[MOD][XPOSED][v1.2] Snapshare - Share images and videos via Snapchat
Share images and videos via Snapchat
This Xposed module lets you share any image and portrait video via Snapchat, not only pictures you take with the camera from within Snapchat. When you are viewing an image and click on share
, Snapshare will pop up as an option. It will load Snapchat and lets you even paint on the image as if you had just taken it with your camera inside Snapchat. Snapshare will crop your images so they fit into your display.
It uses the Xposed framework to intercept launches of Snapchat from Snapshare and do the magic. Because it uses the Xposed framework, it is device and rom independent
If you find any bugs, please report
See the section Troubleshooting/Bugs on Github
about which logcat filters would be helpful etc.
Confirmed to work with Snapchat 4.0.05 (2013-10-05)
- Install the awesome Xposed framework on your rooted device.
- Install and activate the mod, which you can download from my Bintray site. Don't forget to do a (soft) reboot.
- Adding Borders to the image, instead of cropping it, to fit the display area's size. Especially if you want to share, e.g. square Instagram images, this is probably preferable.
- Check that the video file to share is at most 1 MB in size, as larger files are rejected by the Snapchat server.
- Clicking on the upper left X should return to the Gallery, not the Snapchat camera. Minor priority
- 1.2 Proper handling of video deletion.
- 1.1a Fixed version to work with newest Snapchat version 3.0.4
- 1.1 Support for sharing videos added.
- So far only Portrait videos are supported, as Landscape videos are shown scaled down in Portrait mode in the upper half of the screen.
- Also, if the video is too large, which can happen quickly if recorded with an external app, Snapchat will refuse to send the video. I actually don't even now if you can share any other videos than the ones originally created with Snapchat and saved before sending. Or videos saved by the Keepchat mod.
- 1.0 First working release. Only image sharing supported.
You can find the sources, technical details, bugs and troubleshooting discussions at my Github repository
. This software is released under the GNU GPLv3
Cheers and enjoy!