[MOD][GUIDE][GB] WIFI & BT ON/OFF Switches on Settings ***HOT***
Ace-I Team is back with a new guide.One of the most advanced ICS Features now comes on Gingerbread! Admit it, Everyone has been attracted by this feature! That's why :THIS IS THE MOST WANTED GUIDE FOR GINGERBREAD DEVICES EVER!!
Wifi and bluetooth ON/OFF Switches on Settings!
Requirements : -APK Multi Tool
-Sources on the attachments
-High Smali & xml knowledge
1. Decompile Settings.apk
2. Extract the sources. Copy switch_holo_dark.xml from sources and paste it on drawable folder.
3. Copy the PNGs from the sources and paste them on drawable-mdpi folder.
4. Copy icon_checkbox_preference.xml from the sources and paste it on layout folder.
5. Go to res/values/styles.xml.
Paste this text on the end of the file before
Part III : Adding switched and disabling signature check
Adding Buttons in Settings.apk by custom style and Disabling Signature Verification
If you were successful in accomplishing the above procedure. Be happy, but not too much because the key part is left, and that is - Adding those custom ICS Buttons in Settings by overriding the default GB tickview. Or else, you will get checkboxes instead of Switches. You don't wanna do that? Do you?
Enough talking let's roll
Part III (a)
1. Open AndroidManifest.xml located in decompiled Settings.apk
It means you have to add android:theme="@style/Switch" between <activity and android:label="@string/settings_label_launcher"
4. Save the file.
5. Now, as you have edited the AndroidManifest.xml . Android system won't accept your app and refuse to load it as its signature should be changed.
So, sign the recompile the apk and sign it
6. But again, there's one little problem. Android doesn't load system apps with modified signatures for stability of OS, so your app will disappear from app drawer and if you try to open it from any other source, it will say "App isn't installed"
So, sign ALL system apps and framework apps with same key
Follow the workaround in (b) part
You may have accomplished the above thing but still something needs to be done to complete the procedure. Believe me, it's the last thing
Android System doesn't accept the apks that are signed by default. So we, here, will render that option obsolete by editing some files.
Part III (b)
1. Pull services.jar from /system/framework/
2. Extract it's classes.dex and decompile it via my ROM Tolls
3. Go to com/android/server/PackageManagerService.smali
Biggest biggest thanks and full credits to b16h22 for making this awesome mod and his open source heart to share it with us and guiding us through on how to accomplish it and giving us permissions to make this thread
loSconosciuto for Signature Verification Disabling Guide
Sniper Killer for starting this initiative
iamareebjamal for fixing the AndroidManifest to display the switches in Settings and applying idea of signature verification
Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more
19 Sep 2014
By Will Verduzco
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?