OP krishelnino

5th August 2013, 09:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 45

167 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am facing headphone jack issues of late with my Note 2. I have tried many headphones and earphones in my Note 2 and only the left audio works. If I wriggle around the audio jack and if I put the wire in a certain position, then the right audio comes and again stops even if the wire moves slightly. Its very annoying that I have to adjust the cable all the time. It is most likely a hardware problem with the jack. Should I give it in the service center or is there anything that I can do ? I am rooted and using a custom ROM. Will they repair it under warranty, if I flash back to stock ROM and reset the counter ?

Thanks
Last edited by krishelnino; 5th August 2013 at 09:07 AM.
5th August 2013, 02:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 42

149 posts
I had this problem with my mp3 player. It's very frustrating.

This picture is from a mp3 player, but it's the same in our phones. I think something is broken inside the yellow cirkle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375709316137.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	2166575  
5th August 2013, 04:42 PM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 93

441 posts
More
I have the exact same problem. Its a shame bcuz Note 2 has been the best phone Ive ever hsd.
5th August 2013, 04:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag C:\Earth\USA\California\Freakmont
Thanks Meter: 318

901 posts
More
Try cleaning out the port with a Q Tip and compressed air. No liquids if it continues then I would have services. Before sending it in have the stock firmware with kernel and recovery. And test it after that before sending it in.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4
5th August 2013, 05:54 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 274

1,012 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicingtaco

Try cleaning out the port with a Q Tip and compressed air. No liquids if it continues then I would have services. Before sending it in have the stock firmware with kernel and recovery. And test it after that before sending it in.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

Agreed, a can of compressed air may end up costing you significantly less time and money!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
6th August 2013, 03:28 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 299

1,794 posts
Mine is doing this too, but only with certain cables plugged in. Those with a wider flat plug have the issue, where those with a smaller rounded plug do not. I am attempting to just get a cable for my headphones that have a smaller rounded plug, instead of getting the phone fixed, since it works with some. I think it is more an issue with not being able to push the plug entirely flush as the phone is curved, than with a defect in the contacts (though nothing would suprise me).
6th August 2013, 02:18 PM   |  #7  
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 2

117 posts
More
I've just sent my note 2 to Samsung (via Vodafone) to have the headphone socket fixed.
They refused because it was rooted It was still on stock Vodafone firmware and I forgot to unroot it lol
6th August 2013, 03:26 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 274

1,012 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz9999

I've just sent my note 2 to Samsung (via Vodafone) to have the headphone socket fixed.
They refused because it was rooted It was still on stock Vodafone firmware and I forgot to unroot it lol

Are you in the EU? If so, they can't refuse on those grounds..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
6th August 2013, 06:19 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Note 2 Headphone jack fix for me
I too had this same issue. I have figured it out. I could not get the headphone jack to work, cleaned it and everything. I thought my phone was done. Then I was changing out my sd card I noticed a screw loose. The one right between the camera and the flash. I tightened it up and sure enough the headphone jack works now!! Not sure if this will fix all of your issues but just thought I would throw that out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to djaudicy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2013, 02:15 AM   |  #10  
CO
Thanks Meter: 18

121 posts
Mine eventually went out completely, so i ordered a new one on eBay for $6 US. It literally took 5 minutes to fix.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread