Anyone know of a battery indicator bar like this?

Search This thread

ProtoProtoss

Mar 30, 2009
Back in the past on my Windows Mobile HTC Touch Pro, i had a battery indicator called VistaHide Battery Gauge v1.1.1 that looked like the photo I've attached.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a colored one for Android like it. I seen a screenshot somewhere (don't remember what forum) where someone was showing something on a screenshot and they had this bar. I messaged them but never received a reply to email and no longer know where I seen it. If anyone knows of one, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• vistahide.png
    vistahide.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 333

droiddawg

Dec 29, 2010
Some roms include the "miui battery bar" like viper Rom or miui (if you're into aosp roms). But there are apps like charge bar in the market that do it. Charge bar puts ads in your notifications though. T.E.A.M battery bar is nice too with no ads. They are restricted to one color at a time but you can change the color at certain percentages, I.e. less than 30% will be red, etc.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Last edited:

ProtoProtoss

Mar 30, 2009
Some roms include the "miui battery bar" like viper Rom or miui (if you're into aosp roms). But there are apps like charge bar in the market that do it. Charge bar puts ads in your notifications though. T.E.A.M battery bar is nice too with no ads. They are restricted to one color at a time but you can change the color at certain percentages, I.e. less than 30% will be red, etc.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Yeah, I'd seen quite a few of them like that, but the screenshot I'd seen one guy post actually had the multi colors like the attached image. I don't know how he did it, and can't find the post I originally seen it on to try and contact him again. I guess I'll have to do without, but thanks though. :)

mmediaman

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, I'd seen quite a few of them like that, but the screenshot I'd seen one guy post actually had the multi colors like the attached image. I don't know how he did it, and can't find the post I originally seen it on to try and contact him again. I guess I'll have to do without, but thanks though. :)

Hey ProtoProtoss, did you ever find this???

I would love to find the equivalent on Android as it is the most practical approach I have seen to battery level indication. I don't know why there are so many apps consuming valuable screen real estate and resources just to show a system statistic. The VistaHide model was beautiful by its use of the gradient coloring and idea of only consuming a few pixels. I am going to try the Battery Bar by TEAM, but it seems they don't know about or can't do the gradient.

ProtoProtoss

Mar 30, 2009
Hey ProtoProtoss, did you ever find this???

I would love to find the equivalent on Android as it is the most practical approach I have seen to battery level indication. I don't know why there are so many apps consuming valuable screen real estate and resources just to show a system statistic. The VistaHide model was beautiful by its use of the gradient coloring and idea of only consuming a few pixels. I am going to try the Battery Bar by TEAM, but it seems they don't know about or can't do the gradient.

I wish, but I never did. I have up eventually and asked the guy that created VistaHide if he could Perry it over or something, but he never responded. I loved that app too. :(

mmediaman

Aug 10, 2008
I wish, but I never did. I have up eventually and asked the guy that created VistaHide if he could Perry it over or something, but he never responded. I loved that app too. :(

I tried the T.E.A.M. Battery Bar and it is close to the VistaHide functionality. I got in touch with the developer who advises that color gradient is in the dev pipeline. So there is hope yet for a VistaHide reincarnation :D

(now if we can only figure out how to remove the stock battery icon from the status bar)

mmediaman

Aug 10, 2008
For anyone who is still interested, the UCCW and Zooper Widget apps allow you to create this type of battery meter.

Last edited: