[Q] Android 1.0 Driver for Windows 8

OP steviecvr

20th July 2013, 12:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 4

81 posts
More
Hi, I am looking to root my HTC One because I have backups which need restored from Titanium Backup.

I am quite familiar with the android rooting process; however, when I go to enter the command "fastboot oem get_identifier token"

I am met with the command "waiting for device".

In my device center I see there is a driver "Android 1.0" that hasn't installed properly. When I uninstall it and try again by connecting my HTC One while in fastboot recovery, it does not install correctly.

I am running Windows 8 and have been searching this forum from yesterday for an answer.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated in advance!

Thank you.
20th July 2013, 12:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag Buxton
Thanks Meter: 1,846

2,802 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviecvr

Hi, I am looking to root my HTC One because I have backups which need restored from Titanium Backup.

I am quite familiar with the android rooting process; however, when I go to enter the command "fastboot oem get_identifier token"

I am met with the command "waiting for device".

In my device center I see there is a driver "Android 1.0" that hasn't installed properly. When I uninstall it and try again by connecting my HTC One while in fastboot recovery, it does not install correctly.

I am running Windows 8 and have been searching this forum from yesterday for an answer.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated in advance!

Thank you.

Sorry to say this but keep searching
Somewhere in the one forums, possibly the dev forum, there is information on getting the drivers to work with Windows 8 as this seems to be a fairly general problem particularly with the 64 bit OS.
I can't tell you where as it's a while since I viewed that thread and can't remember but it is there somewhere.
Good luck!
20th July 2013, 01:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Belfast

81 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider5512

Sorry to say this but keep searching
Somewhere in the one forums, possibly the dev forum, there is information on getting the drivers to work with Windows 8 as this seems to be a fairly general problem particularly with the 64 bit OS.
I can't tell you where as it's a while since I viewed that thread and can't remember but it is there somewhere.
Good luck!

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I'll keep looking, it's such a pain! If there was a way to restore Titanium backup files I would be fine, I only need to restore 3 apps
20th July 2013, 01:14 PM   |  #4  
Flag Buxton

2,802 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I'll keep looking, it's such a pain! If there was a way to restore Titanium backup files I would be fine, I only need to restore 3 apps

Would it not be quicker to install those apps again?
20th July 2013, 01:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Belfast

81 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider5512

Would it not be quicker to install those apps again?

I need to install the app data, not the actual apps.
20th July 2013, 01:20 PM   |  #6  
Flag Buxton

2,802 posts
More
Quote:

I need to install the app data, not the actual apps.

I've just found the thread I mentioned earlier here
It's titled usb3 but there are various links in the post for installing drivers in Win 8.

Hope this sorts it for you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 1.0, drivers, windows 8
Previous Thread Next Thread