Thank you for the detailed answer!
1. I'm still not sure about odexed and deodexed. Is there something special for the N10 I loose unless I have deodexed? I understand that generally speaking, some themes require that.
2. In addition, is it safe to change from odexed to deodexed without wiping data?
3. And last: what is the difference between the 4.2.2 bootloader and the 4.3 bootloader? first post mentions it's not necessary to update, but I still wonder.
To answer your questions:
1. Technically speaking for deodexed you loose the odex class optimizations that are part of Android but this is very minor performance loss is negated by the fact that most ROM's are zipaligned allowing you to have the best of both worlds when it comes to odex and deodex. And yes, you are correct most themes require you to be deodexed, this guide on Odex vs. Deodex is worth taking a look at for a detailed explanation on Odex vs. Deodex and zipalignment.
2. While you could dirty flash like PaintDrinkingPete, it's best to do a full wipe when installing a new ROM no matter how minor the changes are (It prevents headaches and problems that can arise latter sometimes).
3. As far as differences between the 4.2.2 bootloader and 4.3 bootloader the differences are very likely under the hood and in the assembly code that makes up the bootloader, likely minor differences from the 4.2.2 bootloader.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|