FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Samsung QI Wireless Charger for $24.99 w/ PROMO CODE!!!!

179 posts
Thanks Meter: 57
 
By Esteef, Senior Member on 27th July 2013, 02:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Samsung has a promo code for 50% off certain accessories. Their QI compatible wireless charger is one of them!

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/ce...EP-P100IJWUSTA

You must sign up for a samsung account on their website and use the Promo Code: rv18623

The price went from 49.99 to 24.99 !!!

I don't know how long this will last but might as well take advantage before it's gone!!!

****COUPON CAN ONLY BE USED ONCE PER ACCOUNT SO PURCHASE WISELY

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by Esteef; 27th July 2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: adding pic
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Esteef For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
27th July 2013, 03:00 PM |#2  
UWRF's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag River Falls, WI
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Thank you!!! In for one. Slick deal for sure! Shipping is 4 bucks or free if you buy more than $49.99.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
27th July 2013, 03:16 PM |#3  
phonic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 412
 
Donate to Me
More
Awesome deal! Thanks for the info.
27th July 2013, 03:28 PM |#4  
Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Sweet! Just ordered one. Thanks for the heads up!
27th July 2013, 03:45 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Just a heads up for those that don't read the description, This is just the pad, you have to use a USB charger to power it, and it's designed for a 2 A charger. The stock nexus one may not work.

Quote:

Requires 2Amp charger to function, sold separately.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to potatoboyjs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2013, 04:03 PM |#6  
TheNeck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Thumbs up
thanks just ordered one, to bad i don't get my new nexus 7 till august 2nd(hopefully).
27th July 2013, 04:08 PM |#7  
phonic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 412
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoboyjs

Just a heads up for those that don't read the description, This is just the pad, you have to use a USB charger to power it, and it's designed for a 2 A charger. The stock nexus one may not work.

I see that the N72 charger is only 1.35a. I thought that the N71 charger was 2a, but I could be mistaken and am too lazy to run upstairs and check.

Either way, I'm sure I have some 2a USB charger lying around the house somewhere, or could get one for a few bucks on Amazon. I'm not sure if that's just a suggestion or is actually required. I think it comes down to how much energy your device can draw. I imagine that, unlike a directly plugged in device, using wireless chargers will result in a slower charge cycle as a larger amount of the energy is lost, so it probably needs to be greater than what it normally uses. I know that, in general, you can use a higher mA output than what is required, as the device will only draw what it can/needs, but not sure about how wireless works in this regard.
27th July 2013, 04:43 PM |#8  
UWRF's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag River Falls, WI
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoboyjs

Just a heads up for those that don't read the description, This is just the pad, you have to use a USB charger to power it, and it's designed for a 2 A charger. The stock nexus one may not work.

Shoot! I missed that! If anyone finds the needed charger on Amazon please share.


Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
27th July 2013, 04:46 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
I've followed a few reviews on this one since I have the S4 and was considering picking up the whole kit. The ones that mentioned trying another charger stated it didn't work. Wireless charging does work a bit differently since you lose some energy transferring the power to the induction coil.

I don't have time to source the reviews right now, but that might point you in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonic

I see that the N72 charger is only 1.35a. I thought that the N71 charger was 2a, but I could be mistaken and am too lazy to run upstairs and check.

Either way, I'm sure I have some 2a USB charger lying around the house somewhere, or could get one for a few bucks on Amazon. I'm not sure if that's just a suggestion or is actually required. I think it comes down to how much energy your device can draw. I imagine that, unlike a directly plugged in device, using wireless chargers will result in a slower charge cycle as a larger amount of the energy is lost, so it probably needs to be greater than what it normally uses. I know that, in general, you can use a higher mA output than what is required, as the device will only draw what it can/needs, but not sure about how wireless works in this regard.

27th July 2013, 04:47 PM |#10  
phonic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 412
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWRF

Shoot! I missed that! If anyone finds the needed charger on Amazon please share.


Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Any 2000ma/2A charger should work.

Like this:
http://www.amazon.com/EasyAcc-Univer...ma+usb+charger
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phonic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2013, 05:29 PM |#11  
Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonic

Any 2000ma/2A charger should work.

Like this:
http://www.amazon.com/EasyAcc-Univer...ma+usb+charger

Thanks for the link. Probably gonna pick this up, as I checked all my USB chargers and none are above 1.3A

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung, wireless charger
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes