[Discussion]Dead pixels, dust under screen..

OP jayochs

27th July 2013, 03:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 2,762

8,156 posts
More
where's the quality control, Asus? I picked mine up today... had a big old dead black pixel right in the middle of the screen... being as anal as I am about small things, I returned it.. got another... dust under the screen! I notice this one damn piece but I can't tell if it's dust or yet another bad dead pixel. kind of ridiculous but I'm not going to keep swapping these out. I'll live with it.. but still. whatever happened to quality control!? all new devices have such a higher rate of getting dead pixels or screen defects, it's ridiculous.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
27th July 2013, 03:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 73

89 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs

where's the quality control, Asus? I picked mine up today... had a big old dead black pixel right in the middle of the screen... being as anal as I am about small things, I returned it.. got another... dust under the screen! I notice this one damn piece but I can't tell if it's dust or yet another bad dead pixel. kind of ridiculous but I'm not going to keep swapping these out. I'll live with it.. but still. whatever happened to quality control!? all new devices have such a higher rate of getting dead pixels or screen defects, it's ridiculous.

first one i got today had dust under it and i returned it and now all is well..... beside i bricked mine, hahahhah
The Following User Says Thank You to jporter396 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2013, 03:30 AM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 402

1,451 posts
More
Sorry to hear that. But if I were you I'd exchange the 2nd one as well or just get a refund in full.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
27th July 2013, 03:42 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 2,762

8,156 posts
More
I'm not gonna exchange because the next one could be worse. I'm not dealing with this again lol

27th July 2013, 06:15 AM   |  #5  
The Bastion
Thanks Meter: 5

93 posts
More
First one had a stuck green pixel that was immediately noticeable on the "Google" boot screen. The replacement has a thin line of light bleeding along the top. It's not totally awful, but I'm wondering if other units share it. I researched it a bit and the bleeding on mine isn't as bad as it could be.
27th July 2013, 06:44 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 14

166 posts
Whining about 2 bad units. 10 of us got our tablets and perfect screen, 9 with 0 light bleeding. Mine has a small line on the left side which is barely noticeable.

If you get bad manufacturer units, use the warranty. Is there for a reason.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
27th July 2013, 07:17 AM   |  #7  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 912

3,121 posts
More
Hmm..for once I got a perfect device. I got used to backlight bleed. You should see my zenbook prime...that's a mess.

27th July 2013, 07:35 AM   |  #8  
Flag River Falls, WI
Thanks Meter: 57

166 posts
More
Thumbs up
Had to exchange one at Best Buy today. (The floor manager walked back to the back where they were still in the process of emptying the truck to get me a new one!) There was a line about 50 pixels long about a half inch above the navigation bar that looked okay until i started swiping through the play store. The pixels seemed to be mirroring certain colors, it was strange. Anyways the exchange was effortless and my new unit is flawless!

TL;DR... Very glad I decided to go with Best Buy for my purchase.
27th July 2013, 09:20 AM   |  #9  
Flag Sacramento, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
More
I haven't noticed anything odd so far with mine. No pixel issues or backlight bleeding that I can tell. Only thing going on is the JSS15J update issue. Mine came from a Best Buy that seems to have had it in the stockroom for at least a day. The closest one was still unloading their truck and didn't know if/when they would be there.
27th July 2013, 12:09 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 142

744 posts
I noticed three spots on my screen that looked like dust or deal pixels under the screen. Hard to tell which, because of you can notice the black spec then it's a lot more then a single pixel that's dead due to the high dpi. I exchanged mine and so far I haven't noticed it again

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The Following User Says Thank You to Vanhoud For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread