FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Samsung QI Wireless Charger for $24.99 w/ PROMO CODE!!!!

179 posts
Thanks Meter: 57

By Esteef, Senior Member on 27th July 2013, 02:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Samsung has a promo code for 50% off certain accessories. Their QI compatible wireless charger is one of them!

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/ce...EP-P100IJWUSTA

You must sign up for a samsung account on their website and use the Promo Code: rv18623

The price went from 49.99 to 24.99 !!!

I don't know how long this will last but might as well take advantage before it's gone!!!

****COUPON CAN ONLY BE USED ONCE PER ACCOUNT SO PURCHASE WISELY

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by Esteef; 27th July 2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: adding pic
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Esteef For This Useful Post: [ View ]

27th July 2013, 03:00 PM |#2  
Flag River Falls, WI

More
Thank you!!! In for one. Slick deal for sure! Shipping is 4 bucks or free if you buy more than $49.99.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
27th July 2013, 03:16 PM |#3  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 412

Donate to Me
More
Awesome deal! Thanks for the info.
27th July 2013, 03:28 PM |#4  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Sweet! Just ordered one. Thanks for the heads up!
27th July 2013, 03:45 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Just a heads up for those that don't read the description, This is just the pad, you have to use a USB charger to power it, and it's designed for a 2 A charger. The stock nexus one may not work.

Quote:

Requires 2Amp charger to function, sold separately.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to potatoboyjs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2013, 04:03 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thumbs up
thanks just ordered one, to bad i don't get my new nexus 7 till august 2nd(hopefully).
27th July 2013, 04:08 PM |#7  
Flag Florida

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoboyjs

Just a heads up for those that don't read the description, This is just the pad, you have to use a USB charger to power it, and it's designed for a 2 A charger. The stock nexus one may not work.

I see that the N72 charger is only 1.35a. I thought that the N71 charger was 2a, but I could be mistaken and am too lazy to run upstairs and check.

Either way, I'm sure I have some 2a USB charger lying around the house somewhere, or could get one for a few bucks on Amazon. I'm not sure if that's just a suggestion or is actually required. I think it comes down to how much energy your device can draw. I imagine that, unlike a directly plugged in device, using wireless chargers will result in a slower charge cycle as a larger amount of the energy is lost, so it probably needs to be greater than what it normally uses. I know that, in general, you can use a higher mA output than what is required, as the device will only draw what it can/needs, but not sure about how wireless works in this regard.
27th July 2013, 04:43 PM |#8  
Flag River Falls, WI

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoboyjs

Shoot! I missed that! If anyone finds the needed charger on Amazon please share.

27th July 2013, 04:46 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I've followed a few reviews on this one since I have the S4 and was considering picking up the whole kit. The ones that mentioned trying another charger stated it didn't work. Wireless charging does work a bit differently since you lose some energy transferring the power to the induction coil.

I don't have time to source the reviews right now, but that might point you in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonic

I see that the N72 charger is only 1.35a. I thought that the N71 charger was 2a, but I could be mistaken and am too lazy to run upstairs and check.

Either way, I'm sure I have some 2a USB charger lying around the house somewhere, or could get one for a few bucks on Amazon. I'm not sure if that's just a suggestion or is actually required. I think it comes down to how much energy your device can draw. I imagine that, unlike a directly plugged in device, using wireless chargers will result in a slower charge cycle as a larger amount of the energy is lost, so it probably needs to be greater than what it normally uses. I know that, in general, you can use a higher mA output than what is required, as the device will only draw what it can/needs, but not sure about how wireless works in this regard.

27th July 2013, 04:47 PM |#10  
Flag Florida

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWRF

Shoot! I missed that! If anyone finds the needed charger on Amazon please share.

Any 2000ma/2A charger should work.

Like this:
http://www.amazon.com/EasyAcc-Univer...ma+usb+charger
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phonic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2013, 05:29 PM |#11  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonic

Any 2000ma/2A charger should work.

Like this:
http://www.amazon.com/EasyAcc-Univer...ma+usb+charger

Thanks for the link. Probably gonna pick this up, as I checked all my USB chargers and none are above 1.3A

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung, wireless charger
Previous Thread Next Thread