Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,522 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM10.1] Huawei Fusion 2 [U8665]

Tip us?
 
CenterTurkHD
Old
(Last edited by CenterTurkHD; 18th July 2013 at 04:20 PM.)
#1  
CenterTurkHD's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Feasterville
Default [CM10.1] Huawei Fusion 2 [U8665]

How to Install CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Huawei Fusion 2 [U8665]

***READ: Read this BEFORE flashing ICS and above ROMs. Also If you get an update notification don't do it ever

**WARNING: If you proceed, you will lose 3G data speeds. You will have to do the FULL 3G fix whenever you switch basebands, the guide is located HERE.


Installation:

1. Download cm-10.1-20130602-NIGHTLY-u8665.zip from HERE. (155.6 MB) and ICS Baseband from HERE.

2. Download Gapps from HERE. Place all three .zip folders on your SD Card.

3. Reboot in to CWM Recovery.

4. Power off the device, then hold the Power and Volume Up buttons until you reach CWM.

5. Using the arrow keys, navigate to “Mounts and Storage”, Press the Power button to select.

6. Navigate to “format /System”, press the Power button to select.

7. Navigate to “+++++Go Back+++++” press the Power button to select.

8. Navigate to “wipe data/factory reset, press the Power button to select; repeat these steps for formatting Cache partition, and Dalvik Cache.

9. Navigate to “install zip from sdcard”, press the Power button to select.

10. Navigate to “ics baseband.zip”, press the Power button to select. (If you’re on the ICS baseband, you don’t need to reflash it. Skip this step.)
-If you ever go back to Gingerbread, you will need the GB Baseband. HERE.

11. Navigate to “cm-10.1-20130602-NIGHTLY-u8665.zip”, press the Power button to select.

12. Navigate to “gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip”, press the Power button to select.

13. Navigate to “Reboot system now”, press the Power button to select.
**It will take a while for the phone to boot, and may bootloop 2-3 times, never more.





Changelog R1:
???
Report any bugs you see in the comments



This ROM is overclockable!!! The overclock settings are built into the system settings.
I have safely Overclocked this phone to 1117, and it's pretty stable at 1132. Anything higher will make the phone unstable.


Thanks to Cameron581 and No|Name for kernel and Dazzozo for baserom.
Thanks to Zerosedev for the helpful guide, and hit 'Thanks' if this helped!



Also, I apologize if this thread bothers anyone with the Ideos S7. I saw that the forums were a little empty and not many people went on it and since our device (Huawei Fusion 2) doesn't have a forum on XDA, I thought this may be a good way to keep things organized.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenterTurkHD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Jessical
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 146
Posts: 433
Join Date: Jan 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
You should use this forum: http://androidforums.com/t-fusion-2/
iPad Mini - iOS 7 Beta / Huawei Fusion 2 U8665 - CyanogenMod 10.1
 
CenterTurkHD
Old
#3  
CenterTurkHD's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Feasterville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessical View Post
You should use this forum: http://androidforums.com/t-fusion-2/
Yeah I will also update on that, I wanna use this because it's very organized, well so is the AndroidForums, but eh, I'll keep them updated
HTC One
 
threader
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 65
Join Date: May 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Have you tried increasing the voltage trough the kernel at the higher clockrates?
I have not dared clock the S7 higher then the maximum 1ghz, but if you either tweak the voltage settings trough the menuconfig or hack it, it might become more stable at around 1150 mhz
,,,
(Oo)
⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ
 
CenterTurkHD
Old
(Last edited by CenterTurkHD; 19th July 2013 at 10:33 PM.)
#5  
CenterTurkHD's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Feasterville
Quote:
Originally Posted by threader View Post
Have you tried increasing the voltage trough the kernel at the higher clockrates?
I have not dared clock the S7 higher then the maximum 1ghz, but if you either tweak the voltage settings trough the menuconfig or hack it, it might become more stable at around 1150 mhz
The highest I overclocked to is 1017. The ROM can't oc over 1032

Sent from my U8665 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
HTC One
 
dwxvi
Old
#6  
dwxvi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 165
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Prattville, AL
Anyone have that 3G Fix? The link doesn't seem to work. :/
Devices:

Nexus 5 (Black - 16 GB) - Flashaholic - SlimKat / ElementalX

Nexus 7 (2012 - 32 GB) - Purity / Stock Kernel

HTC One (2013 - Stealth Black - 32 GB) - SOLD
 
nhara421
Old
#7  
nhara421's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 41
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwxvi View Post
Anyone have that 3G Fix? The link doesn't seem to work. :/
You can download it here: http://androidforums.com/fusion-2-al...usion-2-a.html

But, you should back up your 3g first. link to how to: http://androidforums.com/fusion-2-al...bean-roms.html
 
Simba.7
Old
#8  
Simba.7's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 42
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Billings, Montana
Is there a way we can get a recent version (CM10.1) built? Also, how do we get the 2GB internal partition recognized?

I picked up a pair of these and switched them both to CM10.1. Unfortunately, there is only ~350MB of space for the /system partition (I'm working on this). I will need the partition map so I can actually shuffle some space around. I'm looking at taking (maybe) a 200MB chunk out of /data and sticking it in /system. Either that, or making a normal CM10.1 build and a barebones gapps build.

Also, I noticed this has a built-in FM radio according to several sites. Any ideas?
 
Tenderenden
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tarnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterTurkHD View Post
How to Install CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Huawei Fusion 2 [U8665]

***READ: Read this BEFORE flashing ICS and above ROMs. Also If you get an update notification don't do it ever

**WARNING: If you proceed, you will lose 3G data speeds. You will have to do the FULL 3G fix whenever you switch basebands, the guide is located HERE.


Installation:

1. Download cm-10.1-20130602-NIGHTLY-u8665.zip from HERE. (155.6 MB) and ICS Baseband from HERE.

2. Download Gapps from HERE. Place all three .zip folders on your SD Card.

3. Reboot in to CWM Recovery.

4. Power off the device, then hold the Power and Volume Up buttons until you reach CWM.

5. Using the arrow keys, navigate to “Mounts and Storage”, Press the Power button to select.

6. Navigate to “format /System”, press the Power button to select.

7. Navigate to “+++++Go Back+++++” press the Power button to select.

8. Navigate to “wipe data/factory reset, press the Power button to select; repeat these steps for formatting Cache partition, and Dalvik Cache.

9. Navigate to “install zip from sdcard”, press the Power button to select.

10. Navigate to “ics baseband.zip”, press the Power button to select. (If you’re on the ICS baseband, you don’t need to reflash it. Skip this step.)
-If you ever go back to Gingerbread, you will need the GB Baseband. HERE.

11. Navigate to “cm-10.1-20130602-NIGHTLY-u8665.zip”, press the Power button to select.

12. Navigate to “gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip”, press the Power button to select.

13. Navigate to “Reboot system now”, press the Power button to select.
**It will take a while for the phone to boot, and may bootloop 2-3 times, never more.





Changelog R1:
???
Report any bugs you see in the comments



This ROM is overclockable!!! The overclock settings are built into the system settings.
I have safely Overclocked this phone to 1117, and it's pretty stable at 1132. Anything higher will make the phone unstable.


Thanks to Cameron581 and No|Name for kernel and Dazzozo for baserom.
Thanks to Zerosedev for the helpful guide, and hit 'Thanks' if this helped!



Also, I apologize if this thread bothers anyone with the Ideos S7. I saw that the forums were a little empty and not many people went on it and since our device (Huawei Fusion 2) doesn't have a forum on XDA, I thought this may be a good way to keep things organized.
Is this working on Huawei IDEOS S7 Slim?
Sorry for my English guys
The Following User Says Thank You to Tenderenden For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rowloo
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2014
does anyone happen to know if there are any CM updates for this phone? also, is there an overclocking kernal because i cannot put it up more than the current clock speed in the performance section
thank you

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes