Can't install custom recovery

Search This thread

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
My friend can't install a custom recovery.
Firmware 2.20.
On the all in one toolkit, I click install, and it is stuck on "sending recovery".
Any help appreciated.
------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3
Need Help? PM
Hit the "Thanks" button if I helped!

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
My friend can't install a custom recovery.
Firmware 2.20.
On the all in one toolkit, I click install, and it is stuck on "sending recovery".
Any help appreciated.
------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3
Need Help? PM

I think I read somewhere that it has troubles. You can just download TWRP 2.6.0.0 from their website (for evita) and flash in fastboot. Does your friend know how to use fastboot commands?

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
I think I read somewhere that it has troubles. You can just download TWRP 2.6.0.0 from their website (for evita) and flash in fastboot. Does your friend know how to use fastboot commands?

He does and I do. We have tried but we get errors or stuck on sending when doing it the Manual way. We have trued clockwork mod and twrl

------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3
Need Help? PM

Reactions: RollTribe

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
He does and I do. We have tried but we get errors or stuck on sending when doing it the Manual way. We have trued clockwork mod and twrl

------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3
Need Help? PM

Hmmmm... Your bootloader unlocked, right? And it is the dual core, right? What errors are you getting?

Also, I accidentally hit your thanks button, but whatever you seem like a nice guy lol ;)

Reactions: Whiplashh

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Hmmmm... Your bootloader unlocked, right? And it is the dual core, right? What errors are you getting?

Also, I accidentally hit your thanks button, but whatever you seem like a nice guy lol ;)

Sorry, I do not actually own the phone, but I know more commands and stuff then my friend. I own a sprint galaxy s3 :)
But yes, I unlocked his boot loader and when I go to "flash recovery" in the toolkit and if I do it manually, it gets stuck on "sending". No errors or anything. Just stuck there.

------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3
Wicked Sensations
Need Help? PM

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Sorry, I do not actually own the phone, but I know more commands and stuff then my friend. I own a sprint galaxy s3 :)
But yes, I unlocked his boot loader and when I go to "flash recovery" in the toolkit and if I do it manually, it gets stuck on "sending". No errors or anything. Just stuck there.

------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3
Wicked Sensations
Need Help? PM

That usually indicates adb driver issues. uninstall all phone software for both the one xl and you sgs3 and then just install the latest HTC sync.

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
That usually indicates adb driver issues. uninstall all phone software for both the one xl and you sgs3 and then just install the latest HTC sync.

HTC sync? Won't that cause issues? Or just the HTC drivers?

------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3
Wicked Sensations
Need Help? PM

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
No latest HTC sync. You can uninstall HTC sync software and just leave the HTC drivers if you like.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

------------------------
    Sprint Galaxy S3
    Need Help? PM

------------------------
    Sprint Galaxy S3
    Need Help? PM

------------------------
    Sprint Galaxy S3
    Wicked Sensations
    Need Help? PM

No latest HTC sync. You can uninstall HTC sync software and just leave the HTC drivers if you like.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app