5,599,842 Members 46,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][i9500] TWRP 2.7.0.0 touch recovery [2014-03-10]

Tip us?

Dees_Troy
Old
(Last edited by Dees_Troy; 10th March 2014 at 08:05 PM.)
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 8586

DONATE TO ME
Default [RECOVERY][i9500] TWRP 2.7.0.0 touch recovery [2014-03-10]

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.0:
-Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
-Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
-Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
-Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
-Text wrap in the console output
-Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
-Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
-Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
-Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
-Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
-Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
-Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
-Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
-USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
-Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
-Add 4.4 decrypt support
-Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
-Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
-Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
-Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
-Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
-Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
-A few other fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
-Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
-Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
-Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
-Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
-Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
-Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
-Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
-Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

DOWNLOAD:
Most devices can be updated quickly and easily with the TWRP Manager app:
Play Store Link
1) Install TWRP Manager from the Play Store
2) Open TWRP Manager and provide root permissions
3) Hit Advanced->Install Recovery
4) Verify the correct device name on your screen then press Install Recovery if the correct device is showing
OR:
You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dees_Troy
Old
(Last edited by Dees_Troy; 12th July 2013 at 04:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8586

DONATE TO ME
Device specific page for i9500

Mirror 1

Mirror 2

Special thanks to SamerDiab for helping test.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Samer Diab
Old
(Last edited by Samer Diab; 12th July 2013 at 05:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2917

DONATE TO ME
TWRP Flasher BUILD 1.0 Noob Edition
What Do You Get With TWRP Flasher ?
1. The Most Easiest Way To Flash TWRP Recovery.
2.A Full Guide on HOW To Flash TWRP Recovery.
What Do you Need To DO To USE The TOOL ?
1.Enable USB Debugging.
2.On S4 No Need To Install Drivers.
3.Plug in Your Phone And Sit Down And Realx.{Just Follow The Command Prompt}
Downloads :
TWRP Flasher Build 1 Noob Edition{WINDOWS Edition}
How To USE ?
1.Download And Extract To A Folder.
2.Copy TWRP.tar To Place-Recovey-Here Folder That Comes With The Tool.
3.Run TWRP Flahsher.
And Please Hit The Thanks Button.
KingCobra Rom's Run's Best With TWRP
Evolving
KingCobra Rom's In My Blood .
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Samer Diab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Guti1977
Old
(Last edited by Guti1977; 12th July 2013 at 05:03 PM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 23
It is not working for me.

I have just tried the GooManager method, it downloaded the openscript for the i9500 and installed. I then rebooted through a Restart>Recovery from inside Android OS it rebooted but it was not able to boot to TWRP, instead it rebooted twice and went back to Android OS.

I have not tested booting using 3 button combination yet. Will give it a try and report back.

Update: So if I try to boot with Volume Up + Home + Power then it does boot to TWRP with no problem. Weird. I am on Wanamlite 1.8 if it works.

Update: Disregard after a second reboot it did go to TWRP when rebooted into recovery from within the power menu in the ROM. All is working fine now. Thanks for the great work. I used to work with CWM but TWRP rulez!!!
Device: Google Nexus 5
ROM: AOKP nightly 2014-04-06
Kernel: 3.4.0 Cyanogenmod

Samsung Captivate -> Samsung Infuse -> Samsung Galaxy SII -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Samsung Galaxy SIII -> Samsung Galaxy S4 -> Nexus 5

azdine57
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Great!!! Working well for me...

Sent from my Octa using New Tapatalk 4

Samer Diab
Old
Thanks Meter 2917

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guti1977 View Post
It is not working for me.

I have just tried the GooManager method, it downloaded the openscript for the i9500 and installed. I then rebooted through a Restart>Recovery from inside Android OS it rebooted but it was not able to boot to TWRP, instead it rebooted twice and went back to Android OS.

I have not tested booting using 3 button combination yet. Will give it a try and report back.

Update: So if I try to boot with Volume Up + Home + Power then it does boot to TWRP with no problem. Weird. I am on Wanamlite 1.8 if it works.

Update: Disregard after a second reboot it did go to TWRP when rebooted into recovery from within the power menu in the ROM. All is working fine now. Thanks for the great work. I used to work with CWM but TWRP rulez!!!
Well wanam apm is working so it should be working
Evolving
KingCobra Rom's In My Blood .

hotheabilly
Old
Thanks Meter 1058

DONATE TO ME
Yay TWRP! Welcome, Deestroy

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 5.0.203 Alpha

1700Mhz A15 and 1500Mhz A7 running together with 640Mhz GPU.

venorme
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Mate - I was missing TWRP for so much time on I9500. It`s really cool that atleast some developers are brave enough to stay with I9500

hazri1974
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Thanks bro...just flashed using SGS4 Flasher app from playstore and it works...yeahhhh....no need pc odin...missed twrp on my note2 and s3.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

Dees_Troy
Old
Thanks Meter 8586

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazri1974 View Post
Thanks bro...just flashed using SGS4 Flasher app from playstore and it works...yeahhhh....no need pc odin...missed twrp on my note2 and s3.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium
GooManager can download the correct file and flash it for you automatically as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]