I'm NOT responsible if you bork your tablet because you can't follow simple instructions!
FAQ: 1) You will have to relock your bootloader after you restore. Tablet in fastboot and connected to pc open up command prompt in the folder where these files reside and type: "fastboot oem lock".
2) You will be unrooted after this procedure 3) Your bootloader must be unlocked before using this utility. If you can't handle these simple instructions, pickup one of these.
CHANGE LOG: 02/15/14:
Updated With Images KVT49L Deb (Verizon) 4.4.2 12/12/13:
Updated With Images KOT49H Flo/Deb 4.4.2 11/20/13:
Updated With Images KRT16S Flo/Deb 4.4 11/15/13:
Updated With Images KRT16o Flo 4.4 11/14/13:
Updated With Images KRT16o Deb 4.4 10/13/13:
Updated With Images JLS36i Deb 4.3.1 09/19/13:
Updated With Images JSS15R Flo 09/16/13:
Updated With Images for Deb (LTE) 08/23/13:
Updated With Google Factory Images JSS15Q 08/09/13:
Updated With Google Factory Images JSS15J 08/08/13:
Uploaded new version with updated Bat files so they reflect being in "fastboot" before continuing for the few that couldn't follow a simple video
Warning this will erase your entire tablet and restore it to the way it was when you first turned it on!
1) Download and installDRIVERS
2) Download and extract Nexus 7 Restore.zip
3) Turn on your tablet, and connect your tablet to the computer (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled on the tablet)
4) Open up folder where you extracted the Nexus 7 Restore.zip
5) Double Click on the "Recovery_Nexus7.bat" and follow the instructions,,,,it really is that easy! (watch video and follow along)
6) If your tablet will not boot and you need to restore, boot your tablet into fastboot (volume down and power) and click the "Dead_Nexus7.bat" file found in the folder.
thank you so much! now I can get a warranty exchange from Best Buy, since I have 2 black dots under the screen
if i have helped you, please click the "thanks" button
Verizon and Motorola shocked us all back in November when … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?