1 Lonely dead pixel (2013)

31st July 2013, 03:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Recently bought my New Google Nexus 7 (2013) from Bestbuy this past Saturday. and I've loved it, and will keep on loving it. but I noticed one small, lonesome, scared, dead pixel around the left hand corner. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but considering I'm still in the 14 day warranty I was wondering should I honestly waste my time, get perhaps a new unit and maybe the new unit could be worse than the one i currently own?

There's absolutley nothing wrong with the current unit I own, besides the Dead Pixel. and was curious if anyone else had the same issue? would you suggest returning it, and actually get what I truly want. or should i just forget about it. I mean it's pretty hard to see, but just knowing that it's that is just killing me. I have OCD and this is not helping it :|

All comments are welcomed.

Also, does anyone else notice a rattle noise coming from the rear, back camera when you tap on it? not to worried about it. but just wondering if it's something TOO worry about.
Last edited by TBCMLwacki; 31st July 2013 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Quick note
31st July 2013, 03:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 33

288 posts
Well, I would say bring it back to Best Buy, especially since you are still in the return period. That's what it's for! And if the new one is worse than that one, you can return it too!
The Following User Says Thank You to dragonboydbboy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2013, 03:42 AM   |  #3  
Flag River Falls, WI
Thanks Meter: 57

166 posts
More
I stayed in the parking lot of best buy playing with mine until I was satisfied. I exchanged one within an hour of using it. My second one was perfect! No light bleed or any issues!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to UWRF For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2013, 03:56 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Massachusetts

3 posts
More
Thumbs up good point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonboydbboy

Well, I would say bring it back to Best Buy, especially since you are still in the return period. That's what it's for! And if the new one is worse than that one, you can return it too!

I think im just going to return mine and see where it takes me from there, im spending $280.00 might as well get something I'm going to love forever. or at least until the battery kapoots.
31st July 2013, 04:36 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 27

216 posts
Mine has a stuck pixel at a corner, not noticed unless looking closely

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
31st July 2013, 04:40 AM   |  #6  

1 posts
I would exchange it.
31st July 2013, 04:46 AM   |  #7  
Flag ChiRak
Thanks Meter: 84

439 posts
More
I would return it. You pay for something that should work perfect . In thinking of going back and getting the 32gb.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
31st July 2013, 05:16 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Massachusetts

3 posts
More
Red face Completely agree on getting 32gb
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeboy07

I would return it. You pay for something that should work perfect . In thinking of going back and getting the 32gb.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

I've picked up my 32Gb on saturday and haven't looked back to the 16gb. from what I've heard it gets full quick, and when i first looked at my total storage it said I had 25 Gigs left, so I can only imagine what 16Gb had left.
31st July 2013, 05:53 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 4

48 posts
Got mine via Amazon and it had 4 dead pixels, sent it back and my second one is perfect, no dead pixels.

If it had been one dead pixel, I'd probably still send it back for replacement. So I say get a replacement.
31st July 2013, 06:57 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 35

364 posts
I got a dead pixel too

Going to staples tomorrow and exchange it. I got it from staples online.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread