5,606,347 Members 32,928 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][Xposed] Multiple Widgets and Camera on secure lockscreen

Tip us?
 
MohammadAG
Old
(Last edited by MohammadAG; 22nd January 2014 at 01:07 PM.)
#1  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3344
Posts: 905
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jerusalem

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD][Xposed] Multiple Widgets and Camera on secure lockscreen

Android 4.2 introduced lockscreen widgets, which allow you to glance at your widgets without unlocking your device, even when it's secure.
Samsung decided to rip this apart, and disable widgets if the device is secured.

This mod fixes that, all while enabling a secure camera on the lockscreen when swiping right (Gallery button won't be shown).

Compatibility:
This mod should work on all TouchWiz 4.2 ROMs, unless Samsung decides to break it later on.
Tested and/or reported working on:
  • Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samsung Galaxy S3 with 4.2.2 leak
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with 4.3 leak

Source:
The mod is open source, and licensed under GPLv3: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed...ltiple-Widgets

Download:
http://dl-count.xposed.info/modules/..._v5_a98dbe.apk

Changelog:
[1.6]
  • Added settings activity to select whether or not to force a camera widget (Note 3 users, you'll need to check this)
[1.5]
  • Support for 4.3, tested on the Galaxy Note 2, will most probably work on the Note 3.
  • Force the camera widget to appear, this should help S3 owners, as well as any user with a 4.3 device that doesn't have Samsung's shiny new camera.
[1.1]
  • Widgets can now be edited in secure mode.
  • You can now toggle between Favorite Shortcuts and Secure Camera in Lockscreen Settings (stock Settings app).
[1.0]
  • Initial release.

Support development:
If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beam™ on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls
The Following 87 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Redflea
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 884
Join Date: Nov 2009
Genius!!

Works perfectly!!

Installed, enabled, rebooted, swiped to the right on lock screen and secure camera opens and works.

So happy about this, thanks very, very much!

Donating now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Redflea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MohammadAG
Old
#3  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3344
Posts: 905
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jerusalem

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
Genius!!

Works perfectly!!

Installed, enabled, rebooted, swiped to the right on lock screen and secure camera opens and works.

So happy about this, thanks very, very much!

Donating now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
You're welcome, and thank you for the donation, really appreciate it
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beam™ on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls
 
bonstio
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 96
Join Date: Jan 2011
Installed, rebooted, no dice. Does this work with pattern lock screen? I was hoping it would. I dug around in settings and found nothing changed. Am I holding it wrong?
 
MohammadAG
Old
#5  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3344
Posts: 905
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jerusalem

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonstio View Post
Installed, rebooted, no dice. Does this work with pattern lock screen? I was hoping it would. I dug around in settings and found nothing changed. Am I holding it wrong?
I use this with pattern lock.

You have Xposed framework installed right? If so, try turning off security, and checking if multiple widgets are enabled in settings then turning it back on.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beam™ on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls
The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nertanjr
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Teresina
need root??
 
MohammadAG
Old
#7  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3344
Posts: 905
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jerusalem

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nertanjr View Post
need root??
You need root to install Xposed framework, so yes.
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beam™ on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls
The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bonstio
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 96
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I use this with pattern lock.

You have Xposed framework installed right? If so, try turning off security, and checking if multiple widgets are enabled in settings then turning it back on.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
Oh. Egg -> Face. I missed the big 'Xposed' in the title. Reinstalled and works great! Thanks. No, really - thanks a lot
The Following User Says Thank You to bonstio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Redflea
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 884
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonstio View Post
Installed, rebooted, no dice. Does this work with pattern lock screen? I was hoping it would. I dug around in settings and found nothing changed. Am I holding it wrong?
As noted above, you have to have the exposed framework app installed, and then need to go into the Xposed installer and enable the module as well.

The Xposed framework app is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1368387321

Framework thread is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401

I have had one glitch so far - I wake up phone and swipe to the left on the lock screen to enable the camera, and the screen goes to the intermediate grey screen showing the camera icon and then the screen goes all black and the camera doesn't open, even if I wait 15 seconds or longer.

I then hit home and swipe left again and the grey screen w/the camera icon appears and the camera opens as it should.

Can others report if they are seeing this? Mohammed - any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

DOH - just remembered, I still have your previous version (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2231649) of this module installed. I assume that should be disabled and uninstalled, right?
 
MohammadAG
Old
#10  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3344
Posts: 905
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jerusalem

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
As noted above, you have to have the exposed framework app installed, and then need to go into the Xposed installer and enable the module as well.

The Xposed framework app is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1368387321

Framework thread is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401

I have had one glitch so far - I wake up phone and swipe to the left on the lock screen to enable the camera, and the screen goes to the intermediate grey screen showing the camera icon and then the screen goes all black and the camera doesn't open, even if I wait 15 seconds or longer.

I then hit home and swipe left again and the grey screen w/the camera icon appears and the camera opens as it should.

Can others report if they are seeing this? Mohammed - any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

DOH - just remembered, I still have your previous version (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2231649) of this module installed. I assume that should be disabled and uninstalled, right?
I'd say the glitch is because of Samsung's own camera code, I got a similar thing where the camera opened and threw me back to the lockscreen. In any case my code just disables their Easy Mode implementation.

My previous tweak shouldn't do anything actually, the old camera was SamsungCamera, this one is SamsungCamera2, so my mod won't find anything to mod.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beam™ on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls

Tags
camera, lockscreen, multiple, secure, widgets
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes