No registration required
Thread Closed

[BOUNTY] New Root Method Exploit or Full Bootloader Unlock ***Updated Daily***

OP open1your1eyes0

16th July 2013, 05:00 AM   |  #411  
Thanks Meter: 11

84 posts
More
I i was a developer i would wait until the bounty grows huge before i release anything. There may be a dev that already has the exploit but wants to wait for the bounty to get bigger. Maybe you should close the bounty at 2000-3000? If it goes that far!
Please no hate, just a suggestion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Galaxys4bean For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2013, 05:16 AM   |  #412  
Flag Lagrange
Thanks Meter: 243

1,452 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxys4bean

I i was a developer i would wait until the bounty grows huge before i release anything. There may be a dev that already has the exploit but wants to wait for the bounty to get bigger. Maybe you should close the bounty at 2000-3000? If it goes that far!

You don't think 1k+ is big enough?
16th July 2013, 05:18 AM   |  #413  
Thanks Meter: 152

443 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxys4bean

Just my opinion but while there may be financial gain involved, I don't believe developers primary motivation for what they do is money. I'm not saying people won't respond to a bounty but if a way is possible, with or without a bounty a way is likely to be found. The primary goal of a bounty is to help entice one with the skills to focus their attention our way. Just take a look at this site. Many devs work in teams.....and also have friendly (and possibly unfriendly) competition with others. If you had a way and were sitting on it for a bounty pot to get bigger, you run the risk of losing out to someone who beats you to the punch.

I only encourage anyone on xda who has/will use it to add to the bounty.
The Following User Says Thank You to 318sugarhill For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2013, 05:27 AM   |  #414  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 3,399

2,304 posts
Donate to Me
More
Donator lists updated
jetlitheone
16th July 2013, 06:02 AM   |  #415  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
I cannot see how anyone can do the bootloader unlock. Its not confirmed but most likely a QFuse is blown and unless something leaks or miraculously qualcomm has another exploitable method

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
16th July 2013, 06:08 AM   |  #416  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City

2,304 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitheone

I cannot see how anyone can do the bootloader unlock. Its not confirmed but most likely a QFuse is blown and unless something leaks or miraculously qualcomm has another exploitable method

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Through root, things will be had, it might just take a few steps but the result is possible. That's why it's very important that we get root and recovery first. Unlock will be possible down the road after that.
Last edited by open1your1eyes0; 16th July 2013 at 06:16 AM.
16th July 2013, 06:16 AM   |  #417  
Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
More
It seems ridiculous to me to say "root is possible" and "root is easy, we just want unlocked bootloader" and then not share the root exploit. Considering soft root isn't linked to the unlocked bootloader at all, why not go ahead and help those of us out who could care less about an unlocked bootloader?

I'd be perfectly happy with soft root and a locked bootloader if it's all I could have, as I'm sure other ME7 users would.

I stupidly un-rooted and updated thinking root/loki (or some equivalent) would be relatively easy to obtain with time considering the size of the GS4 user base, but now I'm getting worried. And the ridiculous fighting in this thread isn't making me feel much better. There's no reason to have a ... measuring contest around here. It's pretty clear who knows what.
Last edited by durrell12; 16th July 2013 at 06:18 AM.
16th July 2013, 06:18 AM   |  #418  
Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 8,710

4,043 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell12

It seems ridiculous to me to say "root is possible" and "root is easy, we just want unlocked bootloader" and then not share the root exploit. Considering soft root isn't linked to the unlocked bootloader at all, why not go ahead and help those of us out who could care less about an unlocked bootloader?

I'd be perfectly happy with soft root and a locked bootloader if it's all I could have, as I'm sure other ME7 users would.

I stupidly un-rooted and updated thinking root/loki (or some equivalent) would be relatively easy to obtain with time, but now I'm getting worried. And the ridiculous fighting in this thread isn't making me feel much better. There's no reason to have a ... measuring contest around here. It's pretty clear who knows what.

Actually, it would be stupid to share one before the other was ready, when the other likely requires the first. Why you might ask? Because they could patch the root before the bootloader was done. Of course people always complain about work that doesn't belong to them, no matter what.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2013, 06:21 AM   |  #419  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City

2,304 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

There are reasons root exploits are not always shared (especially for free). Believe it or not but sources other than people who use the devices value root exploits as well (in almost all cases at a far pricier payout too).

Quote:

There's no reason to have a ... measuring contest around here. It's pretty clear who knows what.

This!
16th July 2013, 06:21 AM   |  #420  
Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

Actually, it would be stupid to share one before the other was ready, when the other likely requires the first. Why you might ask? Because they could patch the root before the bootloader was done. Of course people always complain about work that doesn't belong to them, no matter what.

I'm not complaining. I don't know enough about it (yet) to really say one way or the other. But I've been around long enough to know my fair share.

I was under the impression that obtaining root at the ROM level wouldn't be affected by the bootloader at all. Obviously you know more about it than me, so care to explain to the rest of us how the bootloader and root at that level is linked?

I think the majority of us are here to learn, so any guidance is appreciated.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bounty, galaxy s4, root, unlock, verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread