Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 39,645 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUT] Mode Your SystemUI & LockScreen | Noob Friendly |

Tip us?

abo hani
Old
(Last edited by abo hani; 17th April 2014 at 09:53 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,583
Tutorial [TUT] Mode Your SystemUI & LockScreen | Noob Friendly |

How to Edit Lockscreen & Systemui

Quote:
First of all i’m not expert developer i’m more like a themer i’m sharing my knowledge for xda community just for helping noobs to become expert
Quote:
Do it at your own risk !
Mods for know :
-how to make center clock and no battery icon just %
-how to make center clock with battery icon and %
-how to edit notifications numbers
-how to edit lockscreen (blinds&hin text&...etc)

How to decompile & compile with apktool

First you must know how to decompile and compile

Requirements :

Latest java installed
PC
notepad++ to edit xml
Human :P

Install the following package download

unzip it and put it in new folder and name it android

open the folder ,,,,, press left shift and press right mouse click and open cmd

copy SystemUI you want to edit or Lockscreen (name of lockscreen in rom "UxpNxtLockScreen")

Type this in cmd
Quote:
apktool d @@@.apk
replace @@@ with app name

After editing type this
Quote:
apktool b @@@
replace @@@ with app name without apk !

now you will find compiled app in dist folder

open the original apk with winrar or any zip manger and drag
Quote:
META-INF & AndroidMainFest.xml
to compiled apk and set zip options to "store" and make it replace the files

Finished !
Quote:
If you have problems ,,, install framewrok-res.apk and SemcGenericUxpRes.apk with this one "apktool if ccc.apk change ccc with name of app
just install frame&Semc of wanted Rom
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
now its time to know how to edit

How to make center clock without battery icon just %

decompile SystemUI.apk and go to res/layout/states bar.xml and replace inside with this

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/status_bar" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
  xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:paddingTop="2.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
    </LinearLayout>
    <ImageView android:id="@id/notification_lights_out" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingBottom="2.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lights_out_dot_small" android:scaleType="center" />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconPartitioner android:id="@id/notification_icon_area" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconPartitioner>
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/signal_cluster_view" />
            <TextView android:layout_gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/battery_text" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/status_bar_settings_settings_button" android:singleLine="true" style="@style/StatusBarNotificationText" />
            <ImageView android:id="@id/battery" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
        </LinearLayout>
    </LinearLayout>
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_bg_tile" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="center" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="center" />
        </ImageSwitcher>
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
            <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView>
    </LinearLayout>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView>
compile and done

you have center clock and % battery

How to make just center clock

Go to res/layout/states bar.xml and replace it with this

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/status_bar" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
  xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:paddingTop="2.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
    </LinearLayout>
    <ImageView android:id="@id/notification_lights_out" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingBottom="2.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lights_out_dot_small" android:scaleType="center" />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconPartitioner android:id="@id/notification_icon_area" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconPartitioner>
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/signal_cluster_view" />
            <TextView android:layout_gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/battery_text" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/status_bar_settings_settings_button" android:singleLine="true" style="@style/StatusBarNotificationText" />
            <ImageView android:id="@id/battery" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
        </LinearLayout>
    </LinearLayout>
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_bg_tile" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
        </ImageSwitcher>
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView>
    </LinearLayout>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView>
Compile and done

How to edit notifications numbers

Go to res/values/integers.xml and edit the number in
Quote:
<integer name="config_maxNotificationIcons">5</integer>
Edit the number (but dont make it high number it will case problems in notifications size

How to edit Lockscreen

decompile lockscreen and go to UxpNxtLockScreen\res\values

to change when hint go before unlocking(how many times to hint disappear)

open integers.xml

and change the number in
Code:
<integer name="unlocks_before_hint_removal">9</integer>
want to change the number of blinds ? in stock lockscreen its 4 and its small so you can make it as you like but as high you make it as ugly it will be :P

change the number here
Quote:
<integer name="number_of_blinds">10</integer>
want to change the blinds that will affected ?? = how many blinds will show when you put your finger on lockscreen

change the number here
Code:
<integer name="blinds_affected_by_touch">5</integer>

How to change hint text

Go to UxpNxtLockScreen\res\layout and open unlock_hint.xml

and find this android:text= and change the text between
Quote:
" "
and save it

How to change widgets place on lock screen

Go to UxpNxtLockScreen\res\values and open dimens.xml and change the " dip " near text

Ex:
Quote:
<dimen name="lockscreen_widget_slider_margin_top">93.0dip </dimen>
the place of the slider change 93.0 dip to the number you want (if the number was less it will be at top , more the number was more will be near the ground :P )

How to change blinds rotation degrees

Go to UxpNxtLockScreen\res\values and open fractions and change the number in this text
Code:
    <fraction name="max_sideways_rotation_degrees">100.0%</fraction>
put the number with %

if 300% it will look like big blinds so make it 150% or 50% :P as you like

How to make the slider with transparent

Go to UxpNxtLockScreen\res\drawable-xhdpi

and open arrows_swipe_camera_overlay with photoshop and make the opacity as you like and save as png (default)

Compile and done

---------------------------------------

Like it ? Hit thanks
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to abo hani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TitaniumZERO
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Cool step-by-step tutorial for newbie like me. Finally I can edit the lockscreen!!!
By the way, if I want the lock screen hint to stay there permanently, what value should I give to it?
MY DEVICE
Sony Xperia™ S LT26i
Android 4.1.2
Build 6.2.B.1.96 | rooted | deodexed

Th3DON
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumZERO View Post
Cool step-by-step tutorial for newbie like me. Finally I can edit the lockscreen!!!
By the way, if I want the lock screen hint to stay there permanently, what value should I give to it?
Remove the line
Code:
from the file.
I hope it'll work.
Try and comment here.

Pandemic
Old
Thanks Meter 11,265

DONATE TO ME
About lockscreen howto edit etc is already posted by @black97one here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=43582251
But nice share @abo hani

.. The True Source Of Knowledge Is Experience ..
... My Projects & Work ...

... Latest ...
>> [XZ]MoonWalker SuperB V3 <<
>> [XZL]MoonWalker SuperB V2 <<
-----------------------
||> All My Work <||

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pandemic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abo hani
Old
Thanks Meter 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
About lockscreen howto edit etc is already posted by @black97one here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=43582251
But nice share @abo hani
I know that , but i want to collect all of them together
The Following User Says Thank You to abo hani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abo hani
Old
Thanks Meter 1,583
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajith Roy View Post
Remove the line
Code:
from the file.
I hope it'll work.
Try and comment here.
Or just put the number 9999999 :P unlimited
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abo hani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TitaniumZERO
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by abo hani View Post
Or just put the number 9999999 :P unlimited
I've tried delete the line, it didn't work but putting an insanely big number there works.
By the way, I've tried the transparent slider mod but it's not working, I can't recompile the apk.
MY DEVICE
Sony Xperia™ S LT26i
Android 4.1.2

abo hani
Old
Thanks Meter 1,583
Quote:
I've tried delete the line, it didn't work but putting an insanely big number there works.
By the way, I've tried the transparent slider mod but it's not working, I can't recompile the apk.
Give me the log , press right click and select , select the log and press right click to copy it then paste it here

TitaniumZERO
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by abo hani View Post
Give me the log , press right click and select , select the log and press right click to copy it then paste it here
I'm in office now, I'll feedback when I go home.
MY DEVICE
Sony Xperia™ S LT26i
Android 4.1.2

ehabbo
Old
(Last edited by ehabbo; 6th August 2013 at 05:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Centered clock won't work with The AOSP one cuz differences like colors right?

EDIT: It worked
ROM: Trinity Vengeance RaptorXL™ Bootloader: Unlocked Kernel: TX-Core Kernel
Smartphones owned:iPhone 4~>Samsung Galaxy Note N7000