Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GAME][FREE][2.2+] Buttons and Scissors - improve your logical thinking!

Tip us?

knutson
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Thumbs up [GAME][FREE][2.2+] Buttons and Scissors - improve your logical thinking!

Buttons and Scissors

Hi everybody! It's my third logic game for Android!

Cut off the sewing buttons in the logic game Buttons and Scissors! To cut off the buttons, select two or more buttons of the same color. You can select buttons only on the same horizontal, vertical or diagonal line. You cannot cut off a single button, so plan your strategy in advance! Cut off all the buttons from the scrap of denim to complete the level. Try to complete each level in the shortest time possible to get a better score. Below is how to complete a simple level 5x5:

When you begin playing the game for the first time, there will be a tutorial level. You will be presented with a scrap of denim and a number of different colored buttons. Each current move will be displayed as a white arrow. Touch the first button and move your finger to the last button of the same color you wish to select in that line, and then release your finger. All selected buttons will then be cut off with a scissors, if selected correctly.

Main features:
  • Realistic sewing buttons and scissors
  • 5x5, 6x6 and 7x7 levels
  • Unlimited Undo
  • HD graphics
  • Leaderboard
  • Cloud Save
  • Solutions for levels

The game supports all screen resolutions from the smallest 240x320 up to 1920x1200 and higher!

Google Play: http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...scissors.inapp

I would like to hear your opinion about the game. I'm also happy to answer any questions about the development process.

IMPORTANT: No real buttons were cut off in the making of this game!
My devices: Samsung S5570, LG P500, Acer Iconia Tab A701
My favorite programming languages: C++, C#, Java
Games created by me: Color Oil, REBALL, Buttons and Scissors
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to knutson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

knutson
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Buttons and Scissors v1.2 released!

I added two free solutions (if you got stuck with some level), so now there are 3 solutions available in the game
Also, bug fixed: rare crashing on undo

Please let me know what do you think about my game! Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knutson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

2IVTeam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Nice game.Good work

knutson
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33

Buttons and Scissors

Google Play:
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kyworks.buttonsandscissors.inapp

NOTE: If you do not have access to Google Play, then you can download attached apk. But I would recommend to download from Google Play, because it always contain the latest version!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ButtonsAndScissors-gp-inapp-release_1.2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.91 MB, 1078 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knutson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Natzer.HD2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
makes fun

javycb
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Unable to download from Google Play on my SGSII.

knutson
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by javycb View Post
Unable to download from Google Play on my SGSII.
Sorry man, I removed SGSII (GT-I9100) from the list of supported devices on Google Play. In the last weeks, there were four reports for this device that game is crashing after each level. I googled the forums, and it seems that there is a bug in audio drivers on those devices, but only if it runs original Android version (2.2?). So I9100 is the only device which is unsupported. You can download attached apk, the game probably should work if you are using Android 4.0+.

alex.sg
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Great job, knutson! It's very addictive and entertaining. It runs seamlessly on my Xperia S. At first I thought that 1000 levels are a bit too much, but I already completed about 200. Great time killer!
The Following User Says Thank You to alex.sg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

knutson
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.sg View Post
Great job, knutson! It's very addictive and entertaining. It runs seamlessly on my Xperia S. At first I thought that 1000 levels are a bit too much, but I already completed about 200. Great time killer!
The first 200 levels are 5x5, and yes they are simple. 6x6 and 7x7 are harder! Thank you for feedback!

eli.r
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Hey there,
Tried your game today and it is xly a great, polished to the max game. Here's what I like the most:
- The game is localized professionally to french
- The fact that you don;t have to wait for the scissors to finish cutting the current line so that you start the second
- It runs extremely well on low end devices

Didn't encounter any bug

Again excellent development, Left you a comment on the play store : )

The Following User Says Thank You to eli.r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]