might switch to tmobile

Search This thread

daswahnsinn

May 24, 2010
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 5
I just left Tmo for crappy data service, I only had 2G. So if you're serious about making the switch do a little research about the data services they offer in your area(s). I will say the have awesome customer service, but like all carriers going to the store for support in useless.

austin420

Jan 8, 2009
kansas city mo
http://phandroid.com/2013/07/10/t-mobile-jump-details/

Tmobile new jump program looks pretty sweet. A new phone every 6 months awesome. I wonder if they'll be getting the note 3.

what that artilce doesnt mention is that you forfeit whatever youve payed on the old phone including the down payment.
to get the note 2 on tmo you have to put down 100 dollars. then make a 20 dollar a moth payment every month on the financing of the phone. after 6 months, youve payed a total of 220 dollars. plus the extra 10 dollars monthly for the jump program. so now your at 280 over the course of 6 months.
to get as new phone, you have to trade in the old (6 month old) handset, plus pay the new down payment of 100 dollars and the cycle starts over. over a year your paying a total of 560 dollars. thats on top of your monthly service price.
sounds like a rip of to me. what are they going to do next? offer leases on phones?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

edit, i was wrong, the note 2 is 170 dollars for the down payment, add an extra 140 to whatever i said earlier.

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
what that artilce doesnt mention is that you forfeit whatever youve payed on the old phone including the down payment.
to get the note 2 on tmo you have to put down 100 dollars. then make a 20 dollar a moth payment every month on the financing of the phone. after 6 months, youve payed a total of 220 dollars. plus the extra 10 dollars monthly for the jump program. so now your at 280 over the course of 6 months.
to get as new phone, you have to trade in the old (6 month old) handset, plus pay the new down payment of 100 dollars and the cycle starts over. over a year your paying a total of 560 dollars. thats on top of your monthly service price.
sounds like a rip of to me. what are they going to do next? offer leases on phones?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

edit, i was wrong, the note 2 is 170 dollars for the down payment, add an extra 140 to whatever i said earlier.

This plan only works if you upgrade and can afford to shovel the money every 6 months as its less money to this rather than buy the phone outright every six months. And especially how they do no contracts anymore.

If your life most people and can wait its not worth it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

austin420

Jan 8, 2009
kansas city mo
This plan only works if you upgrade and can afford to shovel the money every 6 months as its less money to this rather than buy the phone outright every six months. And especially how they do no contracts anymore.

If your life most people and can wait its not worth it.

if you own your phone outright, you can sell it for almost as much as you bought it for new if you only keep it 6 months.

DocEsq

Dec 23, 2010
What has not yet been mentioned is that the $10 extra a month includes insurance coverage. This is only about $2 more than if you paid for it directly so this is a worthwhile plan if you must have a new phone every 6 months.

As has been mentioned earlier, switching carriers means that you must check how the coverage is in your home, work, and play area. Otherwise it does not matter how good a deal you get.

Doc

Reactions: schnowdapowda

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
I just checked and for me tmobile is a better deal overall. Biggest thing is having to pay full price for the phone. But it's worth it. If I switched my bill would be about $45 less and I would get an average of 6-12 mbps on hspa+ with great coverage here in my area. Plus my friend just picked up a couple of lte towers in the area that aren't officially announced. Right now on 3g my Sprint data on average never gets above .16 mbps. It's sad. Even on lte tmobile hspa+ is just as fast or faster. Plus I actually get a signal inside a building. I'm done with testing. As soon as I can leave Sprint I will.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

devynbf

Oct 20, 2012
I switched from Sprint to T Mobile.
Very happy.
Cheaper and 100x faster data
Used to get 1.5mb dl speed on Sprint, now I get normally 28mb dl speed normally.

If you're in a good T Mobile area, I fully recommend.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

Reactions: nicotheandroidguy

SPreston2001

Oct 31, 2009
Columbus
Man im really stuck between a rock and a hard spot. I've been with sprint for like 13yrs but the service has really gotten crappy over the years. 3g is barely usable if at all but 4g has been popping up in small sections around town. Should I stay and wait for the soon to be upgraded network or bail for the already proven and contract free Tmobile network?? Decisions decisions....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

busyychild

Sep 8, 2010
Im in the same boat. Tmo would be cheaper for what looks like the same coverage, faster throughput and would allow for world connectivity.

busyychild

Sep 8, 2010
What are you doing and what plans?

Have an unlimited 1500 minute fam plan right now with 3 phones. ~$180 in the end after taxes and 1 protection plan, 19% corp. discount.

For TMo it would be around $145 for the 3 phones, unlimited 4g data/txt/talk and 1 protection plan, 15% corp discount.

I like the idea of having a GSM/world phone. I will be traveling OCONUS next month and would like to be able to pop in a prepaid SIM into my GN2. I was going to do the GSM mod, but it's more work than I want right now. LTE has started rolling out where I live (boston area). Even though its quick, 20+ Mbps, its spotty and Sprint coverage in the area is slim. I've been less than impresses with sprints service, data, and customer service the 3 years I've been with them. I just need to find a way to get my iPhone 5 on my plan off without paying ETF.

Last edited:

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Have an unlimited 1500 minute fam plan right now with 3 phones. ~$180 in the end after taxes and 1 protection plan, 19% corp. discount.

