Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How To Root HTC One Google Edition?

OP Nxxx

14th July 2013, 08:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 366

548 posts
More
Hi everyone I'm an experienced rooter and am having trouble finding a method to root the Google Play Edition HTC One. Can anyone link me to a method or let me know how to do it?
14th July 2013, 09:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag san fran california
Thanks Meter: 447

1,146 posts
More
If you have the HTC ge ...I asumme since you're experienced you have knowledge of adb and fastboot...if so all it takes is fastboot oem unlock
Then flash recovery of your choice and so on
14th July 2013, 10:06 PM   |  #3  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 51

345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nxxx

Hi everyone I'm an experienced rooter and am having trouble finding a method to root the Google Play Edition HTC One. Can anyone link me to a method or let me know how to do it?

I've mine unlocked with "fastboot oem unlock", but I'm not able to root the phone. In fact, I think I've lost my stock recovery, I didn't check it before unlock, so I'm not even sure if the recovery had been missing before the phone was unlocked. When I try to boot into recovery now, all I get is an android robot on its belly with a red warning triangle on it. I also can't boot/flash custom recovery either, adb seems the phone just fine, but it tries to push the recovery, the phone just freeze up.

Someone else on android central forum also has his stock recovery missing right out of the box, getting the same belly-up robot as mine, very strange.
14th July 2013, 10:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey4mice

I've mine unlocked with "fastboot oem unlock", but I'm not able to root the phone. In fact, I think I've lost my stock recovery, I didn't check it before unlock, so I'm not even sure if the recovery had been missing before the phone was unlocked. When I try to boot into recovery now, all I get is an android robot on its belly with a red warning triangle on it. I also can't boot/flash custom recovery either, adb seems the phone just fine, but it tries to push the recovery, the phone just freeze up.

Someone else on android central forum also has his stock recovery missing right out of the box, getting the same belly-up robot as mine, very strange.

I unlocked bootoader on mine using fastboot oem unlock. I just flashed twrp image and then installed SuperSU.

I wanted to unroot and that gave me trouble. Used recovery and factory images I found laying around the forums. Still don't know if I did it right.
14th July 2013, 10:31 PM   |  #5  
Flag New York

345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdandashly

I unlocked bootoader on mine using fastboot oem unlock. I just flashed twrp image and then installed SuperSU.

I wanted to unroot and that gave me trouble. Used recovery and factory images I found laying around the forums. Still don't know if I did it right.

can you post the link to stock recovery you found? I couldn't flash the stock recovery image I found on the forum, says "different signature".
14th July 2013, 10:33 PM   |  #6  

100 posts
Quote:

can you post the link to stock recovery you found? I couldn't flash the stock recovery image I found on the forum, says "different signature".

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2358781

Got it from this post. I also used to stock factory image from that post as well.

I'm frustrated because my battery life is pretty bad and when I check stats, the kernel is consuming 25% of battery. Any idea what gives?
14th July 2013, 10:35 PM   |  #7  
Flag New York

345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdandashly

Also, did you get "FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))" when unlock? Mine unlocked just fine but I don't if that error msg at the end of the process effected anything else.
14th July 2013, 10:36 PM   |  #8  

100 posts
Quote:

Also, did you get "FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))" when unlock? Mine unlocked just fine but I don't if that error msg at the end of the process effected anything else.

Yeah it may have said failed. But everything seems to have worked. I'm just trying to get back to stock bc I may need to RMA.
14th July 2013, 11:08 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,184

13,500 posts
More
You do know the Android on it's back is the stock recovery?...
15th July 2013, 02:32 AM   |  #10  
Flag New York

345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

You do know the Android on it's back is the stock recovery?...

Yeah, but mine is the belly-up android without any menu or means to get into recovery menu. Maybe I missed something?

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote:

Yeah, but mine is the belly-up android without any menu or means to get into recovery menu. Maybe I missed something?

Arrrhhh...never mind. I finally brought up the recovery menu by pressing the power+vol up/down buttons REALLY REALLY HARD! I tried this combo for 3 days without success, I think the vol up button is finally loosening up, weird I don't have any problem using it on the phone, just in the recovery mode.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread