[ODIN][Radio] I545VRUAME7

OP arcanexvi

23rd July 2013, 11:21 PM   |  #161  
Flag Bangor
Thanks Meter: 4

55 posts
More
How did I miss the Battery Time. Wow, I need more sleep. Well. This makes no sense. I'm going to give this another try, haven't had a chance today to do so. My battery has been holding up fine all day today on the revert. Tomorrow I shall use the modded version and see how it fares the whole day. Sorry for my mental slowness earlier

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
24th July 2013, 12:12 AM   |  #162  
Thanks Meter: 176

454 posts
I get amazing battery life regardless but I was definitely getting better before the flash of the new radio.

BUT, I'm a trucker so constantly near a charging source and need the better signal that it gives.

I was getting about 5.6%/hr. I'm now getting closer to 8%/hr. Same usage. But even 8% gets me 12 hours... My RAZR got nowhere near that. Or my DROID or Incredible.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
24th July 2013, 04:57 AM   |  #163  
Thanks Meter: 86

457 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELVINUA

i flash in cwm phone samsung l720 but modem no change in info phone

Im surprised this didn't brick your device.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to jasonren29 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2013, 05:24 AM   |  #164  
Thanks Meter: 181

1,105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlxanthus

These are in order of release. The second of course is the version of the modem from the OP. For people who don't like the new radio, just flash the MDK version. This is ONLY the modem.bin for each. I have tested both as working.

These are loaded through Goo.IM so if you download them directly to your phone and the GooManager app it verifies MD5 automatically. Either download within GooManager and my name, or from the below links and choose GooManager as the download option when prompted.

Download - modem_FLASHABLE_MDK.zip [MD5=167fcdd5bd57e4dc78946a63c8c69d46]

Download - modem_FLASHABLE_ME7.zip [MD5=02147307d65ea815fa9ba8d800d7aac9 ]

Just wanted to confirm, are these zips flashable in TWRP, or its ODIN required?

Thanks

28th July 2013, 06:26 AM   |  #165  
Thanks Meter: 76

396 posts
Looks like its flashed in CWM

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to dobo84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2013, 08:54 AM   |  #166  
Thanks Meter: 45

132 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflea

Just wanted to confirm, are these zips flashable in TWRP, or its ODIN required?

Thanks

I flashed them successfully in TWRP.
The Following User Says Thank You to 0reo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st August 2013, 11:42 PM   |  #167  
Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 117

1,096 posts
More
Did anyone have the S3 and used to run Scott's CleanRom? I remember him having modem files that included other files that drastically improved battery life and such. I remember that updates from verizon included more then just the modem's...maybe RIL's? I'm not sure but im wondering if the verizon update included other pieces to go along with the modem? Any ideas?

Here is a link to the verizon s3 that I am talking about that might help:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1788313

It says its firmware and includes other files along with the modem. I think someone smarter than me might understand and be able to pull all the necessary files from the update ME7. Let me know if anyone can figure it out!
Last edited by pschatz12; 2nd August 2013 at 12:00 AM.
2nd August 2013, 01:42 AM   |  #168  
Thanks Meter: 725

995 posts
More
Including them without the whole package breaks functions like WiFi. And there are a few bricked devices resulting in attempting to get it working. The only bit of the me7 firmware update we have successfully been able to merge backwards is the modem.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hlxanthus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2013, 04:18 AM   |  #169  
Thanks Meter: 181

1,105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlxanthus

Including them without the whole package breaks functions like WiFi. And there are a few bricked devices resulting in attempting to get it working. The only bit of the me7 firmware update we have successfully been able to merge backwards is the modem.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

And camera...
6th August 2013, 07:30 AM   |  #170  
Flag Baldwin
Thanks Meter: 19

67 posts
More
Service
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanexvi

Usual warnings: I'm not responsible for what you do to your phone blah blah blah

I yanked the radio out and flashed it via ODIN from the update that's been floating around for those that want to play with it. Flashed it on mine and doesn't seem to have caused any issues (at least on CM). After a day's worth of testing I am noticing that I do get better reception in areas that are trouble areas for me normally.

Note: CM didn't like the new DSP in the NON-HLOS.bin and gave me no audio. I reverted back to just using the new modem.bin file for now and the revert file here can be used if needed. This will restore you to the old HLOS and modem. Just flash the modem.bin below by itself without the HLOS file if you just want the radio updates.I have removed the HLOS file and instructions for the time being until developers update ROMs to be compatible. Using the updated modem is fine by itself.

- Download File

- Flash modem.bin in ODIN under PHONE and wait for PASS! (ODIN did seem to hang for a moment while the phone processed. Don't panic)

- Reboot (if you didn't have it set to do so in ODIN)

- Profit?

Post your results/findings to help other users

Note: If your phone has rebooted and hasn't cleared "reset" into "pass" in ODIN it's not the end of the world. As long as it was successful flashing (lower left corner of ODIN) and is currently booted into android after reboot, you're fine.

Updated Radio: http://www.mediafire.com/?jm2d34gb88jx32m
Revert File: http://www.mediafire.com/?242ruwpbqtcssd0

MD5 of updated Radio: 168FB171A19362678B73409C90F0DD61
MD5 of Revert package: 7232DCCB4C00A940B24B8FB1163D7FF0

So the current downloads work with custom ROMs?> Or is it not a good idea to flash a ROM and this radio update? Because you said you removed the HLOS, but i didn't see it clearly put that this can be done with a custom ROM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread