Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 42,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ZTE Grand X Pro custom rom ?

Tip us?

AlmirBiH
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] ZTE Grand X Pro custom rom ?

hi, i have zte grand x pro but he have was a little laggy, when will be some rom available for download ? soon ?

thank you so much
The Following User Says Thank You to AlmirBiH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heraSK
Old
(Last edited by heraSK; 2nd August 2013 at 01:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
well, that makes whole total of 2 of us who eagerly await custom rom for this great phone.

as for lag, change launcher and disable live wallpaper. i remember when i first powered it up, i thought "what the fluf did i just buy?!?!" now i'm running holo launcher and have never regreted buying it...

anyway, fingers crossed for some poor soul who's willing to sink many hours of rom baking just for our basketball team...oh wait... we're even less than that...

brenca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
*three of us Holo launcher solved the speed problems for me too, and it's a really nice phone

Unrelashade
Old
Thanks Meter 36
What characteristics has this ROM? Is it geared toward fast performance or features? Which version of Android?
Thanks

heraSK
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrelashade View Post
What characteristics has this ROM? Is it geared toward fast performance or features? Which version of Android?
Thanks
it runs stock ICS 4.0.4., with very little bloatware from zte (ZTE launcher already mentioned). the phone feels very quick and responsive, most noticeable for me comming from htc desire/bravo is wifi-data-sound toggles switching waaay faster, fluid homescreen (still to date), no restarts, excellent screen with great pixel density (although is TFT).... it's a great phone overall, especially given the price tag...

haven't played much games so no comment on that. battery with average usage lasts 2 days. but it can go as long as 3 days. yes, charged it tonight after 3 days of usage which would leave me with desire's battery on 10% the next morning (24 -ish hours). really impressed with that...

my only negative comment (the thing doesn't bother me that much, but here you go) is that the touchscreen sometimes feels unresponsive, or not very precise. sometimes pinch to zoom doesn't register and hitting some small on-screen buttons require more tries. but as i said it occurs rare enough not to bother me much...

hope this helps...
The Following User Says Thank You to heraSK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kevinrus123
Old
Thanks Meter 393

DONATE TO ME
I would make a CWM and Rom for it ... but there should be around 15 people which would like a rom on this device ...
I am 15 and i do this all work in my free time.
If you like the work i am doing , please buy me a coffee by donating via PayPal.

Pressing "Thanks"-Button says more than 1000x saying thanks!

Help me filling my thanks meter , by clicking "Thanks-Button"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kevinrus123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heraSK
Old
(Last edited by heraSK; 5th August 2013 at 02:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
well, I've seen some people in croatian forums that might be very happy if you do...

but, what about custom recovery? I think that there isn't one yet...

kevinrus123
Old
(Last edited by kevinrus123; 5th August 2013 at 07:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 393

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by heraSK View Post
well, I've seen some people in croatian forums that might be very happy if you do...

but, what about custom recovery? I think that there isn't one yet...
CWM = Clockworkmod Recovery

Okay then i start to make a CWM by myself.
I need someone who could test it - don't panic it wont brick the phone

Can someone please make rom dump? Need the boot.img , need to change init.rc and some other files...

EDIT : If someone a CWM for his phone , make a romdump and upload it somewhere up (best are Dropbox and Google Drive).
Here a guide how to make romdump
I am 15 and i do this all work in my free time.
If you like the work i am doing , please buy me a coffee by donating via PayPal.

Pressing "Thanks"-Button says more than 1000x saying thanks!

Help me filling my thanks meter , by clicking "Thanks-Button"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevinrus123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heraSK
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I'm on a holiday away from home, but I'll give it a go when I'm back. thx mate...
The Following User Says Thank You to heraSK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kudzo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default ...

I cant post a link here bc dont have 10 post,even on dropbox how we can change files?
On 4shared.com I placed boot.img of zte grand x pro