*UPDATED* [ZIP] All in One LTE Enabler, Flash ONE zip, and have BAND 4 LTE on any ROM
Updated zip to remove the installation of the older outdated snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 audio file. This is not needed with the hybrid modem.
Updated to morrislee
awesome hybrid radios. Works on 4.3 and 4.2! LTE awesomeness, and still has all the newer features (power management, audio on T-Mobile, etc.) from the newer radios.
What is it?:
Click here to DOWNLOAD
- I have created a AIO ZIP that can be flashed on your phones recovery and will enable lte.
- It flashes the awesome.33/84 hybrid (or .27/84 depending on zip) radio/modem by morrislee, fixes audio by overwriting the necessary file, and automatically updates your build.prop with the needed changes.
- ALSO this zip will put 2 CM Backup scripts in /system/addon.d , now if your phone supports CM Update scripts (CM of course,Carbon as well, and im sure alot more ROMS) you will only have to flash this ZIP once, it will automatically backup/restore the needed files and make the changes to enable LTE on each ROM Update, just like it currently does for GAPPS.
- .27/84 radio and .33/84 hybrid modem bundles available for download above
OrginalFusionFile.zip available now at http://goo.gl/5ljsWg
If coming from previous version flash this^^ , then the new V2 AIO zip over it. The original unedited snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 will be restored. Flashing the V2 AIO zip over it, isn't really necessary but it will remove that backup script which isn't needed anymore
Manually: (Depending on ROM)
- You might have to manually enable LTE either in Settings-->Wireless &Networks More.. --> Mobile networks --> Change network mode to "LTE /GSM/WCDMA" (CM10 automatically did this for me)
- If that's not an option and LTE isn't enabled, dial *#*#4636#*#* and Tap WCDMA from under "Set preferred network type". Select "LTE/GSM auto".
- Depending on ROM you will either have to select or input LTE APN under Settings--> Wireless &Networks More.. --> Access Point --> (TMobile LTE APN is fast.t-mobile.com , most roms have this included)
What modem should I use .27/84 hybrid or .33/84 hybrid
Try them both, see which one you like better. Test speed, battery life and reception with both. Results are different for everyone.
Does this work with AT&T, Vodafone, Rogers etc
Flashing this ZIP will enable Band 4 LTE on your nexus 4, T-Mobile uses this in the USA. Check for Band 4 carriers here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
Credits to: (make sure to send thanks to all involved!)
- XDA user morrislee for putting together the awesome .27 and .33 hybrid .84 modems!
- XDA user haze_nme for making the orginal LTE build.prop script.
- XDA user efant again for the original cwm-mako-NoAudioFixForTMobileUSA.zip
- Anyone else involved in getting LTE working on this device.
Current phone: Google Nexus 4 w/ LTE
- Project: KitKat + AK w/ART
Current tablet: 2013 Nexus 7 32GB - ParanoidAndroid
Luna + Windows 8.1 for gaming..
Awaiting surgery: S-OFF! AT&T HTC One X - CarbonROM (My builds)
Want Band 4(T-Mobile in USA, check Band 4 carriers here
) LTE on your Nexus 4? Flash my AIO N4 LTE Enabler zip!
Tech news site: http://gizmoluster.com