This thread is no longer being updated, please continue ota discussions here: [NEW][REF] Nexus 7 (2013) Stock OTA URLs
This is the information thread for all known OTA's for the 2013 N7 (deb/flo)
How to flash:
- Stock recovery
- Unmodified /system
- Unlocked bootloader (See below)
- Basic understanding of command line/shell (to unlock bootloader)
- Unlock your bootloader
- Download and set up adb and fastboot
- Reboot into fastboot mode (Power and volume down while off)
- Open up a command prompt/shell where you saved fastboot
- enter into command prompt/shell: "fastboot oem unlock"
- Enter recovery mode via onscreen buttons
- Enable recovery ui
- Hold down power and then press volume up until ui appears
- Set up adb
- Select apply update from adb
- enter into command prompt: "adb sideload <path to saved update.zip>
- How to find the ota?
- If you're rooted, wait for the device to prompt you to update, then check /cache for the file
- If you're not rooted, wait until the same time and do an adb logcat and look for a line with .zip in it
- Why isn't the latest ota listed?
- We can only list what we have, if the ota from Build X to Build Y isn't listed, we dont have the file for it yet.
- How do you setup adb/fastboot
- Please read the stickies in the general subforum, this is not a formal guide
- Do I need to unlock the bootloader to flash the update zip?
- Yes, if you wish to do it manually.
If you allow android to prompt for the update, you do not need to unlock
- Yes, if you wish to do it manually.
- Are the LTE and wifi roms compatable?
- No, if you attempt to flash the wrong rom, it will either fail or possibly damage your device
- Can I flash this if I have a custom rom?
- No, you must be on a stock AND unmodified rom
- Can I flash this if I'm rooted?
- Only if you have not modified any files
- oldblue910 for finding KOT49H → KVT49L
- Bob Smith42 for finding JWR66N/dev-keys → JWR66N filename
- VivaErBetis for finding JWR66N/dev-keys → JWR66N
- roy827 for finding JSS15Q → JSS15R for razor
- scoof2 for finding JLS36I → KRT16S for razorg
- ethanfirst for finding many otas
- derlachendehans for finding KRT16S → KOT49E for razorg
- ebug for finding KRT16S → KOT49E for razor
- eider96 for finding KOT49E → KOT49H for razor
- oyoy for finding KRT16S → KOT49H for razorg
- souvenir1977 for finding JSS15R → KOT49H for razor
- Tang034 for finding KTU84L → KTU84P for razor
- ExDis for finding KVT49L → KTU84L for razorg
- McChen147 for finding KTU84P → LRX21P for razor
- ethanmars for finding LRX21P → LRX22C for razor
- Feb 5, 2014: Added KTU84L → LRX22G for razorg
- Feb 2, 2014: Added KTU84P → LRX22G for razorg
- Jan 28, 2014: Added LRX22G
- Dec 3, 2014: Added LRX21P → LRX22C for razor
- Nov 13, 2014: Added KRX21P for razor
- Oct 24, 2014: Added KTU84P for razorg
- Sep 11, 2014: Changed Page Layout to match my other pages
- Jul 26, 2014: Added KTU84L for razorg
- Jun 23, 2014: Added KTU84P for razor
- Jun 3, 2014: Added KTU84L for razor
- Feb 2, 2014: Added KVT49L for razorg
- Dec 11, 2013: Added remaining KOT49H for razor/razorg
- Dec 10, 2013: Added More KOT49H for razor/razorg
- Dec 6, 2013: Added KOT49H for razor/razorg
- Dec 6, 2013: Added KRT16S → KOT49E for razor
- Dec 5, 2013: Added KRT16S → KOT49E for razorg
- Nov 26, 2013: Added JWR66N/JSS15Q → KRT16S for razor
- Nov 25, 2013: Added JSS15J → KRT16S for razorg
- Nov 24, 2013: Added JSS15J → KRT16S for razor
- Nov 22, 2013: Added JLS36C → KRT16S for razorg
- Nov 21, 2013: Added JLS36I → KRT16S for razorg, JSS15 -> KRT16S for razor
- Nov 19, 2013: Added KRT16O → KRT16S for razor
- Nov 13, 2013: Added JSS15R → KRT16O for razor
- Oct 3, 2013: Added JLS36I for razorg
- Oct 3, 2013: Added JSS15J → JSS15R for razor
- Sep 26, 2013: Added JWR66N → JSS15R for razor
- Sep 17, 2013: Added JSS15Q → JSS15R for razor
- Sep 9, 2013: Added JLS36C for razorg
- Aug 23, 2013: Added JWR66N/JSS15J → JSS15Q for razor
- Aug 8, 2013: Added JSR78D → JSS15J for razorg
- Jul 26, 2013: Initial page