Hello all S4 Mini owners!
I'm happy to finally release ClockworkMod recovery and an insecure kernel for the GT-I9195. With these two installed on your device, obtaining root is easy.
Attached to this post is the necessary files needed for this task. Download the following files:
- Odin_v3.09.zip (if you don't have it already)
- S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (contains SuperSU v1.89 and BusyBox v1.21.1) ONLY FOR STOCK ROM! NOT FOR CM OR OTHER AOSP BASED ROMS!
The procedure is as:
- Copy the " S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip" to your device SD card.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
- Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
- Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
- Select "recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
- After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
- Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
- After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.
- Optional: Flash GT-I9195_Kernel_v1.zip (Only for Android 4.2.2, not KitKat) to use a custom stock kernel, which might fix battery drain for some.
Kernel changelog: https://github.com/arco/android_kern.../commits/stock