No registration required

Touch screen sensitivity weirdness

OP greyhulk

28th July 2013, 07:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 190

953 posts
More
Brand new Nexus 7 here. I have noticed that any action requiring a touch and hold, such as moving an app or widget is often not recognized and I have to try several times. On the other hand, other things seem to be hyper sensitive, like the SwiftKey keyboard where I regularly get double presses.

Is it just me, or are other people experiencing this?
28th July 2013, 07:59 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 156

815 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhulk

Brand new Nexus 7 here. I have noticed that any action requiring a touch and hold, such as moving an app or widget is often not recognized and I have to try several times. On the other hand, other things seem to be hyper sensitive, like the SwiftKey keyboard where I regularly get double presses.

Is it just me, or are other people experiencing this?

I'm having the issue too. Also when using Swype and when resting my finger on an opened browser page and all of a sudden with one finger it'll zoom in real quick. I think I might exchange tomorrow. I've been waiting to see if this is software or hardware issue. I've also had the chrome browser just lock up.
28th July 2013, 08:03 AM   |  #3  
Flag Venice, Florida
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
More
Same. Takes me a couple tries to hold down on the home screen to get the wallpaper option to come up for example. My initial guess is that it's software related...maybe a sensitivity issue? Like it wants to scroll left/right the second you press down which then negates any long-touch pressed-in options until you let go and try again. If that makes sense.
28th July 2013, 08:09 AM   |  #4  

815 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzkmo

Same. Takes me a couple tries to hold down on the home screen to get the wallpaper option to come up for example. My initial guess is that it's software related...maybe a sensitivity issue? Like it wants to scroll left/right the second you press down which then negates any long-touch pressed-in options until you let go and try again. If that makes sense.

Hopefully this is just software. If there aren't too many having the same issue then it could be hardware.. Are you guys thinking about exchanging for new one?
28th July 2013, 08:14 AM   |  #5  
Flag Venice, Florida

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidrev71

Hopefully this is just software. If there aren't too many having the same issue then it could be hardware.. Are you guys thinking about exchanging for new one?

Right now I'm not. Everything else seems fine. I really think it's just 4.3 or the new screen or something being more sensitive than the old N7. I just tried it now and about 9 of 10 times i got the wallpaper option to come up, but I was paying attention. So who knows!
28th July 2013, 08:18 AM   |  #6  

815 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzkmo

Right now I'm not. Everything else seems fine. I really think it's just 4.3 or the new screen or something being more sensitive than the old N7. I just tried it now and about 9 of 10 times i got the wallpaper option to come up, but I was paying attention. So who knows!

I was just reading in another post in the q&a section and someone with similar issue exchanged and new one didn't have the same screen issues. So, I may just exchange tomorrow.
28th July 2013, 08:23 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 52

259 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhulk

Brand new Nexus 7 here. I have noticed that any action requiring a touch and hold, such as moving an app or widget is often not recognized and I have to try several times.

Same but I've never owned a tablet before. I thought it might just be hard to hold my finger still on such a big screen where I have the finger extended further.
28th July 2013, 08:27 AM   |  #8  

22 posts
Try a different launcher. I'm on apex with no problems

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to bwint1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2013, 08:34 AM   |  #9  

815 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwint1

Try a different launcher. I'm on apex with no problems

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

So you had the same issues on the stock launcher?
28th July 2013, 09:28 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 107

816 posts
I have it also. I honestly do not think its hardware related as it was similar to my nook HD+ works great on games but keyboard typing and web page links are spotty. Could be wrong but my personal opinion is its an android thing still lol

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

to follow up i rooted and installed custome recovery. my screen was registering touches terrible and i was getting frustrated especially within dolphin browser ect. i booted into recovery and cleared dalvik cache and it fixed it right up for me anyway

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread