Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

[Q] Hisense Sero 7 Pro rooting problems

8th October 2013, 01:22 AM   |  #11  
Cape May
Thanks Meter: 16

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exs.advocate

Just use vroot app. For zero 7 Lt or pro. It'll install super user and its in Chinese. Just re download super user from Google market and delete the Chinese one after rooting.

sent from my Sero 7 using XDA Premium Tablet app

there are some newer root scripts in the dev thread from delorespark
28th November 2013, 10:49 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Hisense sero 7 pro stuck in bootloop
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard41

i rooted my hisense sero 7 pro last week an everything went fine. i intalled a diferent font from rom toolbox an when it rebooted it stayed on the startup screen ,

Richard41, I am having the same problem. I root my Hisense Sero 7 Pro a week ago and it worked perfectly. Then a few days ago I downloaded an app from Google play to change the font on my device. It worked just fine but a day or two later, I went in the app to change the font again, but it immediately took me to Google play where I downloaded it and on the top of the screen it said, "This app is not compatible with your device."
I don't understand why it would say that when I already had it installed. So I left that screen and went back to the font app itself. I selected the font I wanted, it asked if I'm sure I want to change the font to the selected one, I confirmed it and then another pop up screen came up in Chinese or Japanese letters. It looked like it was asking the same question but in another language. I choice what I thought would be yes in English since it was in the was in the same place and then another pop up screen came but I don't know what it said because it was in the same Chinese or Japanese letters with a mixture of a few English letters, but still couldn't comprehend the message. So I figured I just needed to reboot it. I rebooted it, and it has been stuck on the "Hisense Smart" boot introductory screen ever since.
Last edited by Danaroxy; 28th November 2013 at 10:58 PM. Reason: The font was too big
22nd December 2013, 04:15 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danaroxy

Richard41, I am having the same problem. I root my Hisense Sero 7 Pro a week ago and it worked perfectly. Then a few days ago I downloaded an app from Google play to change the font on my device. It worked just fine but a day or two later, I went in the app to change the font again, but it immediately took me to Google play where I downloaded it and on the top of the screen it said, "This app is not compatible with your device."
I don't understand why it would say that when I already had it installed. So I left that screen and went back to the font app itself. I selected the font I wanted, it asked if I'm sure I want to change the font to the selected one, I confirmed it and then another pop up screen came up in Chinese or Japanese letters. It looked like it was asking the same question but in another language. I choice what I thought would be yes in English since it was in the was in the same place and then another pop up screen came but I don't know what it said because it was in the same Chinese or Japanese letters with a mixture of a few English letters, but still couldn't comprehend the message. So I figured I just needed to reboot it. I rebooted it, and it has been stuck on the "Hisense Smart" boot introductory screen ever since.

I also rebooted my Sero 7 and ever since I am stuck. I tried to install other ROMs also including the latest 4.4 by randomblame, however it is stuck... forever.
22nd December 2013, 08:17 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogood1

I also rebooted my Sero 7 and ever since I am stuck. I tried to install other ROMs also including the latest 4.4 by randomblame, however it is stuck... forever.

I found out that you're suppose to flash the original stock ROM (unroot it) and start over from there. I never tried it. I just went out and bought a new one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Danaroxy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd December 2013, 03:36 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danaroxy

I found out that you're suppose to flash the original stock ROM (unroot it) and start over from there. I never tried it. I just went out and bought a new one.

I have tried installing stock ROM (from xboxexpert's thread), and it didn't work. Anyways, I am not going to buy a new one. Will try to fix it.
25th December 2013, 08:23 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
Trojan in XESeroRoot.exe
There's a Trojan (Trojanware.win32.renfro dot something) in XESeroRoot.exe. Execution halted by Comodo, removed the file and a registry entry. What's up with that??? The usb driver installed just fine, but there's no ADB debugging selection on my Hisense Sero 7 Pro (and yes, I have developer status).
Found the latest install, rooting and new ROM worked like a charm, thx, dolorespark!!
Last edited by shneor; 26th December 2013 at 02:52 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread