Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)

OP arco68

9th November 2013, 11:51 PM   |  #451  
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
I'm having trouble removing the three KNOX files. Maybe it's because I have the latest Samsung firmware installed?

I exactly followed arco68's steps. SuperSU app and binaries are installed. However, every time I allow root access the security information warning pops up with the little shield in the notification centre.

When trying to delete the files I enabled "Root Explorer" in ES File Explorer and chose "Allow" when it asked for root permissions, but I still cannot remove the files from /system/app. It just says it cannot remove them. Does anyone know what to do?

EDIT:
So I thought about this some more.... can't I just use CWM to delete the KNOX files?

Can I just make a script with something like

Code:
delete("/system/app/KNOXAgent.apk");
delete("/system/app/KNOXStore.apk");
delete("/system/app/ContainerAgent.apk");
put it in a zip on the sdcard, mount /system and run the script in CWM? I know next to nothing about scripting for CWM. Do I just put it in a zip file under the \META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script? Does it matter which binary I use?

If something could go very much wrong, please say so... otherwise I'm willing to try this.
Last edited by Quigley; 10th November 2013 at 03:35 PM.
10th November 2013, 04:33 AM   |  #452  
Flag Leverkusen
Thanks Meter: 49

256 posts
Go to system/app with root explorer and enable mounten r/w. Then you can delete it.

sent from my GT-I9195
10th November 2013, 01:59 PM   |  #453  

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke72

Go to system/app with root explorer and enable mounten r/w. Then you can delete it.

sent from my GT-I9195

I tried, with mount R/W and all, but everything that requires root access just gets blocked apparently (by KNOX).
10th November 2013, 03:32 PM   |  #454  

30 posts
I tried with a script as follows. It works:
Code:
ui_print("Mounting system partition....");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");

ui_print("Your warranty is now void! Enjoy!");
I put it in a zip on the sdcard in the META-INF/com/google/android directory, along with some update-binary I found somewhere and installed the zip in CWM.

The KNOX files are now gone along with the warning messages but:

- When I try to use root functions, they still fail, they continue to try to get root permissions, in a loop.
- When I open the SuperSU app, it asks me to update the su binary ("The SU binary needs to be updated. Continue ?"), but that fails too and cannot be used otherwise.

What's going on?
Last edited by Quigley; 10th November 2013 at 04:31 PM.
10th November 2013, 03:56 PM   |  #455  
Thanks Meter: 29

97 posts
More
I had the same problem (couldn't update SuperSU from Google Play).
I updated SuperSU by flashing in CWM and problems with SU disappeared (on I9195XXUBMJ7 firmware).
10th November 2013, 04:56 PM   |  #456  
Flag Espinho
Thanks Meter: 843

2,167 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley

I tried with a script as follows. It works:

Code:
ui_print("Mounting system partition....");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");

ui_print("Your warranty is now void! Enjoy!");
I put it in a zip on the sdcard in the META-INF/com/google/android directory, along with some update-binary I found somewhere and installed the zip in CWM.

The KNOX files are now gone along with the warning messages but:

- When I try to use root functions, they still fail, they continue to try to get root permissions, in a loop.
- When I open the SuperSU app, it asks me to update the su binary ("The SU binary needs to be updated. Continue ?"), but that fails too and cannot be used otherwise.

What's going on?

It's normal. See my post #436 page #44.
Flash on recovery the UPDATE.SuperSU-1.65.zip from Chainfire. This solve the root problem.

And about KNOX I delete also the .odex files on Stock Roms.
Last edited by ValenteL; 10th November 2013 at 05:03 PM.
10th November 2013, 05:26 PM   |  #457  

30 posts
Thanks, ValenteL! With the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip installed via CWM I finally have root access!

I have no idea why the original binaries didn't work.... are they old and incompatible with newer firmware?

To arco68: Do you know why it didn't work?
Can new users install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip without installing the rootkit v1? Could you add this information to the start post?
Last edited by Quigley; 10th November 2013 at 05:35 PM.
10th November 2013, 10:24 PM   |  #458  
Flag Espinho
Thanks Meter: 843

2,167 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley

Thanks, ValenteL! With the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip installed via CWM I finally have root access!
I have no idea why the original binaries didn't work.... are they old and incompatible with newer firmware?

To arco68: Do you know why it didn't work?
Can new users install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip without installing the rootkit v1? Could you add this information to the start post?

I always flash before, the RooKit V1 because it install the busybox 1.21.1 and the SuperSuNoNag-v1.00.apk also, a appl recommended by Chainfire to Dev.s on same Thread from SuperSu.
After I flash the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip.
The Following User Says Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2013, 06:12 PM   |  #459  
Thanks Meter: 109

233 posts
More
Arco68 does this kernel GT-I9195_Kernel_v1.zip is also working in the newest version MJ7 with the knox counter?
13th November 2013, 08:50 PM   |  #460  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 398

596 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsiv

Arco68 does this kernel GT-I9195_Kernel_v1.zip is also working in the newest version MJ7 with the knox counter?

As far as I know Arco68's kernel is THE ONLY solution, if you want to root your device.
I made prerooted firmwares before MJ7 and all worked well, but with MJ7 doesn't work anymore.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s4 mini, gt-i9195, recovery, root
Previous Thread Next Thread