Updates / News
Update March. 23.
Chromecast API v2
Please note: The Chrome "Google Cast" plugin has been updated to Chromecast API v2 and no longer supports the Chromecast emulation of SoundSeeder.
The Android Google Music Player is still working with SoundSeeder.
But please note: Google Music support might break with a future update of the Google Music Player:
- SoundSeeder Speaker Fix for Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- Free version connection limit increased to 15mins
- "Simple Last.FM Scrobbler" support
- Buffersize increased
- Minor bugfixes
- Equalizer added (supported devices only)
- System-wide volume adjustment
- French and Indonesian localization
- Several bugfixes and improvements
- Reduced memory and cpu usage
- Landscape mode for SoundSeeder Speaker
- Add speakers manually to player via their IP address, if they could not be discovered automatically. The current IP of a speaker is displayed in the speaker settings.
- Minor bugfixes and connection improvements
- Fixed volume control in Google Music Mode
- Some minor bugs fixed
- Slovak localization by Matus Bory
- Cast Google Play Music from your PC to SoundSeeder with Chrome Browser and 'Google Cast' extension
- Save and delete playlists
- Improved streaming performance
- Russian localization by Sergey Chernov
- Android 4.4 KitKat support
- Streaming of Online Radio and Audio Files via HTTP
- Manual offset adjustment in speaker settings
- New "Sync" Button for resyncing playback
- Improved performance and some minor bugfixes
You will have to update both, Player and Speakers with this version.
- Shuffle and repeat buttons are now restored on app start
- Connect/disconnect Speaker in Volume dialog
- Player audio output can now be muted
- Google Music support!
- Eased Demo Mode restrictions: connect to 2 speakers
- Advanced speaker offset adjustment
- Many improvements in stability, performance and usability
To activate the Google Play Music support, go to Settings and unlock the new feature.
Then you can switch to Google Music Mode by selecting the new main menu.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.
- Fix for tablets running Android 3.x
- Faster loading of Album Covers
- New: User defined adjustment of speaker playback (offset)
Fix hardware related sync-problems manually
- Huge improvements in stability, performance and usability
- Improved connection handling and synchronicity
- New default streaming in mono. Network traffic reduction by 50% without any loss of quality on most devices.
- Play songs from external file browsers and mail attachments.
- New menu item to shutdown SoundSeeder, use back button to hide the app
- Many many minor bugs fixed.
- SoundSeeder is now available in the following languages:
English, German, Spanish, Italian, Czech and Polish.
Many thanks to ILCAMPIONE, Josep, skaram and Jan for supporting us with translations!
- New option to keep device awake. Use this setting if SoundSeeder looses the connection, when the device goes in standby.
- New option to set priority to gapless playback instead of synchronicity. If you don't need perfect synchronicity, this setting can help you to avoid pauses in playback.
- Bugfixes and connection improvements
- Homescreen widgets to control playback and manage connected speakers
- Minor bugfixes
- Improved handling of lost Wi-Fi connection
- Fixed song search for Android v4.3
- Show song cover instead of album cover (if available)
- Minor bugfixes and improvements
- New: "Play next" - Add song to queue and play it next
- Minor Bugfixes and performance improvements
- all features implemented
- first public beta version
- device compatibility tests