Update Jan. 08th - V1.0.1
- Streaming via https
- Improved Youtube support via semperVidLinks
- Several minor bugfixes
- SoundSeeder is featured on the XDA TV. Many thanks to TK!
- SoundSeeder is featured on the XDA Portal. Many thanks to Samantha!
Play music with the SoundSeeder Music Player and connect additional devices as wireless speakers
All devices play the music simultaneously and in sync as one large audio system.
Install the new Windows / Linux Speaker Application to build a cheap (Sonos-like) wireless multiroom home audio system using your PC or a Raspberry Pi.
All devices have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi or via WiFi direct.
You can also use Androids built in portable HotSpot of WiFi direct to connect your devices wherever you want.
- The SoundSeeder Music Player is available for Phones and Tablets running Android 4.1 and higher (Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop). Use this app to select and play your music or to connect it as wireless speaker to another SoundSeeder Music Player.
- If your device is running an older Android version (2.2 – 4.0), install the SoundSeeder Speaker Application. It is a “Speaker-Only” version of SoundSeeder, which can be connected to the SoundSeeder Music Player App.
- SoundSeeder Speaker for JavaSE is a Speaker Application to connect your PC to the SoundSeeder Music Player Android App.
It supports Windows and Linux PCs and single-board computers like the Raspberry Pi.
All Applications are attached to this post. Fore more information please visit http://soundseeder.com/downloads
- Full featured Music Player
- 4500+ Online Radio Stations included, powered by Dirble.com
- Search for Stations by Country, Genre and Name
- Google Play Music support (Experimental, using Chromecast API. Requires Google Music Player v5.5 or older!)
- Media Library sorted by Album, Artist, Title, Folder, Genre, Playlists
- Supported Media Forrmats: mp3, mp4, m4a, aac, 3gp, ogg, flac
- YouTube support via semperVidLinks
- Equalizer (supported devices only)
- Streaming of custom Online Radio Stations and Audio Files via HTTP
- Create / delete Playlists
- Autodiscovery of SoundSeeder Devices via Wi-Fi
- Music streaming in sync without any delay
- Connect up to 16 Speakers to one Player (depending on Wi-Fi and device performance)
- Remote control playback and volume of all speakers
- Supports Androids portable Hotspot and WiFi direct to connect devices wherever you want
- Homescreen and lockscreen widgets
- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Czech, Polish, Russian, Slovak and Indonesian localisations
The free version of SoundSeeder can be used with two Speakers for up to 15 minutes, as often as you want to.
To connect SoundSeeder to further devices simultaneously or for longer than 15 minutes you can upgrade SoundSeeder via an InApp purchase.
To activate the Google Play Music support, go to Settings and unlock the feature. Then switch to Google Music Mode by selecting the new menu item.
SoundSeeder requires a fast and solid WiFi connection.
To ensure the best performance check the FAQs:
SoundSeeder on Google Play
And please rate SoundSeeder on Google Play. (if you like it )