Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,886 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] Nexus 7 (2013) All-In-One Toolkit v1.0 [7-30-2013] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof]

Tip us?

dark2099
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
Getting my N7 tomorrow. Will this work on Win8 64? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Should, I've used his toolkit for my HTC One on Win8 x64.
Device: Google Nexus 7 2013 2nd Gen FHD
ROM: CleanRom
Kernel: bricked

Device: HTC One M8
Provider: AT&T
ROM: Sinless GPE
Kernel: faux123
The Following User Says Thank You to dark2099 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JustAnotherNewbie
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Minor Snags (and the solutions to them)

First off, let me say thank you to the Dev. I appreciate the work you put into this, truly.

For those who are having problems or have additional questions, I will offer my advice.

Q: Do I used this Before or After the System Update?

A: I cannot speak for others, but I used this All-in-One tool Before installing the System Update that the Nexus automatically downloaded. (If someone else can chime in on this, it’d probably help some confused user.)

Q: The command prompt window/ADB window/Something says that the device is "Offline." What do I do?

A: Yeah, I ran into this and I was a bit baffled. It would seem that the “adb.exe” file, located within the “Tools” folder is outdated. Why others did not run into this I cannot say, but I doubt very much that I had a newer adb.exe sitting around on my system than is included here. Supposedly any version after 16 will suffice, but I used the adb.exe found in this package: http://dl.google.com/android/reposit....1-windows.zip

Once you unzip the folder, find adb.exe, and copy/paste the file into the Tools folder of this All-in-One. Now try running the All-in-One utility again.

If the device still registers as offline, try typing in the command prompt window

adb kill-server

After you hit enter, type:

adb devices

It will take a second for the daemon to boot up, but once it does you /should/ have be prompted on the Nexus 7 to approve debugging from the PC it is hooked up to. (I checked the little tic box that offers, “Always allow from this computer?”)

Once you hit Yes (Always allow), you should be good to follow on with the procedure.

Q: I did all this, I got into fastboot, and..nothing happened?!

A: I don’t remember exactly what this was about, but I rebooted into Android (use the volume buttons to scroll; do not freak out that the touch screen isn’t working; use the power button to select “Start”), closed down everything on my PC that related to the All-In-One utility, and started it again at the “Reboot into bootloader” step. From there on, all has been well.

Again, I hope this helps anyone else who runs into these issues. Thanks again to Hasoon2000 for making this newbie friendly from the start.

Kindly,
The Following User Says Thank You to JustAnotherNewbie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akarol
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherNewbie View Post
First off, let me say thank you to the Dev. I appreciate the work you put into this, truly.

For those who are having problems or have additional questions, I will offer my advice.

Q: Do I used this Before or After the System Update?

A: I cannot speak for others, but I used this All-in-One tool Before installing the System Update that the Nexus automatically downloaded. (If someone else can chime in on this, it’d probably help some confused user.)

Q: The command prompt window/ADB window/Something says that the device is "Offline." What do I do?

A: Yeah, I ran into this and I was a bit baffled. It would seem that the “adb.exe” file, located within the “Tools” folder is outdated. Why others did not run into this I cannot say, but I doubt very much that I had a newer adb.exe sitting around on my system than is included here. Supposedly any version after 16 will suffice, but I used the adb.exe found in this package: http://dl.google.com/android/reposit....1-windows.zip

Once you unzip the folder, find adb.exe, and copy/paste the file into the Tools folder of this All-in-One. Now try running the All-in-One utility again.

If the device still registers as offline, try typing in the command prompt window

adb kill-server

After you hit enter, type:

adb devices

It will take a second for the daemon to boot up, but once it does you /should/ have be prompted on the Nexus 7 to approve debugging from the PC it is hooked up to. (I checked the little tic box that offers, “Always allow from this computer?”)

Once you hit Yes (Always allow), you should be good to follow on with the procedure.

Q: I did all this, I got into fastboot, and..nothing happened?!

A: I don’t remember exactly what this was about, but I rebooted into Android (use the volume buttons to scroll; do not freak out that the touch screen isn’t working; use the power button to select “Start”), closed down everything on my PC that related to the All-In-One utility, and started it again at the “Reboot into bootloader” step. From there on, all has been well.

Again, I hope this helps anyone else who runs into these issues. Thanks again to Hasoon2000 for making this newbie friendly from the start.

Kindly,
Turns out the problem is not the device but with ADB itself. You must update to the latest ADB files in order for the RSA key prompt to come up. I finally got it to work after searching "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" on Google and downloading the latest files from the xda-developers thread that comes up. I believe the ADB files that are contained with this AIO Toolkit are not the latest one.

Hasoon2000, could you please update the ADB files to avoid people from having this issue in the future? If anyone needs the link to the latest ADB files, just click on the link below:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42407269

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

I would definitely add to the OP that a Factory Reset is necessary if not flashing a new ROM while rooting or you'll be stuck on boot.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Device: Black Nexus 5 (32GB)
ROM: SkimKat EXPERIMENTAL
Kernel: Stock SlimKat

Device: Nexus 7 (16GB)
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 (KitKat) - Rooted
Kernel: ElementalX 2.10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to akarol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hasoon2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9044

DONATE TO ME
v1.0.1 Released! 7-31-2013
- Updated ADB/Fastboot so the toolkit should now work with the device.
- Added more info to the message box. If you don't flash a ROM, you MUST do a factory reset within the custom recovery, or else the device will be soft bricked!

Download is in Post 2.
* Developer of AIO Toolkits: Amaze 4G / Sensation 4G / Vivid / Rezound / MyTouch 4G Slide / One X (TEGRA3) / One S / One V / Evo 4G LTE / Droid Incredible 4G LTE / Wildfire S / Desire X / One X (Evita) / One X+ / Droid DNA *
* QX Series ROMs: Dinc4GLTE / One X+ *

If I have helped you, you can give me a donation so I can continue going to school!

Need a phone unlocked? PM me for details! I can unlock many GSM phones, even the new HTC One Series!

Need to see if an IMEI is blocked/blacklisted before your buy/sell/trade? PM me for details as well!

Not only do we Google you, we read your emails, too! <-- Article

"Something can scar you, but do not let it define you."

corythug
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasoon2000 View Post
v1.0.1 Released! 7-31-2013
- Updated ADB/Fastboot so the toolkit should now work with the device.
- Added more info to the message box. If you don't flash a ROM, you MUST do a factory reset within the custom recovery, or else the device will be soft bricked!

Download is in Post 2.
That's why mine bricked! Lol. Sorry it was really messing with me trying to figure out what went borked.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

turdbogls
Old
Thanks Meter 236

DONATE TO ME
OK, so I had the old download, replaced ADB with the latest one and everything went as planned. I really appreciate the hard work man. I could not, for the life of me, get my phone to communicate with ADB. never had problems before with other Nexii(nexus'?)
but this worked really good. unlocked, rooted, custom recovery. I am again comfortable with my android tablet (felt so lost on Stock/locked) lol
Current Devices:
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Moto G (VZW)

fstbusa
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Not that it matters a whole lot, but I get this error when trying to open any of the links..... Its something to do with my home computer because it works fine on my work computer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toolkit Error.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	2155740  

hasoon2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9044

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by corythug View Post
That's why mine bricked! Lol. Sorry it was really messing with me trying to figure out what went borked.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Luckily, someone said to do a factory reset!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
OK, so I had the old download, replaced ADB with the latest one and everything went as planned. I really appreciate the hard work man. I could not, for the life of me, get my phone to communicate with ADB. never had problems before with other Nexii(nexus'?)
but this worked really good. unlocked, rooted, custom recovery. I am again comfortable with my android tablet (felt so lost on Stock/locked) lol
Everything went good with the toolkit after you updated the ADB Files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbusa View Post
Not that it matters a whole lot, but I get this error when trying to open any of the links..... Its something to do with my home computer because it works fine on my work computer.
That's strange. Your default web browser should automatically open it.
* Developer of AIO Toolkits: Amaze 4G / Sensation 4G / Vivid / Rezound / MyTouch 4G Slide / One X (TEGRA3) / One S / One V / Evo 4G LTE / Droid Incredible 4G LTE / Wildfire S / Desire X / One X (Evita) / One X+ / Droid DNA *
* QX Series ROMs: Dinc4GLTE / One X+ *

If I have helped you, you can give me a donation so I can continue going to school!

Need a phone unlocked? PM me for details! I can unlock many GSM phones, even the new HTC One Series!

Need to see if an IMEI is blocked/blacklisted before your buy/sell/trade? PM me for details as well!

Not only do we Google you, we read your emails, too! <-- Article

"Something can scar you, but do not let it define you."

fstbusa
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I fixed it by going into the program defaults and setting firefox as my default browser. Must have been some error/issue with my default browser.

ruvy01
Old
Thanks Meter 19
ok so i flashed the recovery using this toolkit but when i boot to TWRP it asks me for a password? never had that happen before...

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe