5,594,386 Members 34,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM/RESTORE] [AT&T/ROGERS/TELUS/BELL]Return to UNROOTED STOCK WITH FLASH COUNT RESET

Tip us?

billard412
Old
(Last edited by billard412; 24th November 2013 at 07:22 PM.) Reason: ADDED TELUS S3
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1896

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM/RESTORE] [AT&T/ROGERS/TELUS/BELL]Return to UNROOTED STOCK WITH FLASH COUNT RESET

IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THE OTA TO STOCK TW 4.3 DO NOT USE THIS!! IT WILL CAUSE A HARD BRICK!!
I'll try to keep this simple.
So here it goes, short but sweet...
This is a Single recovery flashed file restore to UNROOTED STOCK with STOCK KERNEL, STOCK RECOVERY, MODEM, and Normal System Status with a Flash Counter at 0. Basically a replacement for the odin tar method for a quick on-the-go restore. This is the go-to file for a last minute trip to the at&t store or for unbricking without the need for a pc or ODIN. Plan on selling to buy something newer? Flash this to restore your s3 to an out of the box ota-ready state for the buyer. This will do what odin does with the addition of resetting the flash count during flash. This WILL NOT touch internal storage!
To keep a custom recovery flash one from below after rom flash before rebooting into the system.
To keep root access flash this after install BEFORE rebooting into system.

As with just about any rom you'll find posted on these forums, wipe data/factory reset prior to flashing and FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK as I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone.
Special thanks to @mrksbrd for helping me bring this to the AT&T variant, @Turbojugend for helping me bring this to BELL, @FabC87 for helping me bring this to TELUS, @gutlessmerc for helping me bring this to the 32gb ROGERS variant and @tobesedated for helping me bring it to the 16gb ROGERS variant.
** These zips contain full firmware flashing. Checking the MD5 is highly recommended
FOR THE AT&T/ROGERS/BELL/TELUS S3 (SGH-I747/I747M) ONLY!

INTERESTED IN SEEING THIS ON ANOTHER CARRIER/DEVICE? CLICK HERE! AND LET ME KNOW.

################16gb-ONLY###########################16gb-ONLY#################16gb-ONLY##########16gb-ONLY###########
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

DLK3 STOCK WITH COUNT RESET 16gb ONLY
MD5- ea1d23b80908d892431b742789c0bc1f

MF1 STOCK WITH COUNT RESET 16gb ONLY
MD5- fbad0df788d77805a3e4b58fe9d82d89
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

MD5- d7688ae19f2f9c86f23d70594d04f3cd

MD5- e0ad3732ca36b8fd312d30588568def0
####################16gb-ONLY###############16gb-ONLY########16gb-ONLY############################################## ########

AS SAID IN THE WARNING ABOVE YOU MUST FLASH THE RESTORE THAT IS THE SAME AS YOUR STORAGE CAPACITY. UNLESS YOUR DEVICE IS LISTED IN THE SECOND POST, THERE IS ONLY A 16GB VERSION AVAILABLE. FLASHING IT ON A 32GB OR 64GB DEVICE WILL BRICK IT!
PM me if you own a 32gb or 64gb and are interested in helping me bring this to those devices.

Flash one of these to keep a custom recovery

Flash to keep root

STILL CONFUSED?
THANKS TO @wwjoshdew for the awesome vid!

IF I FORGOT ANYTHING OR YOU NEED MORE INFO YOU CAN PROBABLY FIND IT HERE. PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
The Following 54 Users Say Thank You to billard412 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

billard412
Old
(Last edited by billard412; 19th September 2013 at 09:12 AM.) Reason: Added TELUS 32GB
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1896

DONATE TO ME
ALL FILES BELOW ARE FOR 32gb MODELS ONLY!!!

################32gb-ONLY###########################32gb-ONLY#################32gb-ONLY##########32gb-ONLY###########

MF1 STOCK WITH COUNT RESET 32gb ONLY
MD5- bfee9a7e6f776aa5a9c06e38fa06ffa0
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

MD5- 89b2e713047032d089207850502299db

MD5- bbe6341b05c01b5d4395be6701b0ad7f
####################32gb-ONLY###############32gb-ONLY########32gb-ONLY############################################## ########
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to billard412 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrksbrd
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Another awesome job bro, works like a charm. Way better than using ODIN with the added benefit of resetting the flash counter
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrksbrd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

billard412
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1896

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrksbrd View Post
Another awesome job bro, works like a charm. Way better than using ODIN with the added benefit of resetting the flash counter
Couldn't have done it without your assistance. Thanks again
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billard412 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smallyetzon
Old
Thanks Meter 37
can i flash this with stock recovery? since i unrooted with mobile odin but left 1 count

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Leandre20
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Now I know i may be a noob to all of this but do I just flash one after another with all the zip files

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

billard412
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1896

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallyetzon View Post
can i flash this with stock recovery? since i unrooted with mobile odin but left 1 count

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
No must be done with a custom one

billard412
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1896

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandre20 View Post
Now I know i may be a noob to all of this but do I just flash one after another with all the zip files

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Yes flash the main zip then depending on whether u want root or custom recovery flash whatever other zips u need afterwards

smallyetzon
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by billard412 View Post
No must be done with a custom one
so i need to be rooted to be able to flash all this? aahhhhh please help me root my phone without odin or computer

Sent from my useless no data sync gs3

billard412
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1896

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallyetzon View Post
so i need to be rooted to be able to flash all this? aahhhhh please help me root my phone without odin or computer

Sent from my useless no data sync gs3
I'm afraid you need a PC. You don't actually have to be rooted you only need a custom recovery. You also need a PC to do that tho.

The Following User Says Thank You to billard412 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]