Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,977 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hisense Sero 7 Pro rooting problems

Tip us?

jhienk
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by exs.advocate View Post
Just use vroot app. For zero 7 Lt or pro. It'll install super user and its in Chinese. Just re download super user from Google market and delete the Chinese one after rooting.

sent from my Sero 7 using XDA Premium Tablet app
there are some newer root scripts in the dev thread from delorespark

Danaroxy
Old
(Last edited by Danaroxy; 28th November 2013 at 10:58 PM.) Reason: The font was too big
Thanks Meter 1
Default Hisense sero 7 pro stuck in bootloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard41 View Post
i rooted my hisense sero 7 pro last week an everything went fine. i intalled a diferent font from rom toolbox an when it rebooted it stayed on the startup screen ,
Richard41, I am having the same problem. I root my Hisense Sero 7 Pro a week ago and it worked perfectly. Then a few days ago I downloaded an app from Google play to change the font on my device. It worked just fine but a day or two later, I went in the app to change the font again, but it immediately took me to Google play where I downloaded it and on the top of the screen it said, "This app is not compatible with your device."
I don't understand why it would say that when I already had it installed. So I left that screen and went back to the font app itself. I selected the font I wanted, it asked if I'm sure I want to change the font to the selected one, I confirmed it and then another pop up screen came up in Chinese or Japanese letters. It looked like it was asking the same question but in another language. I choice what I thought would be yes in English since it was in the was in the same place and then another pop up screen came but I don't know what it said because it was in the same Chinese or Japanese letters with a mixture of a few English letters, but still couldn't comprehend the message. So I figured I just needed to reboot it. I rebooted it, and it has been stuck on the "Hisense Smart" boot introductory screen ever since.

dogood1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danaroxy View Post
Richard41, I am having the same problem. I root my Hisense Sero 7 Pro a week ago and it worked perfectly. Then a few days ago I downloaded an app from Google play to change the font on my device. It worked just fine but a day or two later, I went in the app to change the font again, but it immediately took me to Google play where I downloaded it and on the top of the screen it said, "This app is not compatible with your device."
I don't understand why it would say that when I already had it installed. So I left that screen and went back to the font app itself. I selected the font I wanted, it asked if I'm sure I want to change the font to the selected one, I confirmed it and then another pop up screen came up in Chinese or Japanese letters. It looked like it was asking the same question but in another language. I choice what I thought would be yes in English since it was in the was in the same place and then another pop up screen came but I don't know what it said because it was in the same Chinese or Japanese letters with a mixture of a few English letters, but still couldn't comprehend the message. So I figured I just needed to reboot it. I rebooted it, and it has been stuck on the "Hisense Smart" boot introductory screen ever since.
I also rebooted my Sero 7 and ever since I am stuck. I tried to install other ROMs also including the latest 4.4 by randomblame, however it is stuck... forever.

Danaroxy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogood1 View Post
I also rebooted my Sero 7 and ever since I am stuck. I tried to install other ROMs also including the latest 4.4 by randomblame, however it is stuck... forever.
I found out that you're suppose to flash the original stock ROM (unroot it) and start over from there. I never tried it. I just went out and bought a new one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Danaroxy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dogood1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danaroxy View Post
I found out that you're suppose to flash the original stock ROM (unroot it) and start over from there. I never tried it. I just went out and bought a new one.
I have tried installing stock ROM (from xboxexpert's thread), and it didn't work. Anyways, I am not going to buy a new one. Will try to fix it.

shneor
Old
(Last edited by shneor; 26th December 2013 at 02:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Trojan in XESeroRoot.exe

There's a Trojan (Trojanware.win32.renfro dot something) in XESeroRoot.exe. Execution halted by Comodo, removed the file and a registry entry. What's up with that??? The usb driver installed just fine, but there's no ADB debugging selection on my Hisense Sero 7 Pro (and yes, I have developer status).
Found the latest install, rooting and new ROM worked like a charm, thx, dolorespark!!