With the release of SoundSeeder 1.0 we also released a Java Application to connect Windows and Linux PCs as wireless Speakers to your Android device.
The Application requires a JavaSE 1.6 Runtime Environment and was successfully tested on the Rapsberry Pi running the stock Raspbian OS (Debian based Linux).
To download the Application go to http://soundseeder.com/downloads
or check the first post of this thread.
The .zip file contains a readme with the basic instructions, how to run the Java application.
- Unzip the downloaded archive
- Open a command line in the unzipped folder
- Run: java -jar soundseederspeaker.jar
- To stop the application press CTRL + C
The following commandline arguments are available:
-c,--channel <arg> speaker channel configuration [mono, left, right,
stereo], default: stereo
-d,--debug enable debug mode
-h,--help show this dialog
-i,--ip <arg> prefered IP binding. Specify the IP Address of your
local network interface, if multiple interfaces are
-n,--name <arg> set speaker device name
-v,--volume <arg> volume on startup [0-15], default: 12
Your feedback is very welcome.
For further information visit http://soundseeder.com
[17th March 2015]
SoundSeeder Player v1.1.5
- Fixed skipping at end of tracks (Mediatek chipsets)
- Improved support for Android 5.x
[9th March 2015]
SoundSeeder Player v1.1.4
- Amazon AppStore support
- Minor bugs fixed. Thanks for reporting!
[1st March 2015]
SoundSeeder Player v1.1.3
- DLNA compatibility improved
- InApp purchases on Android 5 fixed
- Radio Station sorting and menus fixed
SoundSeeder Speaker v1.0.1
- Fixed startup crash on some JellyBean devices
[17th February 2015]
SoundSeeder Player v1.1.2
- Fixed song titles in saved playlists
- Improved stability. Fixed crash bugs
[2nd February 2015]
SoundSeeder Player v1.1.1
- Fixed loading via upnp, if song duration is unavailable
[1st February 2015]
SoundSeeder Player v1.1.0
- DLNA/UPnP support - Select and play music from your media servers and NAS drives
- New setting to throttle UPnP download rate to improve speaker connections
- Playback with bluetooth speakers improved
- Several minor bugfixes.
[8th January 2015]
SoundSeeder Player v1.0.1
- Streaming via https
- Improved Youtube support via semperVidLinks
- Several minor bugfixes
[29th December 2014]
SoundSeeder Player and Speaker v1.0
- New Online Radio Mode with more than 4500 Radio Stations (by Dirble.com)
- Player and Speaker App merged
- YouTube support via semperVidLinks
- Landscape Mode
- Navigation Bar added
- Advanced settings to change buffer size
- Google Music support restored (GM v5.5 and older)
- Improved Playlist support
- Android 5 (Lollipop) support
- Connection and sync errors fixed
- Faster caching of streamed media files
- Improved Playback Synchronization
- New Windows and Linux Speaker Application (Raspberry Pi support)
[29th December 2014]
SoundSeeder Java Edition v0.4b
- Java based implementation
- Tested on Windows and Linux
- Raspberry Pi support
- Available for download on www.soundseeder.com
SoundSeeder Speaker v0.9.2
- SoundSeeder Speaker Fix for Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- Free version connection limit increased to 15mins
- "Simple Last.FM Scrobbler" support
- Buffersize increased
- Minor bugfixes
- Equalizer added (supported devices only)
- System-wide volume adjustment
- French and Indonesian localization
- Several bugfixes and improvements
- Reduced memory and cpu usage
- Landscape mode for SoundSeeder Speaker
- Add speakers manually to player via their IP address, if they could not be discovered automatically. The current IP of a speaker is displayed in the speaker settings.
- Minor bugfixes and connection improvements
- Fixed volume control in Google Music Mode
- Some minor bugs fixed
- Slovak localization by Matus Bory
- Cast Google Play Music from your PC to SoundSeeder with Chrome Browser and 'Google Cast' extension
- Save and delete playlists
- Improved streaming performance
- Russian localization by Sergey Chernov
- Android 4.4 KitKat support
- Streaming of Online Radio and Audio Files via HTTP
- Manual offset adjustment in speaker settings
- New "Sync" Button for resyncing playback
- Improved performance and some minor bugfixes
You will have to update both, Player and Speakers with this version.
- Shuffle and repeat buttons are now restored on app start
- Connect/disconnect Speaker in Volume dialog
- Player audio output can now be muted
- Google Music support!
- Eased Demo Mode restrictions: connect to 2 speakers
- Advanced speaker offset adjustment
- Many improvements in stability, performance and usability
To activate the Google Play Music support, go to Settings and unlock the new feature.
Then you can switch to Google Music Mode by selecting the new main menu.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.
- Fix for tablets running Android 3.x
- Faster loading of Album Covers
- New: User defined adjustment of speaker playback (offset)
Fix hardware related sync-problems manually
- Huge improvements in stability, performance and usability
- Improved connection handling and synchronicity
- New default streaming in mono. Network traffic reduction by 50% without any loss of quality on most devices.
- Play songs from external file browsers and mail attachments.
- New menu item to shutdown SoundSeeder, use back button to hide the app
- Many many minor bugs fixed.
- SoundSeeder is now available in the following languages:
English, German, Spanish, Italian, Czech and Polish.
Many thanks to ILCAMPIONE, Josep, skaram and Jan for supporting us with translations!
- New option to keep device awake. Use this setting if SoundSeeder looses the connection, when the device goes in standby.
- New option to set priority to gapless playback instead of synchronicity. If you don't need perfect synchronicity, this setting can help you to avoid pauses in playback.
- Bugfixes and connection improvements
- Homescreen widgets to control playback and manage connected speakers
- Minor bugfixes
- Improved handling of lost Wi-Fi connection
- Fixed song search for Android v4.3
- Show song cover instead of album cover (if available)
- Minor bugfixes and improvements
- New: "Play next" - Add song to queue and play it next
- Minor Bugfixes and performance improvements
- all features implemented
- first public beta version
- device compatibility tests