Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,354 Members 44,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)

Tip us?

Quigley
Old
(Last edited by Quigley; 10th November 2013 at 02:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having trouble removing the three KNOX files. Maybe it's because I have the latest Samsung firmware installed?

I exactly followed arco68's steps. SuperSU app and binaries are installed. However, every time I allow root access the security information warning pops up with the little shield in the notification centre.

When trying to delete the files I enabled "Root Explorer" in ES File Explorer and chose "Allow" when it asked for root permissions, but I still cannot remove the files from /system/app. It just says it cannot remove them. Does anyone know what to do?

EDIT:
So I thought about this some more.... can't I just use CWM to delete the KNOX files?

Can I just make a script with something like

Code:
Select Code
delete("/system/app/KNOXAgent.apk");
delete("/system/app/KNOXStore.apk");
delete("/system/app/ContainerAgent.apk");
put it in a zip on the sdcard, mount /system and run the script in CWM? I know next to nothing about scripting for CWM. Do I just put it in a zip file under the \META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script? Does it matter which binary I use?

If something could go very much wrong, please say so... otherwise I'm willing to try this.

Myke72
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Go to system/app with root explorer and enable mounten r/w. Then you can delete it.

sent from my GT-I9195
Neo V
Locked BL

Quigley
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke72 View Post
Go to system/app with root explorer and enable mounten r/w. Then you can delete it.

sent from my GT-I9195
I tried, with mount R/W and all, but everything that requires root access just gets blocked apparently (by KNOX).

Quigley
Old
(Last edited by Quigley; 10th November 2013 at 03:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I tried with a script as follows. It works:
Code:
Select Code
ui_print("Mounting system partition....");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");

ui_print("Your warranty is now void! Enjoy!");
I put it in a zip on the sdcard in the META-INF/com/google/android directory, along with some update-binary I found somewhere and installed the zip in CWM.

The KNOX files are now gone along with the warning messages but:

- When I try to use root functions, they still fail, they continue to try to get root permissions, in a loop.
- When I open the SuperSU app, it asks me to update the su binary ("The SU binary needs to be updated. Continue ?"), but that fails too and cannot be used otherwise.

What's going on?

keekooceeaou
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I had the same problem (couldn't update SuperSU from Google Play).
I updated SuperSU by flashing in CWM and problems with SU disappeared (on I9195XXUBMJ7 firmware).

ValenteL
Old
(Last edited by ValenteL; 10th November 2013 at 04:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
I tried with a script as follows. It works:
Code:
Select Code
ui_print("Mounting system partition....");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");

ui_print("Your warranty is now void! Enjoy!");
I put it in a zip on the sdcard in the META-INF/com/google/android directory, along with some update-binary I found somewhere and installed the zip in CWM.

The KNOX files are now gone along with the warning messages but:

- When I try to use root functions, they still fail, they continue to try to get root permissions, in a loop.
- When I open the SuperSU app, it asks me to update the su binary ("The SU binary needs to be updated. Continue ?"), but that fails too and cannot be used otherwise.

What's going on?
It's normal. See my post #436 page #44.
Flash on recovery the UPDATE.SuperSU-1.65.zip from Chainfire. This solve the root problem.

And about KNOX I delete also the .odex files on Stock Roms.
Best Regards (Cumprimentos).
Valente

Quigley
Old
(Last edited by Quigley; 10th November 2013 at 04:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, ValenteL! With the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip installed via CWM I finally have root access!

I have no idea why the original binaries didn't work.... are they old and incompatible with newer firmware?

To arco68: Do you know why it didn't work?
Can new users install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip without installing the rootkit v1? Could you add this information to the start post?

ValenteL
Old
Thanks Meter 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
Thanks, ValenteL! With the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip installed via CWM I finally have root access!
I have no idea why the original binaries didn't work.... are they old and incompatible with newer firmware?

To arco68: Do you know why it didn't work?
Can new users install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip without installing the rootkit v1? Could you add this information to the start post?
I always flash before, the RooKit V1 because it install the busybox 1.21.1 and the SuperSuNoNag-v1.00.apk also, a appl recommended by Chainfire to Dev.s on same Thread from SuperSu.
After I flash the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip.
Best Regards (Cumprimentos).
Valente
The Following User Says Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jimsiv
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Arco68 does this kernel GT-I9195_Kernel_v1.zip is also working in the newest version MJ7 with the knox counter?
Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-i9300)
ROM : Neat Rom 7.4
Kernel : Boeffla 5.2 Beta RC3

ladislav.heller
Old
Thanks Meter 323

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsiv View Post
Arco68 does this kernel GT-I9195_Kernel_v1.zip is also working in the newest version MJ7 with the knox counter?
As far as I know Arco68's kernel is THE ONLY solution, if you want to root your device.
I made prerooted firmwares before MJ7 and all worked well, but with MJ7 doesn't work anymore.

Tags
galaxy s4 mini, gt-i9195, recovery, root