Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,597 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlock Bootloader p769 20f

Tip us?

SpartanG01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unlock Bootloader p769 20f

I have an LG P769 software version 20f (OTA) build JZO54K that I would love to put Cyanogen on. I have it on my p509 and I love it. My understanding is that I need to unlock the bootloader, flash a proper recovery image and then flash over the Cyanogen Rom. I did my P509 so I'm not a complete noob at this, it's been working just fine for almost 2 years however I've searched every where and I have a few questions.

Is it possible to unlock a stock 20f P769? (purchased the phone a week ago, updated it yesterday and it's 20f now. No idea what it was before that but it was brand new from Tmobile)

If it is, how do I do and what do I need?

Is Cyanogen 10.1 the newest of the Cyanogen ROMs I can use?

If I do successfully unlock it I can follow the CM 10.1 guide to get the rom and all that on there really I'm stuck now at Unlocking it. I tried the method in the now locked thread (before realizing people had found out it doesn't work)

Thanks in advance for any help, like I said I've looked in dozens of threads and can't seem to find a clear answer on the matter.

BioDesigner48
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Have you looked here?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277639

He has a step by step video on how to unlock bootloader

sent from my locked rooted P769 v20f
I'm on YouTube (BioDesigner48)

geeshiet
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanG01 View Post
I have an LG P769 software version 20f (OTA) build JZO54K that I would love to put Cyanogen on. I have it on my p509 and I love it. My understanding is that I need to unlock the bootloader, flash a proper recovery image and then flash over the Cyanogen Rom. I did my P509 so I'm not a complete noob at this, it's been working just fine for almost 2 years however I've searched every where and I have a few questions.

Is it possible to unlock a stock 20f P769? (purchased the phone a week ago, updated it yesterday and it's 20f now. No idea what it was before that but it was brand new from Tmobile)

If it is, how do I do and what do I need?

Is Cyanogen 10.1 the newest of the Cyanogen ROMs I can use?

If I do successfully unlock it I can follow the CM 10.1 guide to get the rom and all that on there really I'm stuck now at Unlocking it. I tried the method in the now locked thread (before realizing people had found out it doesn't work)

Thanks in advance for any help, like I said I've looked in dozens of threads and can't seem to find a clear answer on the matter.
And if your unhappy with storage go take a look here ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2096138

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 4 Beta