Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 51,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gameloft Games And You: How To Get MC4, Blitz Brigade, And Others Working

Tip us?

LegionTHEFecalExcretion
Old
(Last edited by LegionTHEFecalExcretion; 24th September 2013 at 12:27 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 484
Info 2 Gameloft Games And You: How To Get MC4, Blitz Brigade, And Others Working

Hello there guys and gals, hope your OUYA's are bringing you as much fun as mine has! The question I see more than any other in the sideloading threads is "How do I get X Gameloft game to work?". While the general consensus so far has been that you can't, some recent discoveries have provided us all with a way to not only get our favorite Gameloft games working, but to enable full controller compatibility as well! This guide will show you how to get games like Modern Combat 4 working perfectly on your OUYA.

1. Acquire your game

There are two ways of obtaining Gameloft games for your OUYA, the best and easiest way is to sideload the Amazon App Store (DOWNLOAD HERE), but alternatively they can also be gotten from Gameloft's webstore by navigating to wapshop.gameloft.com on the OUYA web browser.

2. The Game Won't Load

Cheer up friend! There is a very simple and easily fixable reason why your Gameloft game isn't loading, the OUYA's task manager settings. On your OUYA go to "Manage" then "System" then "Advanced", then scroll down to the button and click on "Developer Options", scroll down to the bottom once again and uncheck the option third from the bottom that says "Destroy an activity as soon as a user leaves it".

At this point your Gameloft game will be able to run properly, but you may notice that when you go to launch it from the "Make" menu it refuses to launch. Gameloft games must be launched either from the Amazon App Store by clicking the "open" button in the "My Apps" menu or by using a third party launcher such as Nova Launcher.

3. But The Controller Doesn't Work!

And now we come to penultimate step, the controller. Many Gameloft games only support a single bluetooth controller, the MOGA controller. This is the part where many sideloaders hit a dead end, but fear not! It's been discovered there is an easy way into fooling certain Gameloft games into thinking the OUYA controller is in fact a MOGA controller.

How is this miracle accomplished?

Simple. By plugging in most USB HID devices, such as a USB mouse or keyboard for example(YMMV), you can fool several Gameloft games into working perfectly with the OUYA controller. A good way to test if your HID device works or not is to download and run Blitz Brigade(a free game). If you get a toast message saying "MOGA Controller Detected", then your HID device should also work with Modern Combat 4 and many of Gamelofts other games.

If you don't have a USB HID device that triggers this exploit you can also root and install the Xposed framework which enables controller support for nearly all of Gameloft's games. This is highly recommended.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2359390

Proof this works:

While it's been confirmed that all Gameloft games acquired through the Amazon App Store launch and run fine and most are playable with a mouse, there are only a few that support the controller with the USB HID device trick.

So far these include:

Dungeon Hunter 4 (USB trick not needed for Mage and Archer classes)
Modern Combat 4
Blitz Brigade

For an updated list of the currently working Gameloft games check here:

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...ameloft-Thread
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LegionTHEFecalExcretion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ajerkdude
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Will Gameloft "Kindle Tablet Editions" work in the same way?

Simonius007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionTHEFecalExcretion View Post

Hello there guys and gals, hope your OUYA's are bringing you as much fun as mine has! The question I see more than any other in the sideloading threads is "How do I get X Gameloft game to work?". While the general consensus so far has been that you can't, some recent discoveries have provided us all with a way to not only get our favorite Gameloft games working, but to enable full controller compatibility as well! This guide will show you how to get games like Modern Combat 4 working perfectly on your OUYA.

1. Acquire your game

There are two ways of obtaining Gameloft games for your OUYA, the best and easiest way is to sideload the Amazon App Store (DOWNLOAD HERE), but alternatively they can also be gotten from Gameloft's webstore by navigating to wapshop.gameloft.com on the OUYA web browser.

2. The Game Won't Load

Cheer up friend! There is a very simple and easily fixable reason why your Gameloft game isn't loading, the OUYA's task manager settings. On your OUYA go to "Manage" then "System" then "Advanced", then scroll down to the button and click on "Developer Options", scroll down to the bottom once again and uncheck the option third from the bottom that says "Destroy an activity as soon as a user leaves it".

At this point your Gameloft game will be able to run properly, but you may notice that when you go to launch it from the "Make" menu it refuses to launch. Gameloft games must be launched either from the Amazon App Store by clicking the "open" button in the "My Apps" menu or by using a third party launcher such as Nova Launcher.

And now we come to penultimate step, the controller. Many Gameloft games only support a single bluetooth controller, the MOGA controller. This is the part where many sideloaders hit a dead end, but fear not! It's been discovered there is an easy way into fooling certain Gameloft games into thinking the OUYA controller is in fact a MOGA controller.

Simple. By plugging in most USB HID devices, such as a USB mouse or keyboard for example(YMMV), you can fool several Gameloft games into working perfectly with the OUYA controller. A good way to test if your HID device works or not is to download and run Blitz Brigade(a free game). If you get a toast message saying "MOGA Controller Detected", then your HID device should also work with Modern Combat 4, NOVA 3 and many of Gamelofts other games.

Proof this works:

While it's been confirmed that all Gameloft games acquired through the Amazon App Store launch and run fine and most are playable with a mouse, there are only a few that support the controller with the USB HID device trick.

So far these include:

Dungeon Hunter 4 (USB trick not needed for Mage and Archer classes)
Modern Combat 4
NOVA 3
It is very useful information. thanks a lot for your research!
LG Optimus 4X HD / Unlocked bootloader/ CyanogenMod 10.1 (Nightlies) / iodak kernel v06
OUYA / -=OUYA StockPlus=- ROM

TadeoNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajerkdude View Post
Will Gameloft "Kindle Tablet Editions" work in the same way?
When browsing the Amazon app store via OUYA, those titles are not available. So the possible way to run them would be to trick the site in to thinking ouya was a kindle or to install it on a kindle and port it over to OUYA via root backup apps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TempoPR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I download MC4 but not work

I buy modern combat 4 in the amazon app store and still not working.. I tried everything! Please help me

LegionTHEFecalExcretion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempoPR View Post
I buy modern combat 4 in the amazon app store and still not working.. I tried everything! Please help me
Could you be more specific, at what point are you having problems?

TempoPR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
When the game is goin to open,dint work..

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

LegionTHEFecalExcretion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 484
Then you need to follow step two:

Quote:
On your OUYA go to "Manage" then "System" then "Advanced", then scroll down to the button and click on "Developer Options", scroll down to the bottom once again and uncheck the option third from the bottom that says "Destroy an activity as soon as a user leaves it".

TempoPR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The game is working now!! But i cant get the controller working.. :/

LegionTHEFecalExcretion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempoPR View Post
The game is working now!! But i cant get the controller working.. :/

Then you need to follow step 3:

Quote:

Simple. By plugging in most USB HID devices, such as a USB mouse or keyboard for example(YMMV), you can fool several Gameloft games into working perfectly with the OUYA controller. A good way to test if your HID device works or not is to download and run Blitz Brigade(a free game). If you get a toast message saying "MOGA Controller Detected", then your HID device should also work with Modern Combat 4, NOVA 3 and many of Gamelofts other games.

Tags
controller, gameloft, modern combat 4, ouya, working