[ROM][7/25] Stock Android 4.3 for Nexus 7 (3G) / No Root / Flashable ZIP

Search This thread

morpheo1321

Jan 30, 2008
Can i install without new bootloader and new radio?And if i can,what is the disadvantage?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Never mind,i installed the bootloader and radio and it's ok.I was kind of scarred because of the guys complaining that they were stuck on google logo after flashing the radio,but it all went perfectly smooth,Thank God.

Last edited:

FRiC_xda

Jun 29, 2010
I dirty flashed from CM10.1 nightly and it worked perfectly fine, didn't need to restore apps or anything. The only problem was FC on Clock, but a simple clear data on Clock worked.

Not sure if it's my imagination, but 4.3 feels a lot faster than CM10.1. With CM10.1 I often need to pull up the apps list and clear them, otherwise loading slows down and things start lagging. Stock doesn't have to clear apps button, so at first I was swiping apps one by one to clear them, but I got lazy and left them as is, and I noticed didn't lag like it used to.

Gabrieltan

Jun 20, 2012
Can i install without new bootloader and new radio?And if i can,what is the disadvantage?

Never mind,i installed the bootloader and radio and it's ok.I was kind of scarred because of the guys complaining that they were stuck on google logo after flashing the radio,but it all went perfectly smooth,Thank God.

yes, you cant. without flash radio ,you just cant use your data..

zard

Jul 19, 2005
FYI, I had initially flashed 4.3 builds without flashing 4.3 bootloader and radio, and the ROMs were working fine. My bootloader and radio were 4.2. Anyway, I had moved on to 4.3 bootloader and radio.

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

adrain

Aug 28, 2007
Nice
How about the battery drain? Do you have issue on this rom? Because im on stock 4.3 but battry drain

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

globula_neagra

Jun 28, 2009
Birmingham
How about the battery drain? Do you have issue on this rom? Because im on stock 4.3 but battry drain

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Is there any flashable radio via recovery ?

I get this when i want to flash the radio
C:\ADB\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash radio C:\Users\Glob\AppData\Local\Temp\
Rar$DRa0.501\nakasig-jwr66v\radio-tilapia-1231_0.18.0_0409.img
sending 'radio' (16384 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.997s]
writing 'radio'...
FAILED (remote: (BadParameter))
finished. total time: 2.014s

Can i do it via recovery ?
Or adb ? (i don`t know which partition is to sideload it)

gwong76

Feb 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All, I flashed this ROM and updated to build JWR66V but now I have received an OTA update which I think is supposed to be build JWR66Y, But I can't take the OTA, can help to advise on how do I update to build JWR66Y? Do any one have a flashable zip for JWR66Y? Thank you.

Last edited:

bigsee

Jul 12, 2006
Sopron
FYI, I had initially flashed 4.3 builds without flashing 4.3 bootloader and radio, and the ROMs were working fine. My bootloader and radio were 4.2. Anyway, I had moved on to 4.3 bootloader and radio.

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Mine too! How did you do just installed BL and radio?

Others: if I flash only radio must I go into recovery to finish the flash process? Anyway I get a Bad Parameter message...

boudi_hakerz

Jul 10, 2010
files nexus 7

No, why it should get lost?

The process i did was:
1) Boot at bootloader ([POWER]+[VOL-])
2) fastboot flash bootloader <bootloader.img>
3) fastboot flash radio <radio.img>
4) Start recovery (TWRP)
5) Flash stock-4.3 zip
6) Flash SuperSU zip

That's all. Neither recovery, nor userdata were touched through this process. The only affected partitions are bootloader, radio, system, boot and data.
bro plzz i need your help i need all this files
<bootloader.img>
<radio.img>
recovery (TWRP)

thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a flashable ZIP, containing the latest kernel and build of Android 4.3 by Google. It is made for the Google Nexus 7 3G, and is flashable through TWRP. I did not test it since I don't have a 3G model of the Nexus 7.

Download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!xskHxaRb!ZP3kYCk66VinJc70TswVBSAv8yZ3QoKKgUCtzVe66lY

Odexed, and no superuser management tool. Chainfire released an experimental version supporting Android 4.3 on his Google+. so I'll add that to the OP later.

Enjoy!
    so your point is flash the rom then direct flash the zip?? because if boot then flash the zip definitely TWRP will lose. Am i right?
    No, why it should get lost?

The process i did was:
    1) Boot at bootloader ([POWER]+[VOL-])
    2) fastboot flash bootloader <bootloader.img>
    3) fastboot flash radio <radio.img>
    4) Start recovery (TWRP)
    5) Flash stock-4.3 zip
    6) Flash SuperSU zip

That's all. Neither recovery, nor userdata were touched through this process. The only affected partitions are bootloader, radio, system, boot and data.
    In regards to the radio, the Nexus 7 works a little differently from the other Nexus devices. When you flash the radio using fast boot, it's basically just an archive that does not automatically get installed. The only way to get that radio installed is to flash the stock recovery, boot into it once, and then it will unpack and install the new radio properly. Otherwise you will remain on the old radio whenever you look in settings. Once the new radio is installed, you may reflash a custom recovery of your choice again.