The noobdev team is proud to present its noobdev CyanogenMod nightlies! This ROM is pure unmodified CyanogenMod with additional useful features, such as IR and app2sd support, as well as other device specific fixes and features. If you want me to add a specific commit or feature, just leave a post here.
Huge thanks to all the developers that made this possible and also the donators for supporting this ROM!
- Benjamin Benichou
- Dual boot!
- Open-source Google Dialer
- Moving apps to SD card
- Facebook sync with native app (with phone numbers!)
- Glove mode / high touch sensitivity
- Delta OTA updates
- Flash CM 11.0 and the gapps below.
- Clear /data and /cache if you are coming from another ROM.
Dual boot instructions:
[LINK] DualBootUtilities zip
[LINK] Dual Boot Enabler/Disabler
[LINK] Dual Boot Switcher app
[LINK] Gapps for secondary ROM
NOTE: Before you do anything, download the DualBootUtilities zip and dual-boot enabler/disabler zips to your SD card. They'll really come in handy if something doesn't work right
1. Download the Dual Boot Switcher app and install it.
2. Open the app and set the current kernel as the primary kernel (screenshot)
3. Remove some bloatware with Titanium Backup or convert some system apps to user apps (ChatON, WatchON, S Health, Chrome) with this app Stock TouchWiz + this ROM will not fit on the /system partition
4. Reboot into recovery
5. Flash DualBootEnable.zip
6. Flash a >= 20130908 build of this ROM
7. Flash the dual boot Gapps above
9. Install the Dual Boot Switcher app again in the secondary ROM
IMPORTANT: Please don't use the recovery's built-in wiping features. Use the zip files in the "helpful zips" instead.
How do I...?
- Switch the ROM if something doesn't work properly?
- Flash DualBootUtilities.zip. You will get a menu allowing you to switch to the primary or secondary ROM.
- Wipe /cache, /data, /system, or dalvik-cache?
- Flash DualBootUtilities.zip. You will get a menu that lets to wipe the respective partitions for either the primary or the secondary ROM.
- It's important to not use the recovery's built-in wiping functions because they may delete files needed for the secondary ROM.
- Update the primary ROM?
- Edit META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script so that it does not format /system or /dev/block/mmcblk0p16 (because the 16th partition is /system)
- Flash DualBootUtilities.zip before updating the ROM and choose Wipe Primary /system. If the primary ROM is AOSP-based, you will need to reflash Gapps.
- Make sure to set the kernel as primary in the dual boot switcher app
- Update the secondary ROM (this ROM)?
- Just flash the update as usual
- Flash a mod or custom kernel for the primary ROM?
- Just flash it
- If it's a custom kernel, make sure you set it in the dual boot switcher app.
- Flash a mod or custom kernel for the secondary ROM?
- The kernel will need to be patched. See this post for more info: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1979
Nightlies start building automatically at around 4:00 AM EST every day! They can be downloaded here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/uno...les/Nightlies/
Samsung WatchON for the IR blaster can now be downloaded from Google Play.
Anyone is free to use my patches in their ROM However, I will not be submitting any more non-critical patches to upstream CM. I can't accept that my code could potentially be sold for a profit or distributed as closed source.
How do I...?
- Use Foldermount on this ROM?
- Go to the development options and disable App2SD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1941
- This setting is available on nightlies >= 20130913. Of course, moving apps to the SD card will no longer work.
- If you are dual booting, you need to use /raw-data/media/0/... for the source path. See here for more info: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1952
- Moving obb in app2sd implementation
Who's in the noobdev team?
- chenxiaolong (me!)
[ROM][4.4][noobdev] CM 11.0 with app2sd, glove mode, dual boot for all S4 variants, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod
Last Updated 2014-02-02