I am the developer behind Magic Unlock
First of all, this app allows you to unlock your phone (after the screen is on) using a hover gesture.
- Lockscreen security needs to be off
- Lockscreen needs to be active
- Works only after the screen is on
- 'On' button means that the app is working
- Uses proximity sensor for hover detection
- Android service with listening on ACTION_SCREEN_ON/OFF intents
- Proximity sensor reading only when screen is on (battery saving)
- And an adaptive service
Adaptive service settings
- Low priority - app running in background (might be laggy on some devices)
- Medium priority (adaptive) - running in background when enough memory is available / running in foreground (visible notification) when low memory is detected - [recommended setting]
- High priority - always run in foreground (visible notification) - [best responsiveness]
Thank you all very much!