Solved: camera issues on beanstalk

Search This thread

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
If you are one of the rare people (like myself) that cannot get the camera to connect regardless of what you do, then here ya go

I finally found a fix after 2 hours tracking the problem. Just place this file in data/cfw using a root explorer then camera should work no problem

http://d-h.st/bas

Hope this helps

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4

locote25

Nov 23, 2012
Thank you so much. I just have these 2 questions.
1 Are you referring to data in the external or internal storage
2 That CFW folder, do you create it or is it supposed to be there?

Again thank you cuz I really like this ROM but no having the camera is really annoying :thumbup:

UPDATE: tried it and nothing. I did data in the internal storage.. And just dumped it in there. Still having the issue.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
Thank you so much. I just have these 2 questions.
1 Are you referring to data in the external or internal storage
2 That CFW folder, do you create it or is it supposed to be there?

Again thank you cuz I really like this ROM but no having the camera is really annoying :thumbup:

UPDATE: tried it and nothing. I did data in the internal storage.. And just dumped it in there. Still having the issue.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

It's on internal root. Also paste it in vendor/firmware

You should already have some files in data/cfw

Last edited:

randomonforums

Jul 19, 2013
This was an issue that was discussed before due to incompatible camera firmware with AOSP roms on some Note II devices. I also could not find anything in the data folder but after giving root permissions to File Explorer I found the cfw folder in data and just moved the SlimZM bin file into there and camera worked right away.

I just hope they would include the SlimZM bin in the next update since the latest CM 10.1 nightly has it included in system/vendor/firmware and we don't have to do it manually.

Reactions: locote25

mohamm3edadam

Jul 19, 2014
move permission to root folder

i tried copying the file to the location u told but it doesnt allow me to copy. it says cannot copy the folder is read only .Please help

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
i tried copying the file to the location u told but it doesnt allow me to copy. it says cannot copy the folder is read only .Please help

Use a root explorer (file manager )....that allows root file access...then enable read/write status within the app...

Then you'll be able to copy and paste the file successfully...

The device must be rooted of course....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are one of the rare people (like myself) that cannot get the camera to connect regardless of what you do, then here ya go

I finally found a fix after 2 hours tracking the problem. Just place this file in data/cfw using a root explorer then camera should work no problem

http://d-h.st/bas

Hope this helps

This was an issue that was discussed before due to incompatible camera firmware with AOSP roms on some Note II devices. I also could not find anything in the data folder but after giving root permissions to File Explorer I found the cfw folder in data and just moved the SlimZM bin file into there and camera worked right away.

I just hope they would include the SlimZM bin in the next update since the latest CM 10.1 nightly has it included in system/vendor/firmware and we don't have to do it manually.
    Bump

This fix also works for any rom. I just used it on the tw miui rom.