☞[WARNING: READ ME 1st] If YOU DID NOT CREATE "it" THEN IT DOESN'T BELONG IN HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
☞[WARNING: READ ME 1st] If YOU DID NOT CREATE "it" THEN IT DOESN'T BELONG IN HERE

NOTICE: If You did not create the ROM, KERNEL, FIX, MOD, APP, HACK, GUIDE, or if it's not a SOURCE CODE then it should go to Galaxy Tab General as it doesn't belong in Development.

If your thread can be phrased as a question, it DEFINITELY doesn't belong in Development either, post in in the Nexus Q & A section. If you post it in Development it will be moved/closed and you may get an infraction or a ban.

There is only 1 exception, stock ROMs are allowed, as long as the link does not require a registration to download the ROM.

You may start planning a [DEV] topic in the General or Q & A section and then have it moved to the Android Development section once the actual Development has started.

☞ Development is classified as original work and/or documented edits and changes made to others work (with their permission) that makes it your own.
Stock ROM dumps that are modified (deodexed, etc.) from the manufacturer's original intent and then repackaged together classifies as development.
Kernel's and Recovery obviously classify as development as they are modified and compiled from source
☞ Themes are graphical/visual changes made to a ROM which make's the ROM visually different from the original work, i.e. different battery icons, a blue-color scheme, etc. They may be packaged up together with a full ROM and deployed the same way. Simply running a script (not made by you) to deodex and then packaging other people's work/MOD's into one place does not constitute original development.

Follow the FORUM RULES and the XDA MANTRA and we'll all get along and enjoy this community!

Thank you for your cooperation & thanks to jerdog for writing this wonderful explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NOTICE: If You did not create the ROM, KERNEL, FIX, MOD, APP, HACK, GUIDE, or if it's not a SOURCE CODE then it should go to Galaxy Tab General as it doesn't belong in Development.

If your thread can be phrased as a question, it DEFINITELY doesn't belong in Development either, post in in the Nexus Q & A section. If you post it in Development it will be moved/closed and you may get an infraction or a ban.

There is only 1 exception, stock ROMs are allowed, as long as the link does not require a registration to download the ROM.

You may start planning a [DEV] topic in the General or Q & A section and then have it moved to the Android Development section once the actual Development has started.

☞ Development is classified as original work and/or documented edits and changes made to others work (with their permission) that makes it your own.
    Stock ROM dumps that are modified (deodexed, etc.) from the manufacturer's original intent and then repackaged together classifies as development.
    Kernel's and Recovery obviously classify as development as they are modified and compiled from source
    ☞ Themes are graphical/visual changes made to a ROM which make's the ROM visually different from the original work, i.e. different battery icons, a blue-color scheme, etc. They may be packaged up together with a full ROM and deployed the same way. Simply running a script (not made by you) to deodex and then packaging other people's work/MOD's into one place does not constitute original development.

Follow the FORUM RULES and the XDA MANTRA and we'll all get along and enjoy this community!

Thank you for your cooperation & thanks to jerdog for writing this wonderful explanation.