Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnatic View Post
Any fix for this?
In titanium go to,

Preferences - backup location
use the detect option and select - storage/emulated/legacy/titaniumbackup

If you started a previous backup that has failed you will need to force stop TB and re-launch it before this will work.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkfish_lad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yka
Old
(Last edited by yka; 25th July 2013 at 11:40 AM.) Reason: <-slow
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnatic View Post
i stil cant restore titanium backups
In TiBu change the location of your backup directory->
menu/go to preferences/backup settings/backup folder location
its going to say /storage/emulated/0/TitaniumBackup
hit back arrow at bottom until it reads just /storage/emulated
select legacy/TitaniumBackup
HTC One

Nexus 7

Nexus 10
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lvnatic
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by yka View Post
In TiBu change the location of your backup directory->
menu/go to preferences/backup settings/backup folder location
its going to say /storage/emulated/0/TitaniumBackup
hit back arrow at bottom until it reads just /storage/emulated
select legacy/TitaniumBackup
Thank you!!!
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 white

Old devices:

Nexus 10
Nexus S
HTC Desire

Animor
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Hi,

I have now: unlocked bootloader, root, odexed 4.2.2 and TWRP recovery.
Do you recommend me to flash odexed or deodexed version? I prefer not to wipe data and not to loose my root.

Another question: "insecure boot" is the same as "unlocked bootloader"?

Thanks

PaintDrinkingPete
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animor View Post
Hi,

I have now: unlocked bootloader, root, odexed 4.2.2 and TWRP recovery.
Do you recommend me to flash odexed or deodexed version? I prefer not to wipe data and not to loose my root.

Thanks
I had the exact same setup as you (unlocked bootloader, root, odexed 4.2.2 and TWRP recovery), and I just dirty flashed the deodexed version -- after wiping cache and dalvik of course -- and everything worked fine...no lost root, no other issues as far as I could tell. Odex version should work fine as well, I don't think that matters, use personal preference.

One thing I will note is that upon first boot it took a few minutes for everything to "settle"...I suggest just letting the tablet sit for a good 5 minutes after booting the first time before passing the lock screen and trying to use.

Sorry I can't answer the second part of your question.
The Following User Says Thank You to PaintDrinkingPete For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Animor
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Thank you!

- Why did you change from odexed to deodexed? Do you have anything specific that didn't work on the odexed version?

- Are you sure that moving from odexed to deodexed doesn't require wipe data? I mean, the application file structure changes, isn't it?

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1320

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Insecure boot and unlocked bootloader do not refer to the same thing.

Insecure boot refers to the fact that a elevated permission root shell and root access is available by default for example for an insecure boot image when you start adb shell you will automatically see a root shell prompt of (You will also have acess to the ADB re-mount command which re-mounts the system r/w):

Code:
#
Where as on a secure boot image when you start adb shell you will automatically see a regular shell (And you will not have acess to the ADB re-mount command):

Code:
$
On a secure boot image you gain root access by rooting the device (Installing the su binary and some form of a Superuser app) and then you can obtain a root shell by either typing the following in either terminal or adb shell:

Code:
$ su
Which results in the familiar elevated privilege root shell:

Code:
#
An unlocked bootloader refers to the fact that you can modify any partition on the device without having to flash an officially signed firmware image. Let me know if you still have questions hopefully this clears things up for you .
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Animor
Old
(Last edited by Animor; 25th July 2013 at 02:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Thank you for the detailed answer!

1. I'm still not sure about odexed and deodexed. Is there something special for the N10 I loose unless I have deodexed? I understand that generally speaking, some themes require that.
2. In addition, is it safe to change from odexed to deodexed without wiping data?
3. And last: what is the difference between the 4.2.2 bootloader and the 4.3 bootloader? first post mentions it's not necessary to update, but I still wonder.

Thanks!

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1320

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thank you for the detailed answer!

1. I'm still not sure about odexed and deodexed. Is there something special for the N10 I loose unless I have deodexed? I understand that generally speaking, some themes require that.
2. In addition, is it safe to change from odexed to deodexed without wiping data?
3. And last: what is the difference between the 4.2.2 bootloader and the 4.3 bootloader? first post mentions it's not necessary to update, but I still wonder.

Thanks!
To answer your questions:

1. Technically speaking for deodexed you loose the odex class optimizations that are part of Android but this is very minor performance loss is negated by the fact that most ROM's are zipaligned allowing you to have the best of both worlds when it comes to odex and deodex. And yes, you are correct most themes require you to be deodexed, this guide on Odex vs. Deodex is worth taking a look at for a detailed explanation on Odex vs. Deodex and zipalignment.
2. While you could dirty flash like PaintDrinkingPete, it's best to do a full wipe when installing a new ROM no matter how minor the changes are (It prevents headaches and problems that can arise latter sometimes).
3. As far as differences between the 4.2.2 bootloader and 4.3 bootloader the differences are very likely under the hood and in the assembly code that makes up the bootloader, likely minor differences from the 4.2.2 bootloader.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]