Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,268 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Foxfi Stopped working after latest update... A simple fix

Tip us?

sprintrjm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Foxfi Stopped working after latest update... A simple fix

i have paid for the foxfi wifi tethering app.

It was working fine before the latest update.

Now the phone is erroring out and is prompting me to click on a "go to my verizon mobile" or "call customer service button".

all you have to do is click on "My verizon mobile" when prompted and then just back out of the my v mobile app and the tethering works fine.

And no, i have accidently signed up with a tethering plan.. i double checked to see if it did.

Hopefully this helps a fellow paid foxfi user.
PPC-6600, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900, Iphone 3g, T-mobile G1, Blackberry storm, Htc Incredible, Motorola Droid X, Returned Droid X, HTC THUNDERBOLT, Sold Thunderbolt, Back to the Incredible, Samsung Charge, Razr Maxx, Droid DNA. DNA died, Samsung Galaxy S4, LG G3
The Following User Says Thank You to sprintrjm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Soldi3rxx
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Idk why but the built in mobile hotspot works fine for me. I get no subscription check

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium
~Android~

MyTouch 3G
Samsung Vibrant, LG G2X, HTC Thunderbolt, Droid X2, LG Revolution 4G, (Att/VZW) Samsung Galaxy S3, CDMA Galaxy Nexus, HTC Amaze 4G, MyTouch by LG, HTC Rezound, LG Spectrum, Samsung Galaxy Note II, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S2 (Skyrocket), Samsung Galaxy S4

~PhoNe JunKie~

bkhorn
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldi3rxx View Post
Idk why but the built in mobile hotspot works fine for me. I get no subscription check

Are you on an unlimited plan?
Current Phone: HTC Rezound S-OFF & LG G3
Check out MediaFire to get up to 50GB of free online space! http://mfi.re/?4e0ivsw

318sugarhill
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:

If your plan is capped at a data limit you WILL be able to use it. If not VZW would be in a lot of trouble. They got fined for this before. However those of us on an unlimited plan are blocked access to it.
HTC Incredible (AMOLED) rooted S-off
HTC Rezound unlocked & rooted
Unlocked MDK Rooted Galaxy S4

If it ain't broke....fiddle with it to try to make it better.

Soldi3rxx
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhorn View Post
Are you on an unlimited plan?
Ohh okay, No i have a 10GB plan
~Android~

MyTouch 3G
Samsung Vibrant, LG G2X, HTC Thunderbolt, Droid X2, LG Revolution 4G, (Att/VZW) Samsung Galaxy S3, CDMA Galaxy Nexus, HTC Amaze 4G, MyTouch by LG, HTC Rezound, LG Spectrum, Samsung Galaxy Note II, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S2 (Skyrocket), Samsung Galaxy S4

~PhoNe JunKie~

bkhorn
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Ohh okay, No i have a 10GB plan
Sugar went where I was headed
Current Phone: HTC Rezound S-OFF & LG G3
Check out MediaFire to get up to 50GB of free online space! http://mfi.re/?4e0ivsw

ManVsBeer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintrjm View Post
i have paid for the foxfi wifi tethering app.

It was working fine before the latest update.

Now the phone is erroring out and is prompting me to click on a "go to my verizon mobile" or "call customer service button".

all you have to do is click on "My verizon mobile" when prompted and then just back out of the my v mobile app and the tethering works fine.

And no, i have accidently signed up with a tethering plan.. i double checked to see if it did.

Hopefully this helps a fellow paid foxfi user.
When I turn on the wifi hotspot thru the june fabrics app, it gives me the error message but I just hit the home button and move on. The hotspot works just fine.

MVB

Jacob2kD
Old
Thanks Meter 14
hmm wonder if this will work same with PDAnet+ full version will try and check back

trueagle
Old
Thanks Meter 9
This worked for me with three of the free toggles. Hit home and warning goes away but hot-spot stays on

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

sprintrjm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default re

cool the home button works too..

i am currently tethering on my phone to my laptop..

cheers.
PPC-6600, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900, Iphone 3g, T-mobile G1, Blackberry storm, Htc Incredible, Motorola Droid X, Returned Droid X, HTC THUNDERBOLT, Sold Thunderbolt, Back to the Incredible, Samsung Charge, Razr Maxx, Droid DNA. DNA died, Samsung Galaxy S4, LG G3