FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[REF][ROOT][SOLVED] Motorola Defy XT555C on 2.3.7 build 67d

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 8
 
By reemobeens19, Member on 4th August 2013, 04:46 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th September 2013, 01:03 AM |#11  
rootdefyxt320's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sydney, NSW
Thanks Meter: 391
 
More
@reemobeens19 Does your Defy XT have fastboot mode? I'm going to help you to port CWM.

You can test it by typing this command in cmd

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
If your phone reboots normally means your phone doesn't have fastboot mode . If your phone gets stuck on a screen with the M logo then you have fastboot mode
The Following User Says Thank You to rootdefyxt320 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
12th September 2013, 07:55 PM |#12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootdefyxt320

@reemobeens19 Does your Defy XT have fastboot mode? I'm going to help you to port CWM.

You can test it by typing this command in cmd

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
If your phone reboots normally means your phone doesn't have fastboot mode . If your phone gets stuck on a screen with the M logo then you have fastboot mode

i do not have fast boot mode. got normal boot using the commands supplied
pwr+vol up gives me:
MBM Flash-mode.
Tinboost+ EVDO TRACFONE
version: 01.08
Bootloader USB Init SECURE BOOT ENABLED

bootloader right, not fastboot?


how can i obtain a full system back up including recovery and boot loader?
i would like to do this from the command as im using ubuntu for most of my work.
once i have the back up how then do i restore it back to the device in case of failure?

once again thank you very much for the well needed assistance
Last edited by reemobeens19; 12th September 2013 at 08:21 PM.
12th September 2013, 11:37 PM |#13  
rootdefyxt320's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sydney, NSW
Thanks Meter: 391
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reemobeens19

i do not have fast boot mode. got normal boot using the commands supplied
pwr+vol up gives me:
MBM Flash-mode.
Tinboost+ EVDO TRACFONE
version: 01.08
Bootloader USB Init SECURE BOOT ENABLED

bootloader right, not fastboot?


how can i obtain a full system back up including recovery and boot loader?
i would like to do this from the command as im using ubuntu for most of my work.
once i have the back up how then do i restore it back to the device in case of failure?

once again thank you very much for the well needed assistance

Yes, that is the bootloader. Use this tool to make a nandroid backup and restore nandroid backup http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25328650
The Following User Says Thank You to rootdefyxt320 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st September 2013, 01:36 AM |#14  
Senior Member
Flag Niagara Falls
Thanks Meter: 48
 
Donate to Me
More
Okay, I need help unlocking the bootloader. I don't really understand the instructions on the Motorola website. Thx!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
21st September 2013, 02:13 AM |#15  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_73

Okay, I need help unlocking the bootloader. I don't really understand the instructions on the Motorola website. Thx!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Motorola only supports a few devices and the odds that this one will ever be supported
are slim as it is not a "main stream" device. One thing i hate messing with are
bootloaders. Im currenty awaiting proven methods my self before attempting to
heavily modify this device. ive been playing a lot with linux and have "broken" my pc
numerous times in the past few weeks trying to learn more about under the hood unix.
one thing i cant seem to "fix" rather than reinstall is the bootloader when its broken im
hoping it will help me better understand what is going on in side this little android. if there are proven methods
im willing to try them as i took the plunge and rooted. does any one have any advice for this?
The Following User Says Thank You to reemobeens19 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st September 2013, 07:37 AM |#16  
rootdefyxt320's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sydney, NSW
Thanks Meter: 391
 
More
@reemobeens19 Can you please provide me your build.prop and flex.prop please so I can obtain the original firmware for you? Thanks
25th September 2013, 05:52 AM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I just bought a xt555c from straight talk and tried both the Asian and English programs posted on this thread but neither of them worked for me. At the risk of sounding dumb did I miss something. I turned on the phone, enabled USB debugging and clicked the green button. It recognized my device as an xt555c, said rooting. Then my phone rebooted and the program said try again... Can anyone tell me where I went wrong? Thanks in advance.
26th September 2013, 05:22 AM |#18  
rootdefyxt320's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sydney, NSW
Thanks Meter: 391
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdmonger

I just bought a xt555c from straight talk and tried both the Asian and English programs posted on this thread but neither of them worked for me. At the risk of sounding dumb did I miss something. I turned on the phone, enabled USB debugging and clicked the green button. It recognized my device as an xt555c, said rooting. Then my phone rebooted and the program said try again... Can anyone tell me where I went wrong? Thanks in advance.

Retry the process again.
26th September 2013, 01:25 PM |#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootdefyxt320

Retry the process again.

I've tried over a dozen times to no avail. My front camera has a
red lense if that makes a difference
27th September 2013, 03:00 PM |#20  
rootdefyxt320's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sydney, NSW
Thanks Meter: 391
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdmonger

I've tried over a dozen times to no avail. My front camera has a
red lense if that makes a difference

Ok, first uninstall all Motorola Drivers the reinstall them

Download the zip file here: http://d-h.st/33x

Instructions:

1. Extract the zip file. I have included both 32 bit and 64 bit drivers.

2. Then uninstall all Motorola Drivers and reinstall them.

3. Then uninstall the VRoot program and reinstall the VRoot program.

4. Then retry the VRoot program and tell me your outcome.

Press the thanks button if I helped you instead of saying thanks
29th September 2013, 03:04 AM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Still no luck sir. I've only rooted two phones before but it was with Odin and cwm. I had tried to use the cruelintent method posted else where and noticed that i couldn't push one of the files because it didn't have permission. Could that attempt be causing my problem? Should I factory reset and try again with vroot?

Thanks for being patient. I'll be pressing that thank you button reguardless of ether outcome

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.3.7, 67d, defy, motorola, xt555c
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes