[GUIDE] HTC Dual Sim 802w, 802t, 802d S-Off, Recovery, Updates 4.2.2, ROOT, Google

Search This thread

pat011988

Oct 17, 2015
Hi, could you also tell me what I could do just to get German as a language? I unlocked my 802w with HTCDev, then rooted it, accidentally wiped everything and then got it to work again with a stock rom and relocked the device.

I am running on a Mac, so I could not find a way to get S-Off.

Basically my aim is to get an European RUU on this Nordic 802w PN07110 in order to get it to German. Also it should be completely locked at the end again, not only "RELOCKED" (as it is now). I want to bring it to a repair service which should not get any clue that I have touched the OS.

I have been on search since days. I tried to flash different RUUs, OTAs, etc. But either the signature is not verified or other errors occur.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2. 49. 0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: U3. 19. 3509. 04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 7. 17. 402. 5
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HT4BA********
(bootloader) imei: 35****************
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7cdug
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0771000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__032
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3920mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d0e3b226
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Thank you very much for any help!!!

am3yar0ra

Oct 17, 2015
Root Issue

I am not able to understand how do i root my HTC One Dual Sim. I am from india and tried to find everywhere on google and XDA, also found a few guides but i don't understand anything. Can anyone help me Root my HTC One Dual Sim phone please ? :(

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
nothing helping me .. in the middle of OTA operation is stops and show me the RED Mark, I think The Error because of /SYSTEM/Build.prop <--- no such file or directory
how to fix this???

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

and i found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falseclock 
IMPORTANT INFORMATION

if you are unlocked or have S-OFF, but using stock ROM with custom recovery - NEVER DO wipe user data with custom recovery.

otherwise next OTA will always fail.

Starting from Sense 5.5. HTC uses /data partition to store some system files and if you are using stock ROM ALWAYS use Reset Phone (Reset all data on phone) from Settings -> Backup & Reset.

custom recovery just formats /data partition and this is not good for OTA.

I found this on the Maximus HD ROM 53 (for the single SIM m7) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2189373 that suggests restoring the Media 0 connection using this command in a Terminal Editor on the device:

Q. My camera doesn't want to take pictures due to insufficient permissions and I don't see my files, what should I do?
A. Probably you wiped your internal storage with twrp recovery in the past. Install Terminal Emulator program out of Google play. Execute this command
Code:
su
restorecon -FR /data/media/0

Thanks buttie for tip

Last edited:

Mubarak90

Oct 27, 2015
Hi,

I am using HTC one 802w my problem is while receiving or dialling calls I am getting caller location in Chinese letters. Could you please help me to get English language instead of this

Shikaiya

Nov 23, 2014
Rome
Hi guys, someone could help me, please? http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63805353&postcount=1182

I have no idea what I can do to update this phone...Oh the Recovery is in Chinese :(

DSC_0024.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright.

Let me first give an overview of where it all begins. If this is the state you are currently in then this guide is for you. To make this guide, I have benefitted heavily from various threads all across the web. So I decided to put it all at one place. This guide would not have been possible without a very comprehensive thread started by "kiwiandy" in the same forum and many others. Ok, so here it is. Please read below, if any of the situations resemble yours, this guide is for you.

ALL CREDITS OF BELOW FILES GOES TO THEIR OWNERS. I AM MERELY REPLICATING THE INFORMATION WITH A GUIDE AND TWEAKS FOR 802W. IF ANY VIOLATION OF ANY RIGHTS TAKES PLACE, PLEASE PMA ND FILE WILL BE REMOVED.

1. You have purchased HTC Dual SIM from China which is the UNICOM version
    2. You have purchased HTC Dual Sim 802w from the web or any other place and have the chinese phone shipped to you. However you are not sure if its China UNICOM version.
    3. When you go into settings and "About" there is an option of "Software Updates"
    4. When you go into settings and "About" there is NO Software Update option in your 802w HTC dual sim
    5. You want to get rid of Chinese bloatware and are looking for a straightforward Cleaning program that DOES NOT require root.
    6. You want to be able to have custom recovery and flash updates.
    7. You want to or DO NOT want to ROOT your device. (If its not already rooted)
    8. You want the "LOCKED" bootloader and do not want the complications of HTCDEV or "UNLOCKED" or "TAMPERED" bootloader. (Although this guide works for both)
    9. You want English Language and Google Services.

Let me first clear a bit of air with respect to the common terms used in HTC world. One may and may not agree to this. However, as you read through the guide there will be substantial evidence to prove this.

1. S-OFF: This sits at the top. If you are not Root and if you are not having an "UNLOCKED" bootloader you can stil do ANYTHING with your phone including installing custom recovery and installing images and updates. With a S-Off you dont even need custom recovery to install OTA updates via zip files that you have already downloaded. You can update via the android Stock recovery. You dont need to have root access or unlocked bootloader. S-Off is basically security off and allows unsigned zips to be flashed. With a S-OFF you can instal custom recovery like CWM or TWRP even if you are NOT rooted or even if you have a LOCKED bootloader.
    2. Root happens once you have a locked bootloader. You may or may not have S-Off. Most work can be done if you are rooted. So you dont really need S-OFF. However, those who do not wanr "UNLOCKED" or "Tampered" bootloader written on top of their boot screen they should consider s-off rather than root. Root is basically access to system files and not certain partitions of your phone.
    3. UNLOCKED bootloader allows you have root acces. But as we move on, this method will die and the flashign method of Hboot will rise. This guide can eb used by all the people who either have UNLOCKED Bootloader or LOCKED bootloader or Tampered.

Ok, I think that pretty much clears it. I have tried to answer issues that require a lot of searching here. One more basic thing that needs clearing.

1. There are two ways to flash recovery or updates if you are S-OFF. One way is to use the HTC DEV method to unlock bootloader and instal via "adb" and fastboot commands.
    2. The second easier way is to use a "Locked" bootloader but S-OFF and No root method to instal ROMS and custom recovery bia "HBOOT" method.
    3. For HBOOT method you need flashable ZIPS. To instal via fastboot requires IMG files. Benefit of this method is that you can do factory reset from the phone and phone will revert to its factory position. No need for doing ti from clockwork mod.

Now Over to the GUIDE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PHONE. IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ASK. IF YOU AR ENOT SURE AND DO NOT OWN YOUR OWN ACTIONS DONT TRY THIS.

Please read the whole thread. Reading one part wont help. Poeple with already unlocked bootloaders need to Relock bootloader first. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE.

Download the Stock 802w firmware RUU file from the following link http://d-h.st/aj4.

1. This will be a zip format. If you are on Windows, Rename the file as "PN07IMG". If you are on MAC rename the file as "PN07IMG". There is no need to add ".zip" since the downloaded file already has the extension of zip. Save this file in a folder on your PC named "Stock"
    2. However, if after applying the procedure below, you get stuck at "verifying image" or "image not found" please remove the ".zip" exptension from the file. Just rename it. Do not UNZIP.

Download the drivers for your phone. You can google it. Its available easily for download. Even if your phone is recognized by your PC as storage device stil you need to download the drivers for effective adb push if required ever.

Link is : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3372901/HTC_drivers_Win7_x64.zip

1. Unzip to a folder
    2. On your PC goto device manager in the control panel or by right clicking on the my computer icon and selecting properties.
    3. In the device manager, please see if your HTC is listed under android devices. If it is then you dont need drivers.
    4. If however there is an item in the list mentioned UNKNOWN then you need to instal the dirvers provided herewith. These work for both Windows 8 and Windows 7.
    5. These drivers have to be added in manually by selecting location of driver and browsing to that folder.

Once the drivers are installed. Proceed to the next step.

Download the 4.2.2 update to any folder of your PC. Link to Official 4.2.2 OTA update is

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3372901/update.zip

1. Save this file and do not rename it.
    2. Next proceed to download the "ZIP" version of CWM clockwork mod recovery for 802w. This is a special file and has to be like that. Special since it is custom to every version of HTC one. This is for HTC 802w.
    3. Usual CWM recovery files are in IMG format. This one is in ZIP since we are bootloader locked. And we want to keep the botloader lcoked and stil flash recovery via HBOOT.
    4. CWM recovery download page has an IMG for HTC ONE. This DOES NOT work with 802w Dual Sim. You have to use my version below.
    5. For 802 t and 802 d, I can upload another version of CWM but for that Please download a small file called "CID" for google play store.
    6. Run CID on your HTC One phone. and a list of values will appear. Carefullt jot down "cidnum" "mainversion" "bootloader" and "firmware" numbers. Please note this is the method you must use. I found out that using adb command to get all variants gives incorrect values.

My Zip version of CWM is:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3372901/PN07IMG.zip

Please save this file in a different location form the previous stock RUU file you downloaded in the beginning of this thread. They both have same names. Hence store this file in a folder on your PC called "cwm". If you need recovery for 802t 802d please mention the values stated above and i can tweak the recovery file to work that way.

TWRP recovery for 802w I stil do not have. if any one has it I fill be willing to make a ZIP version.

Alright, Now off to flashing. Follow these steps CAREFULLY. Every word has a consequence. Please follow it as is. This works for all LOCKED AND UNLOCKED bootloaders with or without root. For LOCKED bootloaders you need to be s-off. Now first we got to know if you are S-off or not. To check this,

1. Restart your phone. Shut down doesnot work sometimes due to fastboot. SO restart your phone.
    2. When your screen goes blank during the restart, immediately press the VOL DOWN KEY and the Power KEY simultaneously and keep them pressed down. Until the phone goes int a white colous Boot screen with text.
    3. ON the top of the screen will be written : LOCKED or UNLOCKED or TAMPERED. and after that in the next line will be either "S-off" or "S-on"
    4. If you are S-on you need to unlock your device via htc dev and there are tons of threads on it. So unlock your phone and then follow this guide below.
    5. However, if you are S-off you dont need to do anything except follow the guide.

Now the flashing part.

1. Format your sd card from your phone. Thats the best way to avoid file errors. Just format it within the phone. The command should be in settings under storage.
    2. Once the sd card is formatted, connect your phone to PC. Make sure USB debugging is on.
    3. Copy the PN07IMG.zip file (size approx 870MB) that you downloaded in the folder named "stock" and paste it on the sd card. Do not create any folder on the SD card. Just copy the file to the root of the sd card.
    4. Make sure the file you copied is on the root of sd card. Root fo sd card means when you open the card from your PC the file is right there and not inside any folder.
    5. Also make sure that you copy the file and paste it to your sd card and you DO NOT "send the file to" sd card. Sending the file just creates shortcut and not the original file.
    6. Recheck that the file name is "PN07IMG"
    7. if all is good, then unplug your phone from your pc and reboot.
    8. When you see the blank screen during restart press the VOL DOWN key and the power key simultaneously and keep pressing till the whote screen with text shows up.
    9. Your phone will automatically start searchign for file named "PN07IMG" and will find it and start loading it. Stay calm and let it do what it wants.
    10. If however, the screen shows an error like "IMG file not found" or file misisng and takes you back to the white screen with text on it and options like "Fastboot" and "recovery" etc… that means the file name is incorrect. Remember the file we need is PN07IMG in a zipped format.
    11. A simple check for this is that the file should be zipped but there should be no ".zip" in the name. If thats the case you are good. But if you see the file zipped and also with a ".zip" in the name that means its named incorrectly. Correct file is "PN07IMG" and it should be zipped.
    12. Do not zip the file yourself. The file in the link i provided is already zipped. Just rename it.
    13. If however, your phone system detects the file and starts uploading it and later gives an error while verifying that means the file you downloaded is corrupt. Re download the file.
    14. If however, all goes well, the system will autoflash your phone with the STOCK RUU file of 802w from China Unicom.
    15. System will reboot. and then reboot again. and then finally you will see the welcome screen of HTC
    16. You will be greeted in a chinese language. Just click on the sceen at the language and you can choose english US.
    17. You can skip the settings and accounts and simply skip through to the homescreen of the phone.
    18. Go into Apps. There is a app called "File Manager". run it
    19. GOTO your esternal sd card from the phone and delete the PN07IMG file there. We dont need it any more.
    20. Conenct your phoen via wifi or 3g. There is an app called htc marketplace in your appdrawer.
    21. Run it. Swipe on the first two pages and you come to the main screen of the app.
    22. in the search box above type "GMS" and click search
    23. The apps listing will show "GMS" app and some words in chinese. click on that to download.
    24. Let the download finish. Once the download finishes. Do NOT CLICK ON THE APP.
    25. Remove you external sd card from the phone. Just remove it.
    26. Now RUN the downloaded GMS app. Its in your app drawer.
    27. Click ok in the dialogue that appears. OK is the right button option.
    28. A file will start downloading. It will be of 150 MB approx. Let it download. Dont use the phone this time.
    29. Once the file is downloaded click on it and you will be presented with the Dialer in the HTC phone. There is a code writen on the screen somethign like *#42*…… . Type the whole code as is int he phone and VOILA the phone will restart. If it doesnot, you typed the code incorrectly.
    30. Phone will restart and again restart and then the phone boots into the normal mode but this time you have the Google Play store and all google accounts available wiht you.
    31. Now put back the external sd card in your phone.
    32. Connect yoiur phone to PC. Copy the file downloaded above called "update.zip" onto the root of the folder. Remember sd card should have no folder. THe file update has to be on the main root of the sd card.
    33. Reboot your system and again hold the VOL down and Power key. Release the keys when the phone boots into whote screen with text.
    34. The phone will try to search for an image which it will not find. Now it will present you with a menu stating " FastBoot" and "recovery" and few other options.
    35. Select Recovery. Do this by pressing the VOL Down key once. and then to select press "Power key". dont press both keys together.
    36. Your phoen will now boot into somehting with a red or grene triangle with exclamation mark or sync mark.
    37. Carefully, press the VOL UP key and while pressing it press the Power key and release both.
    38. The phone will now show options and one of them is "Instal zip from sd card"
    39. If no options are shown, repeat the VOL UP and power key thing again.
    40. Choose instal zip from sd card and choose the "update" file you copied to root of sd card.
    41. The system will verify the image. If verification fails, the file downloaded was not correct or the name is not correct. If all goes well, the system will reboot twice and then you are back into your homescreen. Only this time you have the 4.2.2 update Stock.
    42. Stil do not setup your phone. Reconnect it to your PC.
    43. Copy the "PN07IMG" file that you downloaded in the folder named "cwm" on your pc to the root of your sd card. Please make sure the file is copied as is to the root of the sd card.
    44. Reboot your phone and as always hold VOL down and POWER key. until you see the white screen.
    45. Your phoen will autodetect the file and start flashing it. This the CWM recovery file.
    46. System will reboot. and you will come back to your homescreen.
    47. Download the "ROMCLEANER" file. Link is at the end of this post. All credits goto the team of ROM CLeaner. However, the 802w text file has been edited by me to make sure that HTC works and only the chinese bloatware is removed. The file is edited so that common problems like Smart dial not working after romcleaner flash do not occur.
    48. Copy the ROMCLeaner zip file to the root of your sd card again. Also delete the PN07IMG file form your sd card. This is important.
    49. Reboot. and again hold down the VOL DOWN and POWER key until you go into the white screen.
    50. Now choose "Recovery" option by pressing VOl down and then selecting wiht power key.
    51. You are now into Clockwork recovery. LOCKED BOOTLOADER NOT ROOTED. and stil in cwm recovery.!!!
    52. choose flash zip from "external sd card" option and select the ROMCleaner zip file.
    53. Just keep pressing next, or if touchscreen not working, use vol up key select and power key to choose NEXT. However, make sure in one of the options you choose "Sense"
    54. In the last dialogue it asks for ROMCLEANER.. its the second option. Choose it.
    55. Finish the task and your job is done. Chinese bloatware removed. Reboot phone.
    56. You are now into your homescreen.

Setup your phone. If need be back it up with nandroid using your CWM recovery partition.

For those who have unlocked bootloaders and rooted. You may need to RELOCK your Bootloader before the flashing of the STOCK RUU ROM. Instructions to relock are easily available via google.

Cheers.

Link of customized ROMCleaner for 802w : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3372901/ROM_Cleaner_v1.6_CWM.zip
    [Guide] S-Off HTC One 802w (China Unicom) - HBOOT 2.23 with Moonshine

I see a lot of folks asking how to do a S-off on 802w model, it was painful to go through several posts and figure out the right way to do it. The biggest issue I faced was - I ordered HTC one dual sim from merimobiles(via Amazon) and I received the 802w model which was already unlocked, rooted and with CWM recovery installed, I had no idea what was done to achieve that and trying S-off on this one was way too risky with moonshine as most probably it could have bricked the device. And all the posts talk about HBBOT version greater than 1.54 etc which does not apply to this device.

So before I provide the steps for this guide, please note that following was the bootloader info from the original phone i received:

*** TAMPERED ***
    *** UNLOCKED ***
    M7CDUG PVT SHIP S-ON RH
    HBOOT-2.23.0000
    RADIO-U3.08.3507.26
    OpenDSP-v28.120.274.0328
    QSC-1237.18.19.0528
    OS-1.12.1402.2
    eMMC-BOOT 2048MB
    May 29 2013, 13:06:19.0

Now follow the steps carefully or you could end up with a very expensive brick! Note I am assuming that you have some knowledge and experience in rooting android phones, using ADB, fastboot etc, and you have the usb drivers installed, as well as set up your phone to allow USB debugging etc.

1. You need to go back to the Stock 802w firmware (you can find it here under section 3), the file name is -

PN07IMG_M7C_DUG_JB_50_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.12.1402.1_Radio_1237.17.18.0423_release_318980.zip

- please make sure you use this to go back to stock as this is the only rom moonshine have working files. To go back to stock after you downloaded the file, you need to follow these sub steps:

a. Lock the device - [fastboot oem lock]

- please note that your device will be unusable after this point until you complete the next steps as you are on a custom ROM and you will receive a security warning and will not be able to boot to android rom.

b. Now run the following commands in sequence:
    [fastboot erase cache]
    [fastboot oem rebootRUU]
    [fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7C_DUG_JB_50_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.12.1402.1_Radio_1237.17.18.0423_release_318980.zip]

You will get this error "FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)" and you will need to run "ONLY" the following command again:

[fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7C_DUG_JB_50_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.12.1402.1_Radio_1237.17.18.0423_release_318980.zip]

c. Once you see "success" run [fastboot reboot]
    d. You should now will be back to the Stock Rom!

2. Now you need to unlock the device again using HTCDEV guide.

3. Finally download the HTC One (m7c_dug) 1.12.1402.1 moonshine_m7c_dug_1.12.1402.1.zip – 20.2 MB file from moonshine and follow their guide, you will be S-off!
    I had the same issue

There is no problem in update.zip file
    Go to about check for update and install the update then repeats the step to install update.zip

Sent from my HTC 802w using xda premium
    Hi,
    Just want to know is there any HTC One Duel Sim with 4G network.

Please check here.

no, wrong info
    Hi,

I tried to download the RUU files from the below post. After downloading, I extracted the files using winrar, but it shows the files got corrupted (Please refer the attachments). please upload the files again.

RUU - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43177948&postcount=369

Thanks.

They should not be extracted, but flashed as they are .zip

Sendt fra min HTC One dual sim med Tapatalk