For TMo it would be around $145 for the 3 phones, unlimited 4g data/txt/talk and 1 protection plan, 15% corp discount.

I like the idea of having a GSM/world phone. I will be traveling OCONUS next month and would like to be able to pop in a prepaid SIM into my GN2. I was going to do the GSM mod, but it's more work than I want right now. LTE has started rolling out where I live (boston area). Even though its quick, 20+ Mbps, its spotty and Sprint coverage in the area is slim. I've been less than impresses with sprints service, data, and customer service the 3 years I've been with them. I just need to find a way to get my iPhone 5 on my plan off without paying ETF.

Well you might want to check online as they offer different promotions. I was quoted for 226 after taxes, for 3 lines all have insurance all would have S4's and talk text data all Unlimited.

to compare apples to apples, Sprint would be 310 that for unlimited everything including minutes for landlines as well.

Currently we pay 222.30 for 1500 shared, unlimited talk mobile to mobile, unlimited data, all insurance on all 3 lines. With 15% discount.

pchong571

Mar 4, 2011
Thats a given. They just did the fastest speeds and att was at 66Mbps and Tmobile was at 62, VZW around 58 to 60 can't remember and sprint at 32.32Mbps top speed lol.

Cool thanks man, I guess I will have to figure out if T-Mobile has LTE here around DC so when my contract is up I can switch over so I can get whatever the next Nexus phone with LTE will be.

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Cool thanks man, I guess I will have to figure out if T-Mobile has LTE here around DC so when my contract is up I can switch over so I can get whatever the next Nexus phone with LTE will be.

Pretty much all of DC is covered under 3G 4G LTE all of which has a very strong connection from their coverage map

cybervyrus8587

Apr 23, 2010
Just made the switch Friday, and I must say I am thoroughly impressed. I tried to wait for sprint to come around and upgrade their junk. I'm not waiting another 1-2 years for reception in buildings. I went this route...

http://www.pocketables.com/2013/07...t-you-out-etf-free-but-good-luck-trying.html

There are a few other sites that helped with the process but pretty much u have to really want it and be willing to fight for it.

I now have a S4 and I think I like it better... Sans TW of course. And just as a tease a couple speed tests.

evavy2a7.jpg

A couple things...

I no longer need to be tethered to wifi. These speeds are better and faster than my Internet. Charter says they're the fastest Internet in the nation, but not in my house :p

My bill is $30 cheaper. 4 lines. 2 S4's with unlimited data, and jump! insurance/upgrade program. 1 Nexus 4 with 2GB data and fully insured. (dad's fone) And one basic ($30 at Walmart) flip fone for mom with unlimited calls, txt, and anything else that line comes with.

Customer service is great. They also threw in a free case for my wife's S4 and dad's N4. That's because when I went online to see what kind of service and deals they offered, the N4 was suppose to come with a wireless charger. But when I went to the store they did not have any.

Bottom line I'm, ecstatic about the change and the difference in value. I would have made the switch if I had to pay the same or slightly more. Good luck to all regardless of your decisions.

Thanks for reading!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: JimSmith94

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://phandroid.com/2013/07/10/t-mobile-jump-details/

Tmobile new jump program looks pretty sweet. A new phone every 6 months awesome. I wonder if they'll be getting the note 3.

What has not yet been mentioned is that the $10 extra a month includes insurance coverage. This is only about $2 more than if you paid for it directly so this is a worthwhile plan if you must have a new phone every 6 months.

As has been mentioned earlier, switching carriers means that you must check how the coverage is in your home, work, and play area. Otherwise it does not matter how good a deal you get.

Doc
    I switched from Sprint to T Mobile.
    Very happy.
    Cheaper and 100x faster data
    Used to get 1.5mb dl speed on Sprint, now I get normally 28mb dl speed normally.

If you're in a good T Mobile area, I fully recommend.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium
    Just made the switch Friday, and I must say I am thoroughly impressed. I tried to wait for sprint to come around and upgrade their junk. I'm not waiting another 1-2 years for reception in buildings. I went this route...

http://www.pocketables.com/2013/07...t-you-out-etf-free-but-good-luck-trying.html

There are a few other sites that helped with the process but pretty much u have to really want it and be willing to fight for it.

I now have a S4 and I think I like it better... Sans TW of course. And just as a tease a couple speed tests.

evavy2a7.jpg

A couple things...

I no longer need to be tethered to wifi. These speeds are better and faster than my Internet. Charter says they're the fastest Internet in the nation, but not in my house :p

My bill is $30 cheaper. 4 lines. 2 S4's with unlimited data, and jump! insurance/upgrade program. 1 Nexus 4 with 2GB data and fully insured. (dad's fone) And one basic ($30 at Walmart) flip fone for mom with unlimited calls, txt, and anything else that line comes with.

Customer service is great. They also threw in a free case for my wife's S4 and dad's N4. That's because when I went online to see what kind of service and deals they offered, the N4 was suppose to come with a wireless charger. But when I went to the store they did not have any.

Bottom line I'm, ecstatic about the change and the difference in value. I would have made the switch if I had to pay the same or slightly more. Good luck to all regardless of your decisions.

Thanks for reading!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Cybervyrus, which specific arguments did you use to get out of your Sprint contract, and how many tries did it take?

I did not talk to anyone over the phone. I read a bunch of posts about this and came across this one...

http://community.sprint.com/baw/th... Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta