OP kwerdenker

1st August 2013, 09:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Probably the Zooper Forums
Thanks Meter: 2,331

1,403 posts
Donate to Me
More

A collection of my work with Zooper Widget Pro.
I hope you like my work and if you have any questions or problems, just post them and I'll try to help you out

You can also check out my collected work on mycolorscreen.com/kwerdenker

BlackUiInspirant
BlackUiInspirant

Black & White City
Black & White City

CondensedBlackBar
CondensedBlackBar

FlatBlue
FlatBlue

ClockFrame
ClockFrame

Brittle
Brittle

Flipp
Flipp

Serenity
Serenity

Airy
Airy Music Widget

Vertique
Vertique

InspiredByBeats
InspiredByBeats

WolfieMinimal
WolfieMinimal

Floating
Floating

Dash
Dash

SideLined
SideLined

ChangingLine
ChangingLine

GradientLine
GradientLine

KWER001
KWER001

Elysian Fields
Elysian Fields

KWER003
KWER003

ThreeCards
ThreeCards

GlassShade
GlassShade

Last edited by kwerdenker; 11th September 2014 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Updated with latest Screens/Widgets
The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to kwerdenker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st August 2013, 09:28 PM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Themer

1,403 posts
Donate to Me
More
BlackUiInspirant

On mycolorscreen

Preamble:
This was designed for the full screen of the Nexus 4, so it works best with a ROM that supports full-screen mode a.k.a. PIE. It should look ok with the status- and navbar but everything might get a bit small .

Requirements:
- A custom launcher like Apex, Nova, etc. For this tutorial I'll be using Apex
- Zooper Widget Pro
- Media Utilities
- BalckUiInspirant_by_kwerdenker_2_40.zip
- Tasker, if you want the settings panel

Step 0:
Install all necessary apps (if you haven't already). Enter Media Utilities after you have installed it, go into settings and check Zooper under the "Application integration" category and Make coverart available under "Experimental features at the bottom.

Step 1:
Download the zip to your phone, extract the content and put the *.zw files into /sdcard/ZooperWidget/Templates/.

Step 2:
Go into the settings of your custom launcher. Set the grid of your homescreen to 10x6 (10 rows, 6 columns). If it's supported by your launcher, you should also hide the dock. (Bonus: In Apex under "Dock settings", check "Dock as overlay" and under "Behavior Settings" set some gesture do "Toggle dock. This way you can put your app shortcuts into the dock and show/hide it via gesture)

Step 3:
On your homescreen, long press to bring up the menu and select Wallpapers, then choose Gallery and navigate to where you've extracted the zip file to. There select the wallpaper and resize the box to cover the whole screen. Finish with "Ok".

Step 4:
Long press again to bring up the menu, select Widgets->Zooper Widget Pro->7x2. Tap on the resulting widget, select "SD card" and then choose BlackUI_Clock. If you want, you can select "Widget OnTap Action" in the next screen and choose something you want launched when the widget is tapped. Your alarm app for instance. If you are done, just exit the setup screen by pressing the back key. The clock widget should now be on your screen. If not, wait a second and it should pop up. Now position the widget where you want it to be on your screen. On my screen, it sits right in middle

Step 5:
Add another widget, this time choose BlackUI_Music. Nothing to setup here, just exit the setup screen again and put it where you want it.

Step 6:
Another widget, this time choose BlackUI_Weather. Again, not much to setup. So back to the homescreen and position it.

Step 7:
Can you guess it? Right, another widget, BlackUI_Calendar this time. Before you exit this one though, you should select "Calendar to display" and check the calendars you want to display on this widget. You can also setup an OnTap action to open your calendar application if you want.

For everyone without tasker, this is as far as you gonna get. Sorry but Zooper currently does not support changing system settings by itself. For everyone else, here are the steps for the setting panel.

