MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

[CM10.1] Huawei Fusion 2 [U8665]

18th July 2013, 04:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Feasterville
Thanks Meter: 14

40 posts
More
How to Install CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Huawei Fusion 2 [U8665]

***READ: Read this BEFORE flashing ICS and above ROMs. Also If you get an update notification don't do it ever

**WARNING: If you proceed, you will lose 3G data speeds. You will have to do the FULL 3G fix whenever you switch basebands, the guide is located HERE.

Installation:

1. Download cm-10.1-20130602-NIGHTLY-u8665.zip from HERE. (155.6 MB) and ICS Baseband from HERE.

2. Download Gapps from HERE. Place all three .zip folders on your SD Card.

3. Reboot in to CWM Recovery.

4. Power off the device, then hold the Power and Volume Up buttons until you reach CWM.

5. Using the arrow keys, navigate to “Mounts and Storage”, Press the Power button to select.

6. Navigate to “format /System”, press the Power button to select.

7. Navigate to “+++++Go Back+++++” press the Power button to select.

8. Navigate to “wipe data/factory reset, press the Power button to select; repeat these steps for formatting Cache partition, and Dalvik Cache.

9. Navigate to “install zip from sdcard”, press the Power button to select.

10. Navigate to “ics baseband.zip”, press the Power button to select. (If you’re on the ICS baseband, you don’t need to reflash it. Skip this step.)
-If you ever go back to Gingerbread, you will need the GB Baseband. HERE.

11. Navigate to “cm-10.1-20130602-NIGHTLY-u8665.zip”, press the Power button to select.

12. Navigate to “gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip”, press the Power button to select.

13. Navigate to “Reboot system now”, press the Power button to select.
**It will take a while for the phone to boot, and may bootloop 2-3 times, never more.

Changelog R1:
???
Report any bugs you see in the comments

This ROM is overclockable!!! The overclock settings are built into the system settings.
I have safely Overclocked this phone to 1117, and it's pretty stable at 1132. Anything higher will make the phone unstable.

Thanks to Cameron581 and No|Name for kernel and Dazzozo for baserom.
Thanks to Zerosedev for the helpful guide, and hit 'Thanks' if this helped!

Also, I apologize if this thread bothers anyone with the Ideos S7. I saw that the forums were a little empty and not many people went on it and since our device (Huawei Fusion 2) doesn't have a forum on XDA, I thought this may be a good way to keep things organized.
Last edited by CenterTurkHD; 18th July 2013 at 04:20 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenterTurkHD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2013, 11:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 146

433 posts
Donate to Me
More
You should use this forum: http://androidforums.com/t-fusion-2/
19th July 2013, 03:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Feasterville

40 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessical

You should use this forum: http://androidforums.com/t-fusion-2/

Yeah I will also update on that, I wanna use this because it's very organized, well so is the AndroidForums, but eh, I'll keep them updated
19th July 2013, 05:40 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 33

65 posts
Donate to Me
Have you tried increasing the voltage trough the kernel at the higher clockrates?
I have not dared clock the S7 higher then the maximum 1ghz, but if you either tweak the voltage settings trough the menuconfig or hack it, it might become more stable at around 1150 mhz
19th July 2013, 06:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Feasterville

40 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by threader

Have you tried increasing the voltage trough the kernel at the higher clockrates?
I have not dared clock the S7 higher then the maximum 1ghz, but if you either tweak the voltage settings trough the menuconfig or hack it, it might become more stable at around 1150 mhz

The highest I overclocked to is 1017. The ROM can't oc over 1032

Sent from my U8665 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Last edited by CenterTurkHD; 19th July 2013 at 10:33 PM.
13th August 2013, 10:31 PM   |  #6  
Flag Prattville, AL
Thanks Meter: 58

168 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question
Anyone have that 3G Fix? The link doesn't seem to work. :/
30th August 2013, 03:25 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwxvi

Anyone have that 3G Fix? The link doesn't seem to work. :/

You can download it here: http://androidforums.com/fusion-2-al...usion-2-a.html

But, you should back up your 3g first. link to how to: http://androidforums.com/fusion-2-al...bean-roms.html
14th December 2013, 04:42 AM   |  #8  
Flag Billings, Montana
Thanks Meter: 5

42 posts
More
Is there a way we can get a recent version (CM10.1) built? Also, how do we get the 2GB internal partition recognized?

I picked up a pair of these and switched them both to CM10.1. Unfortunately, there is only ~350MB of space for the /system partition (I'm working on this). I will need the partition map so I can actually shuffle some space around. I'm looking at taking (maybe) a 200MB chunk out of /data and sticking it in /system. Either that, or making a normal CM10.1 build and a barebones gapps build.

Also, I noticed this has a built-in FM radio according to several sites. Any ideas?
20th January 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #9  
Flag Tarnow
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterTurkHD

How to Install CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Huawei Fusion 2 [U8665]

***READ: Read this BEFORE flashing ICS and above ROMs. Also If you get an update notification don't do it ever

**WARNING: If you proceed, you will lose 3G data speeds. You will have to do the FULL 3G fix whenever you switch basebands, the guide is located HERE.

Installation:

1. Download cm-10.1-20130602-NIGHTLY-u8665.zip from HERE. (155.6 MB) and ICS Baseband from HERE.

2. Download Gapps from HERE. Place all three .zip folders on your SD Card.

3. Reboot in to CWM Recovery.

4. Power off the device, then hold the Power and Volume Up buttons until you reach CWM.

5. Using the arrow keys, navigate to “Mounts and Storage”, Press the Power button to select.

6. Navigate to “format /System”, press the Power button to select.

7. Navigate to “+++++Go Back+++++” press the Power button to select.

8. Navigate to “wipe data/factory reset, press the Power button to select; repeat these steps for formatting Cache partition, and Dalvik Cache.

9. Navigate to “install zip from sdcard”, press the Power button to select.

10. Navigate to “ics baseband.zip”, press the Power button to select. (If you’re on the ICS baseband, you don’t need to reflash it. Skip this step.)
-If you ever go back to Gingerbread, you will need the GB Baseband. HERE.

11. Navigate to “cm-10.1-20130602-NIGHTLY-u8665.zip”, press the Power button to select.

12. Navigate to “gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip”, press the Power button to select.

13. Navigate to “Reboot system now”, press the Power button to select.
**It will take a while for the phone to boot, and may bootloop 2-3 times, never more.

Changelog R1:
???
Report any bugs you see in the comments

This ROM is overclockable!!! The overclock settings are built into the system settings.
I have safely Overclocked this phone to 1117, and it's pretty stable at 1132. Anything higher will make the phone unstable.

Thanks to Cameron581 and No|Name for kernel and Dazzozo for baserom.
Thanks to Zerosedev for the helpful guide, and hit 'Thanks' if this helped!

Also, I apologize if this thread bothers anyone with the Ideos S7. I saw that the forums were a little empty and not many people went on it and since our device (Huawei Fusion 2) doesn't have a forum on XDA, I thought this may be a good way to keep things organized.

Is this working on Huawei IDEOS S7 Slim?
The Following User Says Thank You to Tenderenden For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

14 posts
does anyone happen to know if there are any CM updates for this phone? also, is there an overclocking kernal because i cannot put it up more than the current clock speed in the performance section
thank you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread