[KERNEL][AOSP/TW][27 Dec] War Kernel r3 // colder than ever

Search This thread

semarac

Jul 10, 2014
Does anyone still have the Raw kernel r10 for Omni 4.4 file? :fingers-crossed:
The download link is down and I can't find it anywhere else.
Thanks!

alvaro_L

Sep 28, 2016
Hi I have in my note N7000 12.1 cm 20161017 night owl, and the kernel version is 3.0.31 -Bauner, I can install your kernel for war 13 cm 12.1?

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

download link has virus, could rise to mega or drive?

Azeazezar

Aug 5, 2011
ಠ_ಠ
Hey everyone,

I cracked my 3.5 years old screen just yesterday. The phone is still fully functional, but I bought a LG G2 as a replacement (I was looking for a <200$ phone with a good camera that is fully supported by CyanogenMod).

It means that the Note will not be my daily driver anymore starting on Tuesday. On the flip side I won't have to worry about losing my data or being unavailable while hacking on it.

I must say that I learned so much from this phone. It got me into kernel development and being involved with the CyanogenMod project. As time passes this phone is getting better and better. Although there are so many things that are left to be done that I haven't had the time/courage to work on, but I'm sure it will come eventually! :)

I wanted to say thank you to everyone involved.

Cheers :highfive:

Sorry for the late reply, but i have 2 N7000s here with intact display that do not power on any more. Interested?

lee.wp14

Sep 15, 2015
Penang
Sorry for the late reply, but i have 2 N7000s here with intact display that do not power on any more. Interested?

Try use with new battery (u can borrow from someone or buy new) or :
I bought my current n7000 from my friend in faulty condition. He say cannot charge n on.
Tried charger from .5A to 2.5A but still dead.
After that I take the battery n charge it outside the phone using a universal business battery charger for 15mins n put back the n7000. Volia, it is alive!
Hope it helps you!

Azeazezar

Aug 5, 2011
ಠ_ಠ
Try use with new battery (u can borrow from someone or buy new) or :
I bought my current n7000 from my friend in faulty condition. He say cannot charge n on.
Tried charger from .5A to 2.5A but still dead.
After that I take the battery n charge it outside the phone using a universal business battery charger for 15mins n put back the n7000. Volia, it is alive!
Hope it helps you!

I have tried this. Unfortunately it did not work. 3 different battery, no effect.
Thanks anyway, it's good advice and resurrected phones for me in the past.

farnoosh22

Oct 8, 2020
link doesn't work

link for raw kernel r5 doesn't work, it's too old.
does anybody have the new link for downloading it?
please help me.
thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I'm happy to present you my kernel, War Kernel, based on latest TW kernel sources.
    Here you go, @XxPixX :highfive:

Changes over stock :
    • Mali r3p2 merged
    • GCC 5.3 compiled (feels snappier!)
    • Defaults to interactive/ROW
    • 59hz panel overclock for lower input lag (disabled for now)
    • FPBug patchset merged
    • TRIM support (read this)
    • 13-step cpufreq
    • 3-step GPU DVFS
    That's all. These tiny changes are trully noticeable. ;)

Download :
    (if the download page gets stuck disable your ad blocker)

old: r2/war, r1/war, r10, r9, r4/TW, r8, r7, r3/TW, r6, r2/TW, r1/TW, r5/KK4.4, r4/JB4.3, r3, r2/JB4.3, r2/JB4.2, r1

Dear developers
    War Kernel repo
    Raw Kernel repo
    Raw Kernel for Touchwiz repo

Dear adventurers
    nothing to see here

Have fun.
    I made another interesting discovery today. :) It's related to the Insignal graphics stack I tried to merge last year.

So, last year, Insignal released their jb-mr1.1 source for Exynos 4412 that was insanely great because their graphics stack is entirely revamped from the ground up, looking a lot like what's found in the Nexus 10 which uses an Exynos 5 SoC. When doing the diff, it turns out this SoC is not so different from our Exynos 4, so the code is like 95% similar.

The first thing to do was to merge the userspace code. That's a slightly modified gralloc with an entirely new hwcomposer that does the job. After testing it, it was barely working, crashing a lot, and after some inspection it turned out that we needed to update some kernel drivers.

The Insignal kernel is based on the 3.4 Android kernel reference, s3cfb driver is nuked and replaced by a new s3c-fb framebuffer driver that interacts with the new hwcomposer and uses dmabuf/ION. This new driver in turn depends on a new 3.4 ION driver and Mali blobs with UMP disabled and dmabuf enabled (r3p2).

I could merge the new ION driver without much problems, and the Mali driver was just a matter of replacing the blobs. However, removing the old s3cfb driver meant that the panel driver was also gone (the Origen board uses a LCD, which is completely different), and I had no idea how to get the panel working at this point. Also, merging the s3c-fb driver meant that the kernel was crashing early with no way to debug it. I was hitting a wall...

This morning I looked at the i9500 (S4) kernel code and guess what... Everything's there, the new framebuffer driver with all the panel drivers, even OUR panel driver! It includes: s3c-fb, MIPI-DSI driver, lcdfreq driver, s6e8aa0 panel driver. I know how to merge this sh*t. And we have three reference sources: exynos4 insignal, exynos5 nexus, exynos5 i9500 that share almost the same code.

One problem though, Insignal has taken down the sources and binaries a few months ago. However, we have it all backed up: kernel source, userspace code (1, 2), and the last missing piece, the blobs (thanks @sbrissen !).

This is our chance to get a graphics stack that surpasses what Samsung ships and will ever ship with Touchwiz for i9100/N7000/i9300/N7100 :victory:

Edit: I'm writing this wall of text to help other developers understand what's going on. This is something I needed when I started developing... It is very hard to get any documentation, so I hope it will help others that would like to take part of this.

Edit2: by looking at gralloc_priv.h, it seems Insignal's gralloc is based on r3p2-01rel0 release.
    Announcing Raw Kernel r6

Boom!!

Changelog :
    * Latest Omni changes included
    * Updated ramdisk, finally fixes SD card issues on Kitkat!
    * JB version includes Mali r3p2 blobs!

KitKat version is only compatible with OmniROM 4.4.
    Jelly Bean version is only compatible with CyanogenMod 10.2.

Download :
    * raw_kernel_r6_k44.zip
    * raw_kernel_r6_j43.zip

My new pc is totally awesome, I can compile my kernel in less than two minutes now :D
    Expect another announce in a few days. :)
    Announcing Raw Kernel r4

More than two months after r3, here comes r4 :angel:

Changelog :
    * Rebased upon cm-10.2 branch with latest changes included
    * Updated Linaro toolchain to 4.7-2013.09
    * Updated ramdisk with latest CWM recovery

No more phone app issues!

Download :
    * raw_kernel_r4_j43.zip

Looking forward to KitKat, OmniROM and a source drop from Samsung to have proper r3p2 drivers... :good:
    Great to see some more work being done on this Geecko, thank you!

http://irclog.whitequark.org/teamhacksung/2014-02-17

I don't like being watched like this :D

EDIT:

More details about what I'm trying to do :
    - Backport ION kernel from Insignal 3.4 (it's compiling now). It's a mandatory requirement for the framebuffer driver, also the hardest part in my mind. Will totally break the camera stuff
    - Disable UMP and use older r3p2-01rel0 Insignal Mali binaries which are using dma-buf instead (easy to merge in theory, it's also required)
    - Use s3cfb framebuffer driver from Insignal with dma-buf support
    - Finally switch to this f@@@@cking hwcomposer that will do wonders (the pull request is ready to merge since months)

Nexus 10 grade graphics stack for our Exynos 4 devices. Even better than what's shipped in the stock firmware. :D