Step 8:
Put the ZW_Tasks.prj.xml in /sdcard/Tasker/projects/. Open Tasker, press the home icon, tap "Import" and then select the ZW_Tasks file. This should be all you have to do in Tasker.
If you can't see the file when trying to import it, make sure you have "Beginner Mode" unchecked in the settings of Tasker. Thanks to haelmchen for finding this.

Step 9:
Add a Zooper widget (7x2, like the others), select BlackUi_Settings and exit back to your homescreen. Try the WIFI toggle and see if it works.

And that's about it. Enjoy your new homescreen and if you have any questions (or just want to show off your setup), feel free to post to this thread
Last edited by kwerdenker; 8th March 2014 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Updated Step 8
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to kwerdenker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st August 2013, 11:21 PM   |  #3  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 234

991 posts
More
Your .zip file is missing a bitmaps from ZooperWidget/bitmaps folder, so it's impossible to apply but on screenshots it looks nica

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to gallardo5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st August 2013, 11:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Recognized Themer

1,403 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallardo5

Your .zip file is missing a bitmaps from ZooperWidget/bitmaps folder, so it's impossible to apply but on screenshots it looks nica

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

I just checked and everything needed (bitmaps, fonts, icons, etc) is in fact in the Zooper template files (.zw). You can only import those with the Pro version of Zooper though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kwerdenker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2013, 02:25 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 49

158 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker

I just checked and everything needed (bitmaps, fonts, icons, etc) is in fact in the Zooper template files (.zw). You can only import those with the Pro version of Zooper though.

I have Pro and on Beta Zooper and have folder icons in the music one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app
2nd August 2013, 06:42 AM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Themer

1,403 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpoco

I have Pro and on Beta Zooper and have folder icons in the music one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

On the music one?... Ah, damn. I missed a step in the tutorial! Sorry, my bad I will update it immediately. The missing step is:
Quote:

Enter Media Utilities after you have installed it, go into settings and check Zooper under the "Application integration" category and Make coverart available under "Experimental features at the bottom.

After that the folder icon should be replaced by the actual album art and the music info should be updated when a song is played.

Again, sorry for missing that step. I'm probably just to just to used to this setup
The Following User Says Thank You to kwerdenker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2013, 10:58 AM   |  #7  
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 638

1,903 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I am also getting the bitmap folder missing error...

Just paid for tasker and the zooper pro JUST to get the toggles.... any ideas ??

TrOjAn
2nd August 2013, 11:27 AM   |  #8  
OP Recognized Themer

1,403 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrOjAnUK

I am also getting the bitmap folder missing error...

Just paid for tasker and the zooper pro JUST to get the toggles.... any ideas ??

TrOjAn

Is it on the settings panel or the music panel?
For the music panel I forgot a step in the tutorial:
Quote:

Enter Media Utilities after you have installed it, go into settings and check Zooper under the "Application integration" category and Make coverart available under "Experimental features at the bottom.

Also you have to be part of the Zooper beta program for the album art to correctly work. The public release with that feature is expect for this weekend.
2nd August 2013, 11:50 AM   |  #9  
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 638

1,903 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Is it on the settings panel or the music panel?
For the music panel I forgot a step in the tutorial: Also you have to be part of the Zooper beta program for the album art to correctly work. The public release with that feature is expect for this weekend.

The music panel is not right either but I dont mind that as Im not planning on using it..

The settings panel is the one, I can add it but the icons are folders, when I toggle a setting the folder is there - ON or missing - OFF

TrOjAn
2nd August 2013, 11:56 AM   |  #10  
OP Recognized Themer

1,403 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrOjAnUK

The music panel is not right either but I dont mind that as Im not planning on using it..

The settings panel is the one, I can add it but the icons are folders, when I toggle a setting the folder is there - ON or missing - OFF

TrOjAn

Ok this is really strange. I double-checked and the needed resources are in the .zw files. Let me re-export and re-upload everything. First time I worked with Zooper, might have done something wrong on my end.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread