Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

ROMS for sprd S580 Android phone

OP sieger007

1st August 2013, 01:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

36 posts
So I got this spreadspectrum phone branded by SVP but its actually SPRD S580 inside running A5 cortex and MTK6517 h/w.
I managed to root it finally - the guide and threads here did not work.
Can someone PL point me to some ROMS for this phone and some gimme a direction about hunting them down,
My understanding is ROM incompatilbilty can brick your device . So I should back up my current image. Hows that done,
ALSO I find some threads where some other branded phone with MTK6517 h/w but maybe different processor , GPU etc has been offered a custom ROM upgrade to JB/ICS.
Should I try that out ? OR the ROM to be used is specific to that CPU + H/W combination : e.g. A5 + MTK6517 and same brand.
Pl help ....
The Following User Says Thank You to sieger007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2013, 11:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

49 posts
Could you point me to the tuts that showed you how to root this phone? I also have the SVP S580.

It's running 2.3.5 Android and I would like to update it to a newer version, if possible.

Thanx
30th September 2013, 11:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michale32086

Could you point me to the tuts that showed you how to root this phone? I also have the SVP S580.

It's running 2.3.5 Android and I would like to update it to a newer version, if possible.

Thanx

download eroot.

http://www.runamux.net/search/view/f...Root-1014.html
The Following User Says Thank You to sieger007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2013, 01:03 PM   |  #4  

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieger007

download eroot.

I'll give that a shot.

Thanx...

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Unfortunately, all the text on the splash screen is in Kanjii...

Could you point me to an instruction PDF or give me a starting point.

Very much appreciated...

NOTE: Disregard.. GOOGLE is my friend.

http://lemmymorgan.com/one-click-roo...ore_by_bin4ry/

DOH!!!
Last edited by Michale32086; 30th September 2013 at 01:06 PM.
8th April 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #5  

18 posts
SVP S6580
Hi,

I too have SVP S580. The whatsapp - preinstalled in that phone is not working. How to root that and UNINSTALL whatsapp and install the latest version in that ? Is there any option to upgrade to ICS ? IS there any CWM for this phone ? Please send me a detailed reply with the download links and the guide to root, flash a new ICS rom and CWM method too..

Thanks a lot for sharing your views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieger007

download eroot.

28th April 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #6  

18 posts
SVP S580
Finally, I am able to ROOT my device with VROOT and uninstall the WHATSAPP - a pre-installed APP and NOT WORKING. Now, I installed the NEW version of WHATSAPP and is working fine for me.

Will anybody let me know whether this model (SVP S580) has any new version of ROM ?

Murthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrkmurthy

Hi,

I too have SVP S580. The whatsapp - preinstalled in that phone is not working. How to root that and UNINSTALL whatsapp and install the latest version in that ? Is there any option to upgrade to ICS ? IS there any CWM for this phone ? Please send me a detailed reply with the download links and the guide to root, flash a new ICS rom and CWM method too..

Thanks a lot for sharing your views.

28th July 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #7  

4 posts
Need Spreadtrum SVP S580 Firmware
Hello family i need your help, i flashed this phone with a reset file.pac and Researchdownload but now phone is dead, could someone upload please a full backup of this phone please, thanks in advance!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ics jellybean, mtk6517, rom, sprd, spreadspectrum
Previous Thread Next Thread