Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 39,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.3.3+] BStats 2.1 (battery monitor + usage stats)

Tip us?

onesrv
Old
(Last edited by onesrv; 3rd September 2013 at 09:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb [APP][2.3.3+] BStats 2.1 (battery monitor + usage stats)

Hi xda-developers,
i would like to let you know BStats, a free app that i delveloped, and see if anyone can find it useful!

BStats is a simple battery consumption monitor. With collected data it generates several graphs and with those charts we can better understand how our device uses battery and wherever drains it!
To achive this BStats keeps track of installed / removed application and most used app/services and displays those informations in usage graphs

Here are some apps screenshots:

You can download BStats using attached apk or simply on Google Play Store!
Attached Files
File Type: apk BStats.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.25 MB, 301 views)
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to onesrv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chaitanya87
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Will try and let you know the details

NBruderman
Old
Thanks Meter 868

DONATE TO ME
Im trying it, the only thing that worries me is if there is a noticable battery drain from this app...
Github:
https://github.com/NBruderman

Current Projects:
Official CarbonRom for Galaxy S4 (I9500/jflte)
Official ParanoidAndroid for the I9500

Current Device: Galaxy S4 I9500 (Exynos)

Previous Projects:
Crash Rom for the I9500

Previous Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300)

Blackiedamus
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I can only use the "Most active apps' and 'Past days avg usage' without having the app FC. Not sure why it's doing this. Seemed good enough for XDA to put on the front page. Like to see this fixed so I have a decent battery tracking app.

I have tried with two different ROMs to see the same result.

Thanks for the effort and time.

rikai
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackiedamus View Post
I can only use the "Most active apps' and 'Past days avg usage' without having the app FC. Not sure why it's doing this. Seemed good enough for XDA to put on the front page. Like to see this fixed so I have a decent battery tracking app.

Having the same issue here on a stock 4.3 Nexus 7 2013.

I only just downloaded it and started the service, so i was assuming it was crashing because it was trying to display the data and hadn't collected enough to show yet and did not have anything to handle that situation? That's just a total guess though. :P

Works perfectly other than that problem though, good work!

onesrv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Hi Blackiedamus! I'm interested in supporting the most number of devices i can so can you please let me know wich device / rom / kernel do you use? And even better for me it will be if you open the app, tap backup stats and then send me at support@bstats.it the file "bstats.db" that you find in /bstats/ folder of your sdcard

onesrv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikai View Post
Having the same issue here on a stock 4.3 Nexus 7 2013.

I only just downloaded it and started the service, so i was assuming it was crashing because it was trying to display the data and hadn't collected enough to show yet and did not have anything to handle that situation? That's just a total guess though. :P

Works perfectly other than that problem though, good work!

Hi rikai thanks for reporting this problem! The app should not crash with no data it just tells you haven't. Maybe this problem is related to new 4.3! I didn't have the possibility to test my app on android 4.3 rather than sdk emulator! Can you please open the app, tap backup stats and then send me at support@bstats.it the file "bstats.db" that you find in /bstats/ folder of your sdcard? I would try to fix it as soon as possible!

Blackiedamus
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesrv View Post
Hi Blackiedamus! I'm interested in supporting the most number of devices i can so can you please let me know wich device / rom / kernel do you use? And even better for me it will be if you open the app, tap backup stats and then send me at support@bstats.it the file "bstats.db" that you find in /bstats/ folder of your sdcard
I'm using an ATT S4, Graviton v 1.3 ROM, Kernel is se.infra@SEI046 #1. I'll send you the backup stats in just a moment.

Dr Goodvibes
Old
Thanks Meter 615
FC on XPERIA X10i v2.3 and XPERIA S v4.1.2
Most FC and there are a lot are on Last day hourly usage which can't be accessed at all.

An email contact in an about menu in Bstats may be a good idea and/or on the Google Play description.

onesrv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Goodvibes View Post
FC on XPERIA X10i v2.3 and XPERIA S v4.1.2
Most FC and there are a lot are on Last day hourly usage which can't be accessed at all.

An email contact in an about menu in Bstats may be a good idea and/or on the Google Play description.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesrv View Post
Hi rikai thanks for reporting this problem! The app should not crash with no data it just tells you haven't. Maybe this problem is related to new 4.3! I didn't have the possibility to test my app on android 4.3 rather than sdk emulator! Can you please open the app, tap backup stats and then send me at support@bstats.it the file "bstats.db" that you find in /bstats/ folder of your sdcard? I would try to fix it as soon as possible!
Quote:
I'm using an ATT S4, Graviton v 1.3 ROM, Kernel is se.infra@SEI046 #1. I'll send you the backup stats in just a moment.
I found a bug related to different timezone! I released au update (also updated attached apk). Please le me know if this fixes your problems!