I managed to port latest CWM v18.104.22.168 & v22.214.171.124 for our device.
It took me some time to find out how to fix boot loop issues which occurs when we use online CWM Builder. (Thanks to mb-14)
The only new feature I noticed, was "INSTALL ZIP FROM SIDELOAD" which allows us to install ZIPs using ADB commands.
There's no bootloop issues or such, still you should TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
I also changed the background colour to black for CWM 5 clean look's lovers.
I don't recommend touch version because the font it's too big and I can't change. better use the regular one.
Touch means Touch support.
BlackBG/Dark means Black Background.
No root users, download *.tar.md5 file only.
Root users, download any file *.zip or *.tar.md5
Hope you like it.
And ignore that error "Warning: no file_context found ...."
GT-S7500L / GT-S7500T users, don't flash it.
I might be able to help you porting it to your variants.
Screenshots are attached below
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gh7yw46d45kq57n/ZiL6oabHVE
How to flash it using Odin?
- Boot into download mode. (hold the following buttons at the same time and in the following order:
HOME + VOLUME DOWN + POWER)
- Connect your phone to PC using USB Cable.
- Open Odin.
- Uncheck anything other than Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time.
- Click on PDA button and choose your downloaded *.tar.md5 file. (don't uncheck PDA)
- Hit Start.
- If you got an error, rename it to *.tar (remove .md5 extention)
- Your phone will reboot, to boot into recovery mode. (hold the following buttons at the same time and in the following order:
HOME + VOLUME DOWN + VOLUME UP + POWER)
How to flash it through a custom recovery? (needs root)
- Boot into recovery mode.
- Choose INSTALL ZIP FROM SD-CARD
- Choose any *.zip downloaded attachment.
How to flash it using terminal emulator? (needs root)
- Extract recovery.img file to any folder (let's say /sdcard)
- Open terminal emulator
- Input this code: Code:
su dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12
How to use it?
VOLUME UP/DOWN: scroll up/down
Changes will take effect after a reboot.