L9 Security Error

Search This thread

Jctatis

Oct 14, 2012
Panamá
i Was on JB V20A and i installed the root and the CWM and try to put cwm. to check if bootloader was still locked well it does.
and now im stock on L9 Security error.

i can enter on S/W and tryin using the "UpTestEX_mod2_marwin" the Window enabler and the Http.exe to flash it but.
i try phone mode CS_emergency and emergency but when it start to check the phone it stuck on 15% and i can turn on the phone (thats the way i used to bypass the 15% and get with the instalation)

so what now? i can enter on S/W and Recovery Mode LG (This mode is for data backip at service center. after reboting press power key to keep using phone), still can do hard reset pressing volumen less home and power but nothing happen keep with the error.

i know while the phone turn on there's a solution.

my phone is L9 p768g
just don't view the post and ignore. :/

Reactions: sptrshi_13r

shucrut

Aug 27, 2012
I have the same situation, may I know what your solution is?

This case is very simple to solve. When you try to install a custom recovery with your bootloader locked, the phone system detects it and give you a message of an error in security, like in your case. To solve this, you'll need to reflash your rom. By doing this, the KDZ will reflash the original recovery and you will be able to access your phone/recovery again.

Step by step:

1. You need to install fastboot drivers: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2119090
Turn off the phone and remove the battery. Download THIS and exctract it to C:/. Open device manager in windows (Rigt click on Computer > Manage > Device manager) and connect your phone without the battery to pc via USB cable. Look in device manager for a new hardware connected, right click on it and click in update drivers. In the window open, select "Search for software driver in the computer" and in the window open select insert C:\fastboot\usb_drv_windows, tick the option "include subfolders" and advance. A pop up window may appear asking you if you do want to install the driver, choose YES and the drivers will install.

2. Navigate to the folder you extracted (C:/fastboot) and double click on start.bat. It will ask you for administrator privileges, just say yes.

3. Select your phone model (2 for P760, 3 for P765, 4 for P768 and 5 for P769). It will ask you to turn off your phone and remove battery. When you done with that, press enter. It will now ask you to insert USB cable with the phone without the battery and after 4 seconds re-insert the battery. Onde you done with that, it wil return a message to press any key. In this step the fastboot drivers may be installed again. Don't worry, it's normal

4. Remove the battery again, wait a few seconds and re-insert it.

5. Plug the USB cable in the phone with the battery in and let VOL UP pressed. The phone will enter in SW Update mode.

6. Follow THIS to reflash your rom. A list of avaiable official roms of different models is HERE. Remember to only flash roms made for your phone model or you may get some issues.

7. You're all done :D I recommend using THIS TWEAK, the phone becomes more responsive.

*** If you flashed a JellyBean rom (V20X.kdz) you can easily root with THIS and if you want CWM recovery use THIS ONE ------ REMEMBER NOT TO FLASH ANY CUSTOM ROM WITH THIS RECOVERY BECAUSE I'M CONSIDERING YOUR BOOTLOADER IS LOCKED AND FOR THIS REASON, YOU CANNOT FLASH CUSTOM ROMS WITH CWM, IT JUST DOESNT WORK!!!

Hope it help you

Last edited:

twinwoods

Dec 10, 2010
It works!!

This case is very simple to solve. When you try to install a custom recovery with your bootloader locked, the phone system detects it and give you a message of an error in security, like in your case. To solve this, you'll need to reflash your rom. By doing this, the KDZ will reflash the original recovery and you will be able to access your phone/recovery again.

Step by step:

1. You need to install fastboot drivers:
Turn off the phone and remove the battery. Download THIS and exctract it to C:/. Open device manager in windows (Rigt click on Computer > Manage > Device manager) and connect your phone without the battery to pc via USB cable. Look in device manager for a new hardware connected, right click on it and click in update drivers. In the window open, select "Search for software driver in the computer" and in the window open select insert C:\fastboot\usb_drv_windows, tick the option "include subfolders" and advance. A pop up window may appear asking you if you do want to install the driver, choose YES and the drivers will install.

2. Navigate to the folder you extracted (C:/fastboot) and double click on start.bat. It will ask you for administrator privileges, just say yes.

3. Select your phone model (2 for P760, 3 for P765, 4 for P768 and 5 for P769). It will ask you to turn off your phone and remove battery. When you done with that, press enter. It will now ask you to insert USB cable with the phone without the battery and after 4 seconds re-insert the battery. Onde you done with that, it wil return a message to press any key. In this step the fastboot drivers may be installed again. Don't worry, it's normal

5. Plug the USB cable in the phone with the battery in and let VOL UP pressed. The phone will enter in SW Update mode.

6. Follow THIS to reflash your rom. A list of avaiable official roms of different models is HERE Remember to only flash roms made for your phone model or you may get some issues.

7. You're all done :D I recommend using THIS TWEAK , the phone becomes more responsive.

*** If you flashed a JellyBean rom (V20X.kdz) you can easily root with THIS and if you want CWM recovery use THIS ONE ------ REMEMBER NOT TO FLASH ANY CUSTOM ROM WITH THIS RECOVERY BECAUSE I'M CONSIDERING YOUR BOOTLOADER IS LOCKED AND FOR THIS REASON, YOU CANNOT FLASH CUSTOM ROMS WITH CWM, IT JUST DOESNT WORK!!!

Hope it help you

Thank you so much. Yes my P769 BOOTLOADER definitely is locked and I can't even root it with all methods provided in xda, I use exactly your method to get my L9 back to life -- although I have to flash it back to original stock but at least it's BACK! Thank you so much. I saw some other people have the same issue but they can't make it work, hopefully your answer shed the light to ALL!

Reactions: jrossix

darksony

Aug 30, 2013
Thank you soo much!!! you seriously saved me.

Step by step:

1. You need to install fastboot drivers: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2119090

6. Follow THIS to reflash your rom. A list of avaiable official roms of different models is HERE. Remember to only flash roms made for your phone model or you may get some issues.

7. You're all done :D I recommend using THIS TWEAK, the phone becomes more responsive.

Hope it help you

MJHawaii

Aug 13, 2011
Honolulu, HI
www.androidhawaii.org
I tried this method and the offline kdz method and here is the trouble I am having.

1. With this method I do everything perfect the device shows up for a couple seconds then it disappears so I cannot go any further.

2. With the offline fix I followed the OP to the letter and when I get to the part where I click on "normal web upgrade" I open it and start the upgrade as stated in the OP and nothing. I get the retry or cancel internet warning and ignore or close it and it will not even try pushing the file.

Anyway I have tried 2 different machines to no avail I am wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and fixed it?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

Owadel

Apr 25, 2011
Pitesti
Didn't work for me! But I tried another method and that saved me from a lot of steps.

Just install the driver and the latest LGMobile Support Tool
Start your phone in Software upgrade mode... Power + Vol up
In the LGMobile Support Tool click on Options and then Upgrade Recovery
Put your IMEI in the option that pops up
Wait for the miracle!
It worked for me ... NO MORE LG SECURITY ERROR

Reactions: sptrshi_13r

KindleUser

Dec 7, 2012
I tried this method and the offline kdz method and here is the trouble I am having.

1. With this method I do everything perfect the device shows up for a couple seconds then it disappears so I cannot go any further.

2. With the offline fix I followed the OP to the letter and when I get to the part where I click on "normal web upgrade" I open it and start the upgrade as stated in the OP and nothing. I get the retry or cancel internet warning and ignore or close it and it will not even try pushing the file.

Anyway I have tried 2 different machines to no avail I am wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and fixed it?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

Fixed my phone too. I removed lookout permanently and my phone stopped functioning, so I did the method u said and worked great, I got scared but it worked. Lookout is installed again, I can root again and uproot if I want, it works great again. I recommend this method to all :)

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

sptrshi_13r

Mar 21, 2014
Kolkata
the easiest!!

Didn't work for me! But I tried another method and that saved me from a lot of steps.

Wait for the miracle!

i think this is the easiest method to get back to your "last working condition".. i mean nothng got deleted, nothng chnged.. i'm happy to get rid of the "security error" condition!! thanks a lot :) :D

yes.sir

Oct 5, 2014

Step by step:

Hope it help you
cant install fastboot drivers windows 10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same situation, may I know what your solution is?

Step by step:

Hope it help you
    i Was on JB V20A and i installed the root and the CWM and try to put cwm. to check if bootloader was still locked well it does.
    and now im stock on L9 Security error.

i can enter on S/W and tryin using the "UpTestEX_mod2_marwin" the Window enabler and the Http.exe to flash it but.
    i try phone mode CS_emergency and emergency but when it start to check the phone it stuck on 15% and i can turn on the phone (thats the way i used to bypass the 15% and get with the instalation)

so what now? i can enter on S/W and Recovery Mode LG (This mode is for data backip at service center. after reboting press power key to keep using phone), still can do hard reset pressing volumen less home and power but nothing happen keep with the error.

i know while the phone turn on there's a solution.

my phone is L9 p768g
    just don't view the post and ignore. :/
    It works!!

Step by step:

1. You need to install fastboot drivers:

6. Follow THIS to reflash your rom. A list of avaiable official roms of different models is HERE Remember to only flash roms made for your phone model or you may get some issues.

7. You're all done :D I recommend using THIS TWEAK , the phone becomes more responsive.

Hope it help you

Thank you so much. Yes my P769 BOOTLOADER definitely is locked and I can't even root it with all methods provided in xda, I use exactly your method to get my L9 back to life -- although I have to flash it back to original stock but at least it's BACK! Thank you so much. I saw some other people have the same issue but they can't make it work, hopefully your answer shed the light to ALL!

Wait for the miracle!