The S-View cover is really handy, it displays the date, time, your notifications, allows you to answer calls and dismiss alarms, and shows your currently playing song. The last part only works with the stock music player, and doesn't allow interactions.
This mod allows you to display metadata from and control the following players:
- Stock Samsung Music Player
- Google Play Music
- Limited support for any music player that supports metachanged intent and media buttons
Swiping left or right allows you to change the current song, long pressing the screen for a configurable time allows you to toggle playback.
Most variables are configurable in settings. To access settings, open Xposed Installer, find the module and click on it, I didn't want to add another icon to the launcher, it got cluttered by enough Xposed modules doing that already...
Obviously, this needs the Galaxy S4 to work, since it's the only device with an S View cover at the moment.
The mod is open source, and licensed under GPLv3: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed...-MusicControls
You may not post this on the Play Store, whether free or paid.
Get it from the Play Store or http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/...ntrols_2.6.apk
If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal or buying the paid version.
- rovo89 for his Xposed Framework
- Dr.Alexander_Breen for his help with IRemoteControlDisplay (used in testing version, never really made it in 2.0)
- Tungstwenty for method to detect if a module is enabled (from Master Key Patch source).
- Chainfire for ways to enable/disable activities (multi-icon tutorial)
- MrC85 for helping me with Spotify support.
- Fixed swipe not working for default player when Swipe only while playing is checked.
- Added copyright info to settings.
- Added Spotify support.
- Added warnings if Xposed-related problems are detected.
- Added launcher icon for people who were asking why this has no icon. It can be disabled in settings.
- Changed default music player to one everyone has: Samsung's.
- Long press now enabled by default.
- Added debug mode, enabling this makes TTS speak what the app is detecting.
- Added option to enable swipe gestures only while playing music.
- Stock music player control support.
- Paid version on Play Store. Below is the same exact free version for xda users, please don't share it.
- Rewrote long press implementation, old one had a lot of bugs.
- Fixed placeholder album art not showing for Poweramp songs.
- You won't see this: worked on base foundation for ticker support. This would soon allow apps to hook onto this to display their own scrolling text. This text will show up where the title is, scroll once, then the original text will be shown (current song or otherwise).
- Google Play Music support.
- Skip tracks in other players by swiping left/right, metadata won't be shown.
- Fixed swipes only working on the clock, and not the actual song text.
- Show placeholders when no album art is found.
- Support basic gestures to change songs.
- Initial release.