Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.7 [Updated 09/06/14]: Nexus 7 (2013) Thread

Tip us?

WugFresh
Old
(Last edited by WugFresh; 6th September 2014 at 06:37 AM.) Reason: Version 1.8.7 Released
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5,111

DONATE TO ME
Smile [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.7 [Updated 09/06/14]: Nexus 7 (2013) Thread

Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 1.8.7 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest Android builds and Nexus devices are officially supported including the new Nexus 5, with full KitKat support for all the newly upgraded devices. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. The main changes in this release are general code improvements and optimizations. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 375 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ashik992
Old
Thanks Meter 210
I can't find 1.6.6 it still says "Version 1.6.6 coming soon, ETA = 07.28.2013"
Thanks.
Find me

Mind pressing the thanks button if I helped you??...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ashik992 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WugFresh
Old
(Last edited by WugFresh; 4th March 2014 at 08:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5,111

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashik992 View Post
I can't find 1.6.6 it still says "Version 1.6.6 coming soon, ETA = 07.28.2013"
Thanks.
Maybe try clearing browser cache. Here are some external mirrors:

Mediafire: [redacted]
Dev-host: [redacted]

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mssam
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Thx Wug! I was wondering if you were going to update the toolkit to work with flo, and BAM! Here it is! Love your work, hope you keep at it.

Lachaine
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default I did not chose twrp

I use 1.66 to root my nexus 7 (2012) and I did not check the (also flash custom recovery) first pass was pushing temporary twrp, and second it flash the twrp.
Why? I get a real problem with twrp with the 4.3 update, so I did not want it in my device.
Is this a bug in the toolkit? or there is a reason why the twrp is push without asking to flash?

Still the best toolkit I ever use.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lachaine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prsterero
Old
Thanks Meter 596
You may want to change the main body font. It's almost impossible to read on the xda app with the dark theme selected

prshosting.org
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prsterero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

melfunn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for your work. I first ran and used the "raw driver" install. Went to step 3 and ran the "check". "Success"! When installing Root & Recovery, it gets to the point where it says pushing root files to device, but when it's supposed to boot into TWRP, it boots into system "android man with red exclamation mark on his belly" mode. Tried it twice with the same result. Any ideas? I did notice that in Device Mgr "portable devices" isn't showing at all. However in Prompt mode, an "adb devices" shows device serial #. It's as if TWRP wasn't flashed correctly.

funkbucket007
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by melfunn View Post
Thanks for your work. I first ran and used the "raw driver" install. Went to step 3 and ran the "check". "Success"! When installing Root & Recovery, it gets to the point where it says pushing root files to device, but when it's supposed to boot into TWRP, it boots into system "android man with red exclamation mark on his belly" mode. Tried it twice with the same result. Any ideas? I did notice that in Device Mgr "portable devices" isn't showing at all. However in Prompt mode, an "adb devices" shows device serial #. It's as if TWRP wasn't flashed correctly.
Same issue I'm having.
16GB Nexus 5
32GB Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)

Rabid_Gypsy
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for the app! Unlocking went fine, I'm hesitant to root if it's going to leave me with TWRP even if I leave that field unchecked, anyone else have the same problem as Lachaine? Or has anyone successfully gained root and maintained stock recovery with this?

WugFresh
Old
Thanks Meter 5,111

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkbucket007 View Post
Same issue I'm having.
Please try enabling this option:

Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]