[OFFICIAL][4.3][NOOKTABLET][NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 10.2 for Nook Tablet
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
* cause of male impotence.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
This rom is for both the Nook Tablet 512M/8GB and 1GB/16GB versions. The device code name is "acclaim".
A CWM recovery. To install CWM when coming from a stock device, you need to prepare a special SD card. Installation instructions can be found here on xda.
Grab a new recovery (e.g. here http://tinyw.in/FKZO
) and flash it with fastboot. Only newer recoveries make sure that you can use the "reboot to recovery" feature that is needed for CM updater.
If you have a recent unofficial CM 10.1 installed just try the updater, otherwise download the zip from nightlies, boot to CWM and flash it.
Once a version is installed, you can update with CM Updater
Settings->About tablet->CyanogenMod updates->Refresh
The CM wiki explains that here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_acclaim
Returning to stock BN firmware:
If you have installed above rom and the CWM recovery and you really hate it and want to go back to stock, you may wish to try to flash the original acclaim_update.zip from BN. You have to unzip that file and edit META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script. Drop the first two lines here:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "blaze" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "blaze");
Zip the package again. Then go to CWM, flash the zip, wipe, and reboot.
For any issues encountered, please post into this forum, but add steps to reproduce and dmesg and logcat information. If you don't know what this is or how to get them, try to find that out first before posting here.
hashcode, kuzma30, fattire, mik_os, chrmhoffmann, and many others that contribute to cyanogenmod and especially this version
kuzma30 - great kernel job
hashcode - we have reused lots of your work and effort for the various omap devices (esp kindle fire). It is thanks to you mainly that we are now official CM device.
mik_os - great touchscreen firmware flasher and other efforts
fattire - for helping us everywhere he can
- It is possible that you need to wipe your device. I had to do that for unknown reasons.
- Also use a 4.3 gapps. It can be found somewhere....
- The SELINUX policies are not yet in place.
- network location seems broken. Any hints?
- google services seem to consume lots of battery. maybe related to broken network location? Any hints?
- The device hung once or twice on boot with surfaceflinger crashes. No idea why.
Get it on get.cm