Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more
Thread Closed

Root Samsung Galaxy S4 mini

OP mtktauseef

1st August 2013, 01:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Kanpur
Thanks Meter: 93

30 posts
More
Root Galaxy S4 Mini and Install CWM Recovery :-
If U Like This Plzz Click On Thanks Meter.........

This guide will help you in rooting your powerful Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to gain the root privileges required to have the fun of Android OS. The package also includes flashing ClockworkMod recovery tool, which is undoubtedly one of the most popular recovery tool.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung-Galaxy-S4-mini-Now-Available-at-Three-UK.jpg
Views:	1344
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	2156361
Prerequisites to check before you root Galaxy S4 Mini and install CWM recovery tool:

Download and install appropriate USB drivers for S4 Mini GT-I9195 in your computer using Samsung KIES.
Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini carries more than 60% of charge.
Safely remove your S4′s SD card from the device.

Note: this tutorial is specifically tailored to Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-i9195; so please do not try it on other variants and models.
How to root Galaxy S4 Mini and install CWM recovery tool:

Required files: download the root package containing all the files that you would be needing during this guide from here. Extract the contents on your desktop; this package contain Odin 3.07, CWM package and Insecure Kernel package.

Download
Need help Click Here
1).Switch your S4 Mini off and enter into Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys simultaneously until you see the menu.
2).Connect your S4 with computer using a USB cord.
30.Install the Odin program on your PC and run it. Go for admin rights.
The top left of Odin screen will show you ID:COM port to which your Galaxy device is successfully connected with.
In the Odin, uncheck F. Reset Time.
4).Now click on PDA button and browse to the Galaxy-S4-Mini folder and locate the GT-I9195_MF5_870901_kernel.tar.md5 file. Click Start to initiate the flashing process.
When done, you will get a PASS! message on Odin window and your S4 Mini will be rebooted automatically - do not close Odin.
5).Boot your device again to Download mode as done in the previous steps. Ensure to uncheck F. Reset Time just like before.
6).Click on PDA, browse to the same Galaxy-S4-Mini folder where you had extracted the downloaded package and select the CWM recovery package recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.3-serranoltexx.tar.md5.
Click on Start to initiate the ClockworkMod recovery flashing process.
7).Once successfully completed, you will get a PASS! message and the S4 Mini will reboot.
Close the Odin window now and power off your device.
8).Enter into recovery mode: press the Home, Volume Up and Power keys together.
9).Tap on Reboot system now and confirm the root.

That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 will now be booted up with CWM recovery installed and root privileges! Download the free Root Checker app from Play Store to verify.
Last edited by Archer; 2nd August 2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Font Size Problem
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mtktauseef For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2013, 08:16 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
The above instructions did not work for me. Everything passed but no su binary was installed on the phone, so no root access. CWM installed fine though. Anyway the instructions in the other thread in the development forum worked perfectly. My model is GT-I9195. Just posting this here so other folks looking for root instructions are aware.
Last edited by ajgarr; 2nd August 2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Updated info...
5th August 2013, 03:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Kanpur
Thanks Meter: 93

30 posts
More
Exclamation Read This CareFully
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgarr

The above instructions did not work for me. Everything passed but no su binary was installed on the phone, so no root access. CWM installed fine though. Anyway the instructions in the other thread in the development forum worked perfectly. My model is GT-I9195. Just posting this here so other folks looking for root instructions are aware.

Read The Above Lines Carefully Bro nd u will be able to Root Ur Phone....
Or Tell Me Wts The Real problem u r Facing
5th August 2013, 04:15 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 161

685 posts
More
is this the same root as arco68?
5th August 2013, 04:53 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 235

725 posts
More
This seems to be arco68 's old root method. Read arco68's thread on the Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini Android Development subforum. There are latest instructions with odin v3.09 there.
5th August 2013, 06:08 PM   |  #6  
Flag Shah Alam, Selangor
Thanks Meter: 205

527 posts
More
Is this the same way as arco68 method? If it is true, then why you doubled the threde? And without the permission and credit from him, that means you steal from him.

Sent from my CM10.1 Wonder with kernel 3.4 by arco68 using xda premium
Last edited by geniusboy93; 5th August 2013 at 06:25 PM.
5th August 2013, 09:01 PM   |  #7  
Senior Moderator
Flag Just Off In The Distance
Thanks Meter: 4,886

5,588 posts
More
There is a thread that already exists regarding this.

[RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195)

Thread Closed

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to E.Cadro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy, root, s4mini, